How about a nice set of draws, pet v The gnashing walls of perpetual whining and phlegm, la.

trophyshy

42 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Of all the times for old Newcastle United to pop its fucking head up. We might be cursed 

Old Newcastle we lose that 6 nil. It was two total brain farts from us and a mix of two superb passes / play by them cunts. 

I was wondering. Yesterday for a large group of the players it must / could have been difficult and draining because of the news about Atsu.

This morning after the emotions have settled, whilst I am gutted at a loss,im still proud how we battled. We still looked like we could grab a goal and get back in it. 

Like I said. Only our second loss in the league all season and our first loss at SJP. How many of us would have thought we would be saying that in Feb this season? 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, OTF said:

If it's deliberate and prevents an obvious goal scoring opportunity. The latter is the only part in contention, however upon my own follow up review it's a tenuous argument, if it goes straight off Pope's head to Salah and he takes the shot immediately our defender may not have been able to cover it in time due to the angle.

3C0D8055-AC80-4755-BE1E-F8D52C0A76A0.jpeg.bfecee441674f290f4651a8c7121f2c7.jpeg

6 hours ago, Howay said:

Aye, the blokes a prick. He was at it again today:

Absolute sniffer. Going to watch the match at Wembley apparently, the club should block his ticket when he tries to get in. 

I can totally understand why he went there at that time.  But the way he goes on, man. It was a pretty shit move for him and Liverpool as he did very little there and was injured most of the time. The wanker seems to think he’s a club legend. 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Howay said:

Aye, the blokes a prick. He was at it again today:

Absolute sniffer. Going to watch the match at Wembley apparently, the club should block his ticket when he tries to get in. 

I'm reading that completely differently tbh. Didn't he once have to go in nets for us ? The post is in relation to that, and I think the "get in" is more get in nets as opposed to a happy "get in", his reaction is to the thought of it.

Or maybe I'm being to generous to the Spanish Judas Scouse cunt.

How’s everyone feeling today? I’m still smarting at the loss, a sense of injustice over the red card but in a weird way it’s great to feel gloomy about it. A home defeat to Liverpool would have been met by a shrug of the shoulders a couple of years back - it was just what we did. And we would have rolled over in years gone by and lost that game by 5 or 6.

So it’s mixed emotions. It’s good to be genuinely disappointed by a loss again but I’m also proud of the team and they way they continued to try and get back into the game. I think Eddie will try and take the positives out of that performance into Sunday. I hope they go out and enjoy the cup final and play without fear. If they do that, anything can happen. 

The one sickener is Pope missing the final. He doesn’t deserve that 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

I'm reading that completely differently tbh. Didn't he once have to go in nets for us ? The post is in relation to that, and I think the "get in" is more get in nets as opposed to a happy "get in", his reaction is to the thought of it.

Or maybe I'm being to generous to the Spanish Judas Scouse cunt.

didn’t he go in net for Liverpool when they were down to 10 men against us once? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RobinRobin said:

He was an idiot and Trips was pretty much at fault for both goals IMHO but both have plenty of credit in the bank. Don't want it to continue in that fashion. 

Aye, and Trips was also partially at fault for the previous two goals we conceded at the back stick. Not that the ball should ever get that far mind but he's been caught wrestling with his man on two occasions there.

I'm not slating Trips here btw, he's certainly contributed more to our wins than our losses, just thought I'd mention it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

didn’t he go in net for Liverpool when they were down to 10 men against us once? 

Could be, I know he went in nets once, my old brain gets a bit mixed up!!

Still think he was laughing about that and not at us.

8 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

How’s everyone feeling today? I’m still smarting at the loss, a sense of injustice over the red card but in a weird way it’s great to feel gloomy about it. A home defeat to Liverpool would have been met by a shrug of the shoulders a couple of years back - it was just what we did. And we would have rolled over in years gone by and lost that game by 5 or 6.

So it’s mixed emotions. It’s good to be genuinely disappointed by a loss again but I’m also proud of the team and they way they continued to try and get back into the game. I think Eddie will try and take the positives out of that performance into Sunday. I hope they go out and enjoy the cup final and play without fear. If they do that, anything can happen. 

Pissed off.

Sick of the lack of wins, sick at losing Pope, sick of that “typical Newcastle” feeling I’ve got.

Yes I understand where we were and all that stuff, but still pissed off that we haven’t been able to keep it going and cement ourselves in the top four.

Hopefully we can reset a week today.

11 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Very similar feelings.

I know a few bin dippers and their messages of 'told you we would beat you' etc are just totally ignoring how they didn't really offer fuck all threat at all.  I also had several messages from Dirty Leeds fans and my in laws to say how Newcastle arses have dropped out and we're in free fall blah blah.  Concentrate on not get relegated eh lads?

It's clear how much of a rock Bruno is.  However the speed we started that team yesterday was great and we still carried a bigger threat going forward than Liverpool IMO.  It was just some final decision making or poor efforts that was the difference.  The way the LFC TV, sorry Sky Sports went on you would have thought they had just nailed Real 5-0.  Fuck em anyways.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Pissed off.

Sick of the lack of wins, sick at losing Pope, sick of that “typical Newcastle” feeling I’ve got.

Yes I understand where we were and all that stuff, but still pissed off that we haven’t been able to keep it going and cement ourselves in the top four.

Hopefully we can reset a week today.

Teams go through sticky patches.  We have lost one, just ONE in our sticky patch.  If thats the only loss, then lets have it.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

You talk shite with such a knowledgeable authoritarian tone. Hat doffed.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

How the fuck is this CUNT Carragher allowed to commentate on these? 

Don't worry Wykiki, he won't be commentating on us us next week, that'll be Tyler and GARY NEVILLE for the cup final v MANCHESTER UNITED. It's in the Sky rule book. Carragher does Liverpool, Neville Man U and when they play each other you get both in case either club's set of arsehole fans in the south of England and the Midlands get upset. :good: 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Teams go through sticky patches.  We have lost one, just ONE in our sticky patch.  If thats the only loss, then lets have it.

there were signs yesterday that we were coming back into form. maxi finding some form is a a masssive boost ahead of the cup final. i think he'll be up for it next week  - as he often is against the top clubs - and has to start on yesterday's evidence.

though it wouldn't surprise me if how picks willock again, if fit, moves joe back out wide and drops maxi 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

He does though. I haven't yet watched the highlights but it was at least the third ocassion he had to come that far out his box and the outcome was almost inevitable eventually. For all our attacking flair in the opening 15 minutes, our defending was suicidal. If we do this agains ManU we will get the same result. Howe has to take some blame here. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

He does though. I haven't yet watched the highlights but it was at least the third ocassion he had to come that far out his box and the outcome was almost inevitable eventually. For all our attacking flair in the opening 15 minutes, our defending was suicidal. If we do this agains ManU we will get the same result. Howe has to take some blame here. 

i dunno. it was a moment of madness and we had two covering defenders. i know that by the letter of the law he has to go but missing the final seems incredibly harsh. i'm obviously viewing it with me black and white specs on but he's a good bloke and there was no malice in it. he just instinctively handled the ball after going over. i don't think he it was intentional, if that makes sense. more like muscle memory in a moment of panic.  

Btw, what did the match sound and look like on Sky? Because the speaker system ws compeletely fucked and spoilt the Bobby Robson tribute to some extent, and then they have introduced this drone camera thingy. It's on 4 wires from the corners and I initially at least found it incredibly distracting, especially as I had a wire directly in my line of sight.. You can see the wires below (the camera is about the size of a child, but blend into the background here, but very noticeable IRL). Seems to me another thing to fuck off match going fans to give those at home a better "experience". