happy howe's masters of the early goal, wembley bound warriors v misery moyesy's relegation haunted , olympic stadium squatters

thebrokendoll

5 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I think you probably have to go with Maxi if we’re missing Bruno, just to provide us with a bit of spark. I can’t see Gordon starting but an exciting cameo would be pretty great. I’ll go for a conservative 2-1 as I think these might score. Especially if Ings is straight in. Depends on how far the Moyes rot has set in, I suppose

Ings is out

It's going to be very interesting to see how we set up tomorrow. The obvious change is Joelinton pushed back into midfield and ASM on the left, but with Isak probably going to be available and Gordon ready to be selected there's a few ways we could go. The answer as to whether Howe still trusts ASM to play 90 minutes will be answered fairly conclusively. Actually now that I think about it it's very unlikely Gordon will start given he's only had one training session with the rest of the squad, and Howe's general reluctance to through players straight in. 

Edited by Polarboy

i would line us up like this: 

-----------pope

trippier--schar---botman--burn

---willock---longstaff---joelinton

almiron------isak------gordon

i think howe we go for: 

------------pope

almiron------wilson-----murphy

11 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i would line us up like this: 

-----------pope

almiron------isak------gordon

i think howe we go for: 

------------pope

almiron------wilson-----murphy

Obviously Howe has more than earned our trust, but if he goes ultra conservative with the second choice my heart will sink a little bit. Then again if we get 6, 7 points in our next three fixtures playing that way it will have been the correct decision. 

2 hours ago, Polarboy said:

Obviously Howe has more than earned our trust, but if he goes ultra conservative with the second choice my heart will sink a little bit. Then again if we get 6, 7 points in our next three fixtures playing that way it will have been the correct decision. 

As long as we keep getting results, who gives a fuck, right?

Everton like to defend deep and counter which is why I’d like to see is play our quickest forwards most likely to pull them out of position. There’s a case for playing ASM too tbh. If Howe keeps him on the bench still, you have to wonder if he has a future here.  

5 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Everton like to defend deep and counter which is why I’d like to see is play our quickest forwards most likely to pull them out of position. There’s a case for playing ASM too tbh. If Howe keeps him on the bench still, you have to wonder if he has a future here. 

That will be great but Bruno will be back by Everton and no doubt Gordon will be starting 11.

• Haha 2

Just now, sammynb said:

That will be great but Bruno will be back by Everton and no doubt Gordon will be starting 11.

I meant West Ham. Their big-eyed manager confused me for a minute 

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Nobody can accuse us of sportswashing with Murphy & Ciggy on the poster :lol: 

I heard a discussion on talksport, (bear with me here :lol:) which piqued my interest to see what rationale would be in a sportswashing discussion between West Ham fan, Martin Samuel and I strongly suspect, Tottenham fan, Darren Lewis. Lewis opened up saying he was rooting for us in the SF v Southampton as he wanted to see us get to Wembley and face Man U and then thought to himself, Have I been sportswashed? :lol: 

They had a general discussion obviously not liking the Saudi Arabia human rights but admitting that we're not really bigging up SA so far and it's just been about NUFC, the resurgence, the feel good factor, the fact we're still playing a lot of the old players, we haven't spent billions on M'Bappe etc and saying, if anything, the Saudis would be under the spotlight more than they would've been had they not bought NUFC, ditto the Qataris hosting the WC which they fully admit to fully enjoying when they were there. The show, the host and the journalists were fully on board with the tricky subject of sportswashing and our part in it but after they'd thought about it, talked about it, looked at sportswashing in the past going back to Russia, the US, Olympics in Nazi Germany etc they realised it's been happening for years and they actually thought we, the fans, had fuck all to do with anything, the three of them did a U-turn I believe as the premise at the start wasn't the outcome at the end as I genuinely got the feeling it started off as a bit of a hatchet job but the reality dawned on them at the end. Nobody's really bigging SA up other than one or two knackers on twitter or on the telly iyam. I think it was like them entering a maze and eventually working their way out. :lol:

• Like 4