happy howe's masters of the early goal, wembley bound warriors v misery moyesy's relegation haunted , olympic stadium squatters

thebrokendoll

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

Our midfield also was a bit one dimensional at times. Lots of sideways passes out to the flanks and very little through the middle without Bruno or Shelvey. 

Yep. West Ham made it hard through the middle though.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

I thought Gordon looked electric when he came on. Looked as though he was playing about twice the speed of everyone else.

It will be interesting to see where he ends up playing as some of his passing / play around midfield was superb. It’s almost like he would be wasted out left or right.

In my tiny football brain that doesn’t always understand formations I can imagine a diamond that has Bruno at the back of midfield him at the front and then Joelinton and Longstaff either side. I can imagine the speed of passing and creativity between Bruno and Gordon being magnificent. 

Not sure if Howe would play like that or if it’s even possible.

He’s definitely going to get goals and assists.

I reckon the plan is Gordon on the left, Joelinton and Longstaff sitting in the middle and Bruno playing the creative midfield role 

• Like 2

There was a few times we got to the edge of their box and just continued to look for a pass. Burn a few times could have put a cross in and didn't. Just passed back. Frustrating and we need to learn to have a shot too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

There was a few times we got to the edge of their box and just continued to look for a pass. Burn a few times could have put a cross in and didn't. Just passed back. Frustrating and we need to learn to have a shot too. 

yep. So much possession but an strange reluctance to pull the trigger 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Absolutely. Why don't we shoot from range? I mean that's rhetorical cos we're shite at it but we atoll need an A* striker to complete the jigsaw. 

7 hours ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

based on what exactly from the last games?

Sometimes it seems like unless Maxi has done something YouTube worthy and we've scored from it, he's had a terrible game. Never seen a player get assessed in such binary terms

2 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

I was at the match yesterday. You really get a sense of how little effort Maxi puts in when you watch the game in the flesh. He had a chance to play his way back into the side and he fucked it. Gordon looked much better in half the amount of time on the pitch. It wouldn’t surprise me if Gordon replaces him for the next game. I suspect ASM might be sold in the summer  

He was down by the gallowgate end on the Milburn side walking back with not a player near him whilst everyone was in the leazes half and you're looking at him and he's either fucked and it's just too much for him or he's just lazy, I'd say the former as even our engines must be feeling the strain with the effort they've put in for over 12 months and I'd imagine our match fit now is harder to get to than under a previous manager's match fit so maybe a run of games would help but as has been said, I just don't see it happening as he's not built for our current set up in my opinion. He was genuinely needed when were all over the shop but those days are gone. Part of me feels a bit sorry for him as I think there's fuck all he can do about it which must be frustrating for him but he's getting well paid and will get a move to another club to be their main man so he'll get over it in the long run. We, however, can't risk giving him a run on the off chance he'll come around to our style.

Edited by Howmanheyman
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

He was down by the gallowgate end on the Milburn side walking back with not a player near him whilst everyone was in the leazes half and you're looking at him and he's either fucked and it's just too much for him or he's just lazy, I'd say the former as even our engines must be feeling the strain with the effort they've put in for over 12 months and I'd imagine our match fit now is harder to get to than under a previous manager's match fit so maybe a run of games would help but as has been said, I just don't see it happening as he's not built for our current set up in my opinion. He was genuinely needed when were all over the shop but those days are gone. Part of me feels a bit sorry for him as I think there's fuck all he can do about which must be frustrating for him but he's getting well paid and will get a move to another club to be their main man so he'll get over it in the long run. We, however, can't risk giving him a run on the off chance he'll come around to our style.

Perfectly summed up. Don't think anything else needs said.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Renton said:

Perfectly summed up. Don't think anything else needs said.

