Where’s good to park in North London!?

Tom

7 minutes ago, Renton said:

He is but obviously he's ran out of ideas with his jetset life style now, like a once great band that descends into self parody. Still enjoy reading his stuff like, and Begbie's transformation into the blade artist was canny (if not entirely unbelievable). His description of neurosis and addicition, especially to alcohol, really resonate with me. 

I think Skagboys is the most recent thing I’ve read. He certainly still had it then but that was treading old ground. I’ve such a short commute / busy life with the little parasites these days I don’t read anything like enough any more. 

5 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

The lad who runs the 1980-94 Facebook page Marc Corby gave me an explanation about the 25 point cut off so am thinking he’s either involved or close to those but as you say I’ve no reason to think any ill towards him, seems a proper good lad. Don’t know Greg, what was he called on here? 

He was @Greg

but hasn’t posted since the takeover was originally kicking off, April 2020.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Renton said:

I thought I had read all Welsh's work ( I'm talking more than  a dozen novels, novellas, and short stories) but this has somehow passed me by! WIll order immediately. I think Trainspotting will always be the Daddy for me though. 

I don’t know why but it’s a one a lot of people seem to have missed. I think there was a lot of other stuff he released around then so maybe it got lost amongst that. Maybe the stream of consciousness of the dream sequences put people off. It’s ambitious but he carries it off imo 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Alex said:

Despite what I just said Greg always comes across as a sound lad :lol: 

the problem re: tickets is you’ll have had a box office run on a shoestring for over a decade. The knock on is you don’t retain knowledge and expertise in a department because it’ll have been an underpaid, overworked and under appreciate area. A microcosm of the Ashley regime if you like 

Yeh I imagine it’s been a nightmare all over the club, one of the first things Ashley did when we got relegated was turn the escalators off in the Milburn reception & that was illustrative for what was going to happen to the rest of the club for an awful long time. 

A lot of aspects of the club are still shocking I suppose but Rome wasn’t built In a day….

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Alex said:

I don’t know why but it’s a one a lot of people seem to have missed. I think there was a lot of other stuff he released around then so maybe it got lost amongst that. Maybe the stream of consciousness of the dream sequences put people off. It’s ambitious but he carries it off imo 

Brett Eastman Ellis did a stream of conciousness thing once which I think worked and I quite enjoyed. I've never been as well read as you but honestly have just about stopped altgother now. Partly because I read from a screen all day and I now need glasses for text but can't admit the fact. Partly because I'm just too tired at night once I sit down, usually by 10. And partly because honestly, a lot of books I have read just aren't much cop. I'll get MSN for my hols I think. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Renton said:

Brett Eastman Ellis did a stream of conciousness thing once which I think worked and I quite enjoyed. I've never been as well read as you but honestly have just about stopped altgother now. Partly because I read from a screen all day and I now need glasses for text but can't admit the fact. Partly because I'm just too tired at night once I sit down, usually by 10. And partly because honestly, a lot of books I have read just aren't much cop. I'll get MSN for my hols I think. 

Maybe don’t lend it to your kids though 👍🏻 ;);) 

1 hour ago, Tom said:

There’s probably a bigger question in there, what is a contemporary football lad? I’d wager most of them are coked up dickheads tbh

Hurst for all his crimes is just interminably dull both in his aesthetic & his character. The kind of bloke who’d get a hard on giving out disciplinarys to post grads trapped in call centres. 

I think there used to be things to talk about under the hell regime of Ashley but now we’ve won the battle, albeit falling on our sword ethically. 

Just enjoy the ride. We don’t have to listen to these dickheads. 

My only worry is how much weight their opinion carries and how many pies they’ve shoved their fat tory fingers in…

Maybe “football lad” was the wrong phrase but it’s certainly a pretty transparent co-opting of Twitter-based patter as a sales tactic, along with an absolutely brazen attempt at getting his know-nowt, dozy blonde mate wedged into the upper levels of the Trust out of absolutely nowhere. He’s basically Steve Wraith with a better t-shirt designer and, you’d hope, less racism

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

The lad who runs the 1980-94 Facebook page Marc Corby gave me an explanation about the 25 point cut off so am thinking he’s either involved or close to those but as you say I’ve no reason to think any ill towards him, seems a proper good lad. Don’t know Greg, what was he called on here? 

Always seemed a decent lad, spoke to him when the charity/own a stake thing was going on but he's came out with some Uber fan shit one time too many and there's a bit of self interest going regarding the tickets or a lack of concern as it doesn't affect large parts of the trust friendship group. Fuck them all for me now. I did make a comment with M Martin about the ST carry on early on but he said nobody advised nufc what to do about the criteria which isn't what the club implied. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Always seemed a decent lad, spoke to him when the charity/own a stake thing was going on but he's came out with some Uber fan shit one time too many and there's a bit of self interest going regarding the tickets or a lack of concern as it doesn't affect large parts of the trust friendship group. Fuck them all for me now. I did make a comment with M Martin about the ST carry on early on but he said nobody advised nufc what to do about the criteria which isn't what the club implied. 

I spent the vast majority of the 80s going to away games on monty's privately run naughty lads buses. 

I would trust every single one of the blokes that used to use them infinitely more than I would alex hurst and his truefaith/nust clique.   :lol:

Edited by thebrokendoll
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

That sounds like a “ooh not my fault guv” from Martin there like . They’ll all try to distance themselves from it. Given our small sample size here on TT  the fact there wasn’t even a section for yourself and Rents carry on about his young un who looks very much like on missing out on their first cup final then I think both nust and the club have some serious fuckin questions to answer. Am I right in saying you’ve not had as much as the courtesy of a “can’t please everyone” from either??

6 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

That sounds like a “ooh not my fault guv” from Martin there like . They’ll all try to distance themselves from it. Given our small sample size here on TT  the fact there wasn’t even a section for yourself and Rents carry on about his young un who looks very much like on missing out on their first cup final then I think both nust and the club have some serious fuckin questions to answer. Am I right in saying you’ve not had as much as the courtesy of a “can’t please everyone” from either??

More or less, didn't answer my loyalty points question regarding home games or even discuss it, said there was going to be feedback and a questionnaire to members but even the questions can be loaded which is what I've noticed in the past and your own viewpoint disappears in the mist. 

• Like 1

Is that not the muppet that organised that incredibly distasteful “divided by divisions, United by cancer” banner to fly over the SOL? 

Definitely rings a bell…

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

The Express having a pop at a ‘conspiracy theory’ is different level like 

Also the copious amounts of 'united' in there and the lack of detail into the last time he reffed us at Chelsea and was atrocious missing a havertz elbow and the blatant pen with Murphy was it? Fuck off express. 

• Like 6