How about a nice set of draws, pet v The gnashing walls of perpetual whining and phlegm, la.

trophyshy

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Jamie Redknapp was saying he thinks a) there were defenders there, and b) if that's an outfield player it's a yellow, so why a red for a keeper. 

I almost felt a bit bad for calling his dad a scrotum face. 

It's true though.  He looks like he's been apple bobbing in a chip pan. 

• Haha 2

Thought we put a shift in got caught cold for the goals but after the sending off we created some good chances and only ran out of steam in injury time knowing the game was up. Oh well Pope will be kicking himself and roll on next week.

5 minutes ago, Renton said:

Coming back from the match now. Twenty five catastrophic minutes. The only positive is that things didn't get worse following Pope's dismissal. I've reluctantly been dragged back to reality now, no expectations of silverware or CL football next year. In a way its a relief. I was getting way too stressed. Not now though.

I thought we were brilliant today. Liverpool scored two goals, the sending off was unfortunate and we should have scored at least 2-3. Disappointing game but CL is still in our hands and Bruno is back for the final. 

image.gif.55df5e7b2544b86f09be648bd24fc8f7.gif

Just rewatched the red card, it will be a hard task to get it overturned. There was only one player goal side, so if it was the last defender who handled there with just the keeper left I still think it would be given as a red. If Pope didn't instinctively cup his hand around the ball it still would have hit his outstretched arm (in a natural position). No hope for Pope :(

In Karius we trust.

Edited by OTF

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I thought we were brilliant today. Liverpool scored two goals, the sending off was unfortunate and we should have scored at least 2-3. Disappointing game but CL is still in our hands and Bruno is back for the final. 

image.gif.55df5e7b2544b86f09be648bd24fc8f7.gif

I thought we'd win today. And yeah, we played very well with 10 men. I would have been more confident with Drubavka next week, but know nowt about our third choice keeper. Regardless, we've ran out of steam. I don't think top 4 is happening now. But if it does, that's now a massive bonus for me. :nufc:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Surreymag said:

An appeal will not save him he handled the ball outside the box that is a deliberate action and a red card is issued. I have just looked it up.

He’s probably get a longer ban (for a spurious appeal) 

48 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

It's true though.  He looks like he's been apple bobbing in a chip pan. 

He was quite handsome before almost being killed in a car crash. You CUNT!!!

;)

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Surreymag said:

An appeal will not save him he handled the ball outside the box that is a deliberate action and a red card is issued. I have just looked it up.

If it's deliberate and prevents an obvious goal scoring opportunity. The latter is the only part in contention, however upon my own follow up review it's a tenuous argument, if it goes straight off Pope's head to Salah and he takes the shot immediately our defender may not have been able to cover it in time due to the angle.

3 minutes ago, Alex said:

He’s probably get a longer ban (for a spurious appeal) 

Frivilous is the word they use, if we have any sort of case I don't think it should be considered frivilous.

Looking at the rules below it’s not as cut and dry as some are making it seem. The argument would hinge on was it denial of a goal scoring opportunity it seems like, and given Salah was quite a way out still, there was a defender closer to goal and another right next to him, I don’t think it would be a frivolous appeal. We were involved in an incident at one point where the ref didn’t give a red as there was a defender further back but absolutely miles away (to the point he’d not have interfered with play) albeit I can’t remember the exact game but I do think the fact they were a long way out and the position of our defenders helps. 

61660F21-6661-405F-BF70-5E650F54C25B.jpeg

0761A563-FA02-4A95-B75B-E44B2936E080.jpeg

40 minutes ago, Surreymag said:

it’s a stupid rule as there were two covering defenders but yup. The ref had no choice 

13 minutes ago, ewerk said:

A black cloud? You truly were destined to follow Newcastle United.

Yeah, I'm from Minnesota. If there is a more cursed combination of sports supporting, I have yet to find it.

On 17/02/2023 at 08:15, Alex said:

Plus he arse-licks Liverpool and pretends he never played for us. I expect that’ll change in the coming years but he can get tae fuckin fuck if he pulls that shit 

Aye, the blokes a prick. He was at it again today:

Absolute sniffer. Going to watch the match at Wembley apparently, the club should block his ticket when he tries to get in. 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 4