Good. Because he’s only played one in the last 5 and we’ve only won one of them 🤷🏻‍♂️

As a team we’re going from very good to slightly above average form wise. That’s the whole team. Singling out a player whose deficiencies are well known in the one game he’s played seems liking missing a wider point. We’re not playing very well…

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PaddockLad said:

Good. Because he’s only played one in the last 5 and we’ve only won one of them 🤷🏻‍♂️

As a team we’re going from very good to slightly above average form wise. That’s the whole team. Singling out a player whose deficiencies are well known in the one game he’s played seems liking missing a wider point. We’re not playing very well…

It isn't all about ASM, I totally agree. I think we're looking a bit burnt out, a few players not in great form and other teams are preparing against us a bit better. All little details add up a bit. :good:

• Like 4

Just wish we'd been a bit more adventurous in the window, especially with a creative mid or premium striker. I know it's not feasible or that Rome wasn't built in a day etc, but thankfully at least we have Gordon who was really impressive. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Renton said:

Just wish we'd been a bit more adventurous in the window, especially with a creative mid or premium striker. I know it's not feasible or that Rome wasn't built in a day etc, but thankfully at least we have Gordon who was really impressive. 

headless chook i think you'll find (™ longtimeadmirer)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

It isn't all about ASM, I totally agree. I think we're looking a bit burnt out, a few players not in great form and other teams are preparing against us a bit better. All little details add up a bit. :good:

That’s it like, a bit of a drop off in a few areas…we’ve even started letting goals in!!!  :o/:lol: 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

Gemmill said that you could hear in the second half how much the crowd were frustrated with Maxi and that says a lot. Because like Gloom and Alex said at the match you see a whole lot more. 

I wasn't at the match. You could hear it on the telly though. It gets mentioned in the TF match report too, I think. 

7 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

That’s it like, a bit of a drop off in a few areas…we’ve even started letting goals in!!!  :o/:lol: 

When Che Adams scored on Tuesday I had this really strange feeling of incomprehension. What had just happened, what does it mean, what is this negative emotion? 

• Haha 5

they also had Declan Rice, which didn't help our Bruno-less midfield. Better to draw than lose tbh.

Can't comment in detail about game as I watched it in blurrivision as was dragged into the local by Hamish (the dog) at 1:00 and had a liquid 4 hour lunch 😳

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

The problem is clear and simple. We’ve not won a league game this season that Bruno hasn’t played in, in the four he’s missed we’ve had 3 draws and a loss. I’m singling out ASM because it’s glaring how uninterested he is in helping the team, as I say there’s others that played poorly but they were trying. Last I will say on it, it’s simply time he went. Oh aye and that post by long time admirer is probably the worst one I’ve seen, Gordon was head and shoulders above ASM when he come on it’s not even debatable. 

• Like 3
  • Jaysus... 1

4 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

they also had Declan Rice, which didn't help our Bruno-less midfield. Better to draw than lose tbh.

Can't comment in detail about game as I watched it in blurrivision as was dragged into the local by Hamish (the dog) at 1:00 and had a liquid 4 hour lunch 😳

Where was lunch taken? The Lauderdale? 🍺🍺

Around the time Longstaff broke into the first team we played WH @ the Olympic park…. lots of stuff on socials about who was better in the lead up to the game but for the time he was on the pitch (Longy got done by Snodgrass and was out for months afterwards) he was ripped a new arsehole by Rice. Longy is a lot closer to him now but as you say that lad is something else at this level. Lots saying he was chatty with our players and clapped the Gallowgate when he went off….but that’s a bit of a pipe dream tbh…

18 minutes ago, Howay said:

The problem is clear and simple. We’ve not won a league game this season that Bruno hasn’t played in, in the four he’s missed we’ve had 3 draws and a loss. I’m singling out ASM because it’s glaring how uninterested he is in helping the team, as I say there’s others that played poorly but they were trying. Last I will say on it, it’s simply time he went. Oh aye and that post by long time admirer is probably the worst one I’ve seen, Gordon was head and shoulders above ASM when he come on it’s not even debatable. 

_85456544_mike_headless_getty976.jpg

the HC couldnt produce 1/10th of what Maxim did 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

He was great to watch, whoever labelled him a HC needs therapy 

widely thought coventry had our eyes out when robson brought him in for £6.5m

was impressed with gordon when he came on yesterday, looked anything but a headless chook. excited to see how he develops, would certainly be starting before your mate asm next weekend..... :)

• Like 2
  • Jaysus... 1

4 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

widely thought coventry had our eyes out when robson brought him in for £6.5m

was impressed with gordon when he came on yesterday, looked anything but a headless chook. excited to see how he develops, would certainly be starting before your mate asm next weekend..... :)

Gordon starts and ASM drops back to the bench. 100%

• Like 2