Where’s good to park in North London!?

Tom

45 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

1. Anywhere on the Metropolitan line is good for Wembley :good: 

2. Eddie Howe is from the mean streets of Canford Cliffs :D 

I will see if my host remembers him playing cricket in Chesham. 

Train passes Wembley so it would be ideal in case I can find someone getting hold of a ticket. It probably will be a rather posh ones, I just hope not all rich people in Buckinghamshire are fat cunts.

1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

That’ll be tighter than your 32” jeans on Cup Final day man. :lol:

I’m thinking somewhere like Head of Steam but I’ve no idea if they have screens. 

Tilleys?

2 hours ago, David Kelly said:

Pacific is child friendly and have plenty of screens if you're wanting somewhere central in the town.  I don't know what you consider decent beer, and I can't stand that craft shite that's popular these days.  They certainly have better options than Carling and Fosters though.

Fuck me is that still going? I remember back when it was first opened and was supposed to have cost sevenl million quid to build. Fuck knows what they spent the money on. 

16 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Tilleys has some screens now but it’s lost a bit of its charm since the refurb. Far too bright for my tastes. Bodega might be fine with the bairn and they’ve got that big projector screen. Or they used to, haven’t been in for a bit 

Another one I'm amazed is still open. Saw it on Vera the other day (Mrs Rents watching, not me). 

1 minute ago, Renton said:

Actually my real suggestion, what about the North Terrace? I've no idea on any of the criteria other than it has screens mind. Canny enough pub. 

Used to get in their quite often post match years ago. 

Just now, Alex said:

Pacific looked dated when it opened. Is it retro cool these days. A la Lennons and Sgt Peppers? 

I've always thought Sgt Peppers was shit although I admit I haven't been in for years. 

5 minutes ago, Renton said:

Actually my real suggestion, what about the North Terrace? I've no idea on any of the criteria other than it has screens mind. Canny enough pub. 

In that (very general) direction, the Hancock might be all right too

9 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

I've always thought Sgt Peppers was shit although I admit I haven't been in for years. 

Nether have I but it always was. I was taking the piss ;) 

For sone reason we used to go there post match sometimes. Once I piped up “it’s fucking shite in here” and it turned out every felt the same and nobody said anything as it was a case of just going with the flow so we stopped going after that. :lol: 

Apart from the dog rough clientele (and some of the fellas in there were dodgy too) I remember, despite all the 60s stuff on the walks, nearly everything played was cheesy 70s glam rock. That and the posters behind the bar that were for drinks on offer when you weren’t there. Half price pints on Wednesday before 6 o’clock, that sort of thing. 

Edited by Alex
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Alex said:

Nether have I but it always was. I was taking the piss ;) 

For sone reason we used to go there post match sometimes. Once I piped up “it’s fucking shite in here” and it turned out every felt the same and nobody said anything as it was a case of just going with the flow so we stopped going after that. :lol: 

Apart from the dog rough clientele (and some of the fellas in there were dodgy too) I remember, despite all the 60s stuff on the walks, nearly everything played was cheesy 70s glam rock. That and the posters behind the bar that were for drinks on offer when you weren’t there. Half price pints on Wednesday before 6 o’clock, that sort of thing. 

I knew you were, I know a few who would get in there and I never understood the attraction? When I was single a long time ago and we were all out we'd sometimes pop in here and I was exactly the same. :lol:

• Haha 1

I've been once to Sgt Pepper, quite literally this was in 1987 when I was still an underage drinker. Another one I am amazed by the longevity of. So that's the Pacific, Sgt Peppers, and Trillians, each survived 25 years plus, each shit in their own way. Although I have fond memories of the latter. Somebody once commented to me that all music genres come and go, excpet for metal. Guess he was right. 

5 hours ago, Renton said:

Impossible to get a train now so IF I get a ticket and IF I can persuade anybody to look after the kids for a whole day or even overnight (hello, anybody?), I'll have to drive. So this question is actually relevant to me now. 

get your hands on a spare one too and I'll send mrs bd up to look after the little'uns. she's dbs checked and everything.

you can park on my drive in cheltenham and I'll piggy back you down to london!  :lol:

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

Me going to London and missing the actual match would just be the same as my last 3 Wembley trips, which to be fair were all enjoyable :lol: 

Aye, I wish I’d missed the match on the last three occasions I went there as well 

Edited by Alex
  • Haha 1

Last time I went for a cup game, it was the Cardiff Semi where we were skittled but our fans were rowdier than they were by several magnitudes. Was a good day getting the bus from town in the middle of the night when everyone on the piss was going home. 

It's safe to say I WON'T be getting a ticket.

Edited by Chaser
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Renton said:

It’ll also be rammed with student blart. 

Renton wins lads. :lol:

• Haha 1