happy howe's masters of the early goal, wembley bound warriors v misery moyesy's relegation haunted , olympic stadium squatters

thebrokendoll

so nice to get that early strike on tuesday, followed by another on the 20 minute mark. never thought the tie was in any doubt after that at all to be honest.

flying out the blocks again this weekend would be lovely. it's good that longstaff has come to terms with the fact that the goal isn't on the roof of the stands at last, we may need him again on saturday or is wilson about to wake up from his post world cup slumber?

anyway....

can't see west ham scoring any more than 1 at best, if we score 2 it'll be in the bag!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

i'm at this game. i've only seen us win since the takeover so hoping that run of form continues. unfortunately i'm up with mates for this one, so i din't have my little lad, who is my lucky mascot. 

still fancy a win. i'm disappointed isak and bruno won't be involved, but looking forward to seeing what gordon can do and hoping it isn't a case of after the lord mayor's show. hopefully the atmosphere will be decent with it being a 5pm kick off under the lights. 

• Like 1

the PL concussion protocol means 7 days rest and observation from when the player goes off with the injury. i dunno if that is triggered by a player going off with a head inury or if the concussion has to be diagnosed by medical staff

2 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

:lol: They (The FA and EPL) couldn't give a toss about player health.

:lol: Well, theyre a lot more enlightened nowadays Mr Yorkshire EVERYTHINGS FOOKIN SHIIITE than they were till recently . Here’s the protocol and guess what, it’s up to NUFC medics to implement and oversee it. It’s got fuck all to do with the FA or the EPL unless we don’t actually implement or oversee it . 

https://www.thefa.com/get-involved/head-injuries-in-football#:~:text=The medical staff will assess,from officials or other players.

There. took me two seconds to google it :) 

It's ok having the protocols in place, but then there's adhering to it.  

Isak was clearly fucking out.  He should have been removed from play to be properly assessed.  But that would mean a team is down a player.

So if the club follow these steps, Isak will not be allowed to play on Sunday.

10 minutes ago, Tom said:

Hopefully this sees the start of some good form in front of goal so we can walk into the final confident.

my west ham mate i'm taking to match doesn't fancy their chances. says he'll be delighted to escape with a point, 

4 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

It's ok having the protocols in place, but then there's adhering to it.  

Isak was clearly fucking out.  He should have been removed from play to be properly assessed.  But that would mean a team is down a player.

So if the club follow these steps, Isak will not be allowed to play on Sunday.

Be a shit atmosphere if he does play on Sunday :lol: 

• Haha 3

Having a mandatory rule out for 7 days is bollocks though. I mean 7 days is the time it takes the Earth to rotate 7 times on it's axis and travel approximately 3 million miles on it's annual orbit around the sun. These are entirely arbitrary numbers with no relation to head injury I am aware of and may as well have been conjured out of thin air. If he still has symptoms after a few hours, get the lad scanned. But if he is completely free of symptoms, no reason he can't play. I mean, not being funny, but we still have a sport now where the intention is to give your opponent a head injury, and worse, WOMEN (and LGBTQIA+ etc) are allowed to play it! PC gone mad it is. They'll be banning Delilah next. 

• Haha 8

Even without Bruno and Isak, I reckon we'll have more than enough in reserve. 2-0 for me - would love to see Gordon grab a debut goal to help him settle in.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Renton said:

Having a mandatory rule out for 7 days is bollocks though. I mean 7 days is the time it takes the Earth to rotate 7 times on it's axis and travel approximately 3 million miles on it's annual orbit around the sun. These are entirely arbitrary numbers with no relation to head injury I am aware of and may as well have been conjured out of thin air. If he still has symptoms after a few hours, get the lad scanned. But if he is completely free of symptoms, no reason he can't play. I mean, not being funny, but we still have a sport now where the intention is to give your opponent a head injury, and worse, WOMEN (and LGBTQIA+ etc) are allowed to play it! PC gone mad it is. They'll be banning Delilah next. 

Why, Why, Why? 

• Jaysus... 1

2 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

i'm at this game. i've only seen us win since the takeover so hoping that run of form continues. unfortunately i'm up with mates for this one, so i din't have my little lad, who is my lucky mascot. 

still fancy a win. i'm disappointed isak and bruno won't be involved, but looking forward to seeing what gordon can do and hoping it isn't a case of after the lord mayor's show. hopefully the atmosphere will be decent with it being a 5pm kick off under the lights. 

How much ket will you be taking beforehand though?

• Haha 2

I think you probably have to go with Maxi if we’re missing Bruno, just to provide us with a bit of spark. I can’t see Gordon starting but an exciting cameo would be pretty great. I’ll go for a conservative 2-1 as I think these might score. Especially if Ings is straight in. Depends on how far the Moyes rot has set in, I suppose