How about a nice set of draws, pet v The gnashing walls of perpetual whining and phlegm, la.

trophyshy

2 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

If we can beat them with James Perch marking Suarez, I’m sure we can give them a go here

That was James Perch 2.0 a.k.a. Perchinho.

Also, it was Perch who got headbutted by Reina, getting the Spaniard sent off and replaced in goals by another Spaniard and ex our best Premier League left back ever - Jose Enrique.

Perch is apparently still playing....in League Two. Shudder to think what version he is now.

1 hour ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Is there though? I don't think we'll win the cup or qualify for CL. I want us too but I am fairly content that we will definitely win things going forward and be regular CL qualifiers. This season everything is a bonus.

It's a good point you've made. At this point it's not like we'll be expecting to be waiting another 20+ years for our next chance at silverware. At least I fucking hope we aren't. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

If we win this on Saturday I think there’s a good chance we will finish 4th. It’ll largely kill any hopes these have got and spurs best midfielders are all injured . Chelsea may click and go on a run but that’s unlikely without a striker. Fulham & Brighton are going well but are too inconsistent . The next 10 days make or break our season tbh :cuppa: 

I'm inclined to agree with this. :good:

21 minutes ago, Alex said:

Despite not being at all arsed what happens (which is definitely true because I’ve told myself that) my body seems to be telling me something different. Varying from a mild case of butterflies in the stomach to absolutely bricking it about the next two games - especially the league cup final - and everything in between. 

I'm not worried about these two games, not that much. Not really. :lol: (Shit if we don't do well in either, obviously the final more so but the fact it would be them cunts rubbing our noses in it next weekend would be a bit of a killer).

videoblocks-disappointed-businessman-in-

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, OTF said:

That was James Perch 2.0 a.k.a. Perchinho.

Also, it was Perch who got headbutted by Reina, getting the Spaniard sent off and replaced in goals by another Spaniard and ex our best Premier League left back ever - Jose Enrique.

Perch is apparently still playing....in League Two. Shudder to think what version he is now.

We only got one good PL season out of Enrique so that’s a no from me. 

Plus he arse-licks Liverpool and pretends he never played for us. I expect that’ll change in the coming years but he can get tae fuckin fuck if he pulls that shit 

• Like 2

Think we'll get a result against Liverpool. Everton didn't pose much of a problem for them, but that's more to do with Everton, than Liverpool. They still give up a lot of chances, and concede quite a lot from those chances. They create a lot of chances, but underperform in terms of putting away those chances. 

We don't give up many chances and concede fewer than you'd expect.

I think, somewhat paradoxically bearing in mind the recent general consensus on this board, that Maxi could be key to the next two games. If we state as a generally accepted opinion that Arran Wan Basaka and Trent Alexander Arnold are both double barrelled parcels of shit when it comes to actually defending at right back for their respective clubs then having a speedy yet mercurial Frenchman running at them for say 70mins  may possibly be very effective :good:

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Think we'll get a result against Liverpool. Everton didn't pose much of a problem for them, but that's more to do with Everton, than Liverpool. They still give up a lot of chances, and concede quite a lot from those chances. They create a lot of chances, but underperform in terms of putting away those chances. 

We don't give up many chances and concede fewer than you'd expect.

xG by stealth.

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

I think, somewhat paradoxically bearing in mind the recent general consensus on this board, that Maxi could be key to the next two games. If we state as a generally accepted opinion that Arran Wan Basaka and Trent Alexander Arnold are both double barrelled parcels of shit when it comes to actually defending at right back for their respective clubs then having a speedy yet mercurial Frenchman running at them for say 70mins  may possibly be very effective :good:

Run of games does most players the world of good tbf. Think the final would be his fifth off the belt? 

• Like 1

If it was one of the other, what would people prefer - beat Liverpool tomorrow but lose the cup final or slip up against the Scousers and come home with silverware next week? 

Of course it's a massive case of 'why not both' but if I had to choose, it'll be the Cup Final for me. We need to get that first bit of silverware IMO. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Craig said:

If it was one of the other, what would people prefer - beat Liverpool tomorrow but lose the cup final or slip up against the Scousers and come home with silverware next week? 

Of course it's a massive case of 'why not both' but if I had to choose, it'll be the Cup Final for me. We need to get that first bit of silverware IMO. 

Cup Final 100%. Losing one game against the Scousers wouldn't mean we definitely missed out on top 4, and even if it did... it's a fucking Cup!

• Like 2

Cup for me too, although a loss to the scouse bastards could only be tempered if, after the game, when they are all on their inhalers to treat their team wide "asthma" it's discovered someone had sadly mixed the inhalers up with cyanide.

• Haha 3

Win the cup without a doubt is the priority. If we win silverware then from my perspective that makes the season a success pretty well regardless of what happens in the league for the rest of it.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Cup for me too, although a loss to the scouse bastards could only be tempered if, after the game, when they are all on their inhalers to treat their team wide "asthma" it's discovered someone had sadly mixed the inhalers up with cyanide.

Mebee air freshener for Herr Klopp.

1 hour ago, Craig said:

WTF. That’s like asking if you’d rather get 4 numbers on the lottery or land the Euromillions jackpot. With bonus ball.

• Haha 2

If we'd already won the cup then fine but that's a big ask the way Man Utd are playing (unless someone levels Rashford between now and next Sunday).  I think if we lose to the Dippers tomorrow then that'll be the end of our Champions League aspirations given they're currently 9 points behind us with a game in hand.

So I'm going to go against the grain and choose a win tomorrow. Then after that game, I'm going to delete this post and be all-in on the cup!

Edit: Plus John Barnes thinks Liverpool can get a win, the dopey fat cunt, so there's that.

Edited by MrBass
Fatboy Barnes addendum
  • Thanks 1

Cup for me although would be nice to do them both. In Surrey we have supporters of both these teams not many originally from the N.W. I fucking hate both sides and most of the glory hunting people supporting them. To be fair a couple of lads I know follow us with no connection to the N.E. A couple of blokes who go in the football club who follow M.U. and Liverpool are ok as well.

7 hours ago, Alex said:

We only got one good PL season out of Enrique so that’s a no from me. 

Played more than 3 times the premier league games for us than Woodgate. We got Jose's best seasons as his injury problems took hold at Liverpool.

Who has been a better left back for us? Enrique's speed and acceleration in his prime were what made him so good defensively especially combined with the confidence he got from season in the championship where he was so dominant. He was able to get forward really well combining with Jonas ahead and the ability to play it out from the back with Colo was something we'd not had the luxury of prior.

Plus he posted a fantastic tweet about an away game in Birmingham that was something like:

"In Brimignham to many snow!!!!!!!!!!!"

• Haha 1