Where’s good to park in North London!?

Tom

7 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Lots of talk of a beam back event at SJP for the final…this was the last one, fuckin dismal in every way including the result..

I was there for that one. 2 minutes in before everyone on the gallowgate decided they couldn't see and decided to go on the pitch. Stewards tried to stop them but quickly gave up :lol:

Did we need to beat Boro to come 2nd? But lost and got into the playoffs and lost to the Mackems? Seem to remember something like that but might be mixing up two different seasons 

Think we needed Sheff Utd to lose and us to win for us to finish 2nd & automatic promotion. Finished 3rd, Mackems put us out in semis, they got beat in final but still went up due to Swindon’s financial irregularities :cuppa:

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Alex said:

Did we need to beat Boro to come 2nd? But lost and got into the playoffs and lost to the Mackems? Seem to remember something like that but might be mixing up two different seasons 

We could've won the 2nd division if we won and Sheffield United and Leeds United didn't. Unlikely they'd both lose but if one had slipped and we won it was automatic promotion. Obviously both won and we got twatted by a Boro team who could've been relegated that day. Tough to bear especially getting beat by the orcs in the play offs but it lead to KK in my opinion so was the dark before the dawn.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

We could've won the 2nd division if we won and Sheffield United and Leeds United didn't. Unlikely they'd both lose but if one had slipped and we won it was automatic promotion. Obviously both won and we got twatted by a Boro team who could've been relegated that day. Tough to bear especially getting beat by the orcs in the play offs but it lead to KK in my opinion so was the dark before the dawn.

Aye, I remember Boro needed the win to stay up so it was likely to be a tough match. 

1 minute ago, Howmanheyman said:

Yep. Like the time they beat us 2-1 under Gullit (pissing rain with Shearer benched) which directly triggered us getting Robson. 

I don't know how the mackem's have ever dared to have a persecution complex considering the decision making by the FA which led to them getting promoted that year btw, it was an utter farce. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Think we needed Sheff Utd to lose and us to win for us to finish 2nd & automatic promotion. Finished 3rd, Mackems put us out in semis, they got beat in final but still went up due to Swindon’s financial irregularities :cuppa:

Gary Bennett own goal in the final wasn’t it? 

• Like 1

Just now, Renton said:

Yep. Like the time they beat us 2-1 under Gullit (pissing rain with Shearer benched) which directly triggered us getting Robson. 

I don't know how the mackem's have ever dared to have a persecution complex considering the decision making by the FA which led to them getting promoted that year btw, it was an utter farce. 

I remember thinking at the time that if it had been a bigger club than Swindon they’d probably just have been fined 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Alex said:

I remember thinking at the time that if it had been a bigger club than Swindon they’d probably just have been fined 

The next year spurs blatantly broke the rules on tax and were fined 12 points but it was dropped on appeal. 

And don't get me started on the Scouse cunts and the Manc cunts getting away with Mascherano and Tevez by a nice little retrospective changing of the the rules. 

• Like 2

Love trips to Wembley. As a blue we normally get the side where the Green Man pub is. A few tinnys on the green patch of ground nearby, near a couple of offies. then if we have any tinnies left hide them in someones garden whilst we sneak in the back of the green man (unless we're early enough to make the main door). All easy for me as i live in south london.

48 minutes ago, Alex said:

Gary Bennett own goal in the final wasn’t it? 

7-0 dubbing at Wembley. (In off the black). 

*IT WAS A JOKE GOING AROUND THEN AND OBVIOUSLY NOT THESE DAYS* 

Chill your beans.

Girl Calm Down GIF by ailujulia

• Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Tom said:

:) 

Whwy it's actually 11 days inclusive the whinging manc cunts. 

I guess we are hoping for a close scoreline on the 16th so they've something to play for on the 23rd. :)

:lol: Imagine running an “agenda” account for a club that have without a shadow of doubt constantly received favor. Feeling hard done by as a Manchester United fan is like Elon Musk joining in a conversation about not having much in the bank before pay day, fucking ridiculous. Hopefully we see them pulling out the Norwich clobber and whinging again soon. 

When do these idiots expect the fixtures to be played? It’s like when Klopp whines on, if you’re in four competitions at this stage in the season you will be playing a lot of games and often that’s why not many teams are generally involved on this many fronts at this point. Fucking idiots. 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Howay said:

:lol: Imagine running an “agenda” account for a club that have without a shadow of doubt constantly received favor. Feeling hard done by as a Manchester United fan is like Elon Musk joining in a conversation about not having much in the bank before pay day, fucking ridiculous. Hopefully we see them pulling out the Norwich clobber and whinging again soon. 

When do these idiots expect the fixtures to be played? It’s like when Klopp whines on, if you’re in four competitions at this stage in the season you will be playing a lot of games and often that’s why not many teams are generally involved on this many fronts at this point. Fucking idiots. 

Maybe if they rotated their squads/found a way to win that is less intensive on their players, the squads wouldn't feel so threadbare come the business end of the season?

Maybe a little time wasting to slow the game and run down the clock? Maybe a touch of the dark arts to give your players a breather? Maybe making a full compliment of substitutes? 

• Haha 4