Anthony Gordon Handsome Winger Man

Ayatollah Hermione

• 4 weeks later...

He is absolutely with the right manager.  Hopefully he will realise that soon and not it regret much later.  

Edited by trophyshy
  • Like 1

Still find it a strange signing.

The lad runs about a lot but in my opinion he looks unsure as to what the fuck he is meant to be doing. Tracks back well, but is pretty hesitant at times up front.

As for his display of petulance I’m sure he felt humiliated at being subbed off whilst being a sub himself but making an arse out of yourself with his reaction hardly improved his situation. The fucking  knob.

Evidently not used to having to trust in a manager and having to respect his decisions.

• Like 3

I thought he did well when he came on. He looks a threat and his movement is good. Not too arsed about this as it was clearly a reaction to being subbed off after coming on as a sub. Not that it’s right but I expect Howe to tell him it’s not acceptable and for that to be the end of it 

• Like 6

Pretty childish from him, but we all heard the stories about his character before he signed. Bit of a knob…hope Howe is able to coach it out of him 

I’ve been impressed with him since he joined. Better than I expected tbh. Really good pace, pressing and work rate. He’s probably annoyed due to lack of opportunities - he’s arguably deserved to start more than one game so far - and embarrassed by being subbed as a sub. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Alex said:

I thought he did well when he came on. He looks a threat and his movement is good. Not too arsed about this as it was clearly a reaction to being subbed off after coming on as a sub. Not that it’s right but I expect Howe to tell him it’s not acceptable and for that to be the end of it 

Spot on, I’ve no problem with it after years of watching people like Shelvey be buzzing to be subbed off. While it wasn’t a great reaction I just think he’s desperate to prove himself at his new club, he will be dealt with by Howe and it’ll be a learning curve the same as why he was subbed will be - you can’t give stupid fouls away like that. 

I think overall Gordon gives the work rate and physicality of Murphy but with a bit more quality. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

oLLVkgI.png

:whistling:

in fairness those 70.6% are probably the very same people who were shouting for howe to be sacked on twitter yesterday.

far too early to judge the lad yet, but its reasonable to say he wasn't great yesterday.

• Like 4

They were all shit yesterday so harsh to single out a 21 year old kid making only his second start. His previous start was against Man City so he hasn’t had many easy games to make an impression. I’ve been impressed with his substitute appearances 

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

in fairness those 70.6% are probably the very same people who were shouting for howe to be sacked on twitter yesterday.

far too early to judge the lad yet, but its reasonable to say he wasn't great yesterday.

And the same ones who think ASM is the new Messi :cuppa:

• Haha 4

18 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

And the same ones who think ASM is the new Messi :cuppa:

Watching Messi has never made me want to learn Spanish, next week though, I got my first French lessons.

Maxi 1 - 0 Messi

Edited by LongTimeAdmirer
  • Haha 3

• 1 month later...