Where’s good to park in North London!?

Tom

They are canny sad mind, I just can’t imagine wanting to sit round and listen to people talk shite whilst NUFC chants spontaneously pop up in the background. 

The idea these people are more knowledgeable than the average fan is absurd & one of them is tory. 

No thanks. Just another way of cashing in on the fans. No better than the baldy “actor”.

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, Tom said:

They are canny sad mind, I just can’t imagine wanting to sit round and listen to people talk shite whilst NUFC chants spontaneously pop up in the background. 

The idea these people are more knowledgeable than the average fan is absurd & one of them is tory. 

No thanks. Just another way of cashing in on the fans. No better than the baldy “actor”.

precisely this, although I'd be willing to bet the vacuous, pouting hair preener who offers fuck all meaningful to the conversation is a tory too.

i didnt mind truefaith till hurst got his hands on it, now it's an abomination of adverts and self promotion. the shit they sell on there wouldn't look out of place amongst ashley's sports direct tat either.

michael martin used to write some decent enough editorials, always with a bit of a left wing leaning. then the cunt jumps in to bed with a fat tory pig who prostitutes himself out to the daily mail at every given opportunity.

shameful really.

• Like 2

Mick Martin is easily huffed on Twitter . He said there’s been no decent fan literature written from a “lads” perspective. Whilst he’s largely right, The Football Factory is mostly a study of working class London life and is a decent read. So is a book by a scouser called Nicky Alt about Liverpool supporters’ rampage across Europe from the late 70s right up to the 2005 European cup win. Both contain bits about various punch ups but neither are specifically about hooliganism. I told Mr Martin that if that’s all he took from them he needs to read them again. He seemed to object to this quite strongly :D 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tom said:

I think I’d rather go and see a Wraith talk-in. At least you’d get a laugh at the absurdity maybe. Not that I’d be parting with cash to go to either like 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Mick Martin is easily huffed on Twitter . He said there’s been no decent fan literature written from a “lads” perspective. Whilst he’s largely right, The Football Factory is mostly a study of working class London life and is a decent read. So is a book by a scouser called Nicky Alt about Liverpool supporters’ rampage across Europe from the late 70s right up to the 2005 European cup win. Both contain bits about various punch ups but neither are specifically about hooliganism. I told Mr Martin that if that’s all he took from them he needs to read them again. He seemed to object to this quite strongly :D 

Marabou Stork Nightmares is good. Also just reminded me of often being asked to ‘translate’ passages of Irvine Welsh by southerners 

• Like 2

Just now, Alex said:

Marabou Stork Nightmares is good. Also just reminded me of often being asked to ‘translate’ passages of Irvine Welsh by southerners 

A lot say it’s Welsh’s best novel . I prefer Trainspotting myself but as a portrait of late 80s hooly scene when everything changed from outright warfare to the peace & love of the dance scene it’s excellent :good: 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

It’s the forced middle class masquerading as football lad patter from the likes of Hurst that aggravates me the most. File it under posh boy Caulkin’s forced swearing

There’s probably a bigger question in there, what is a contemporary football lad? I’d wager most of them are coked up dickheads tbh

Hurst for all his crimes is just interminably dull both in his aesthetic & his character. The kind of bloke who’d get a hard on giving out disciplinarys to post grads trapped in call centres. 

I think there used to be things to talk about under the hell regime of Ashley but now we’ve won the battle, albeit falling on our sword ethically. 

Just enjoy the ride. We don’t have to listen to these dickheads. 

My only worry is how much weight their opinion carries and how many pies they’ve shoved their fat tory fingers in…

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Tom said:

My only worry is how much weight their opinion carries and how many pies they’ve shoved their fat tory fingers in…

Looking at this you’d imagine they might have quite a lot of clout, especially in respect of the cup final ticketing farrago…Hurst has a lot of questions to answer seeing as it appears the club went to him…. 

https://nufctrust.co.uk/meet-the-board/

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Marabou stork nightmares is a brutal read 

I thought I had read all Welsh's work ( I'm talking more than  a dozen novels, novellas, and short stories) but this has somehow passed me by! WIll order immediately. I think Trainspotting will always be the Daddy for me though. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

A lot say it’s Welsh’s best novel . I prefer Trainspotting myself but as a portrait of late 80s hooly scene when everything changed from outright warfare to the peace & love of the dance scene it’s excellent :good: 

I think both are great. MSN is definitely more experimental in parts and Gloom is spot on with his description too. I think he’s a genuinely great writer. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Looking at this you’d imagine they might have quite a lot of clout, especially in respect of the cup final ticketing farrago…Hurst has a lot of questions to answer seeing as it appears the club went to him…. 

Greg Tomlinson is canny tbh, used to post on here a bit I think.

The idea that the club don’t know what they’re doing with tickets is a little mad however :lol: 

5 minutes ago, Alex said:

I think both are great. MSN is definitely more experimental in parts and Gloom is spot on with his description too. I think he’s a genuinely great writer. 

He is but obviously he's ran out of ideas with his jetset life style now, like a once great band that descends into self parody. Still enjoy reading his stuff like, and Begbie's transformation into the blade artist was canny (if not entirely unbelievable). His description of neurosis and addicition, especially to alcohol, really resonate with me. 

Edited by Renton
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

That’s what bothers me most. These lot being seen by the club as speaking fir the fans. It’s obviously difficult to get the fan engagement spot on and it’s early days. But you get the feeling Hurst will have an eye on what he can get out of anything decided. The supporters trust were about as much use as a chocolate teapot when Ashley was here too. I realise it would’ve been hard to influence him but at least ask some difficult questions ffs. They can do one too 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Tom said:

The idea that the club don’t know what they’re doing with tickets is a little mad however :lol: 

The lad who runs the 1980-94 Facebook page Marc Corby gave me an explanation about the 25 point cut off so am thinking he’s either involved or close to those but as you say I’ve no reason to think any ill towards him, seems a proper good lad. Don’t know Greg, what was he called on here? 

Edited by PaddockLad

5 minutes ago, Tom said:

Despite what I just said Greg always comes across as a sound lad :lol: 

the problem re: tickets is you’ll have had a box office run on a shoestring for over a decade. The knock on is you don’t retain knowledge and expertise in a department because it’ll have been an underpaid, overworked and under appreciate area. A microcosm of the Ashley regime if you like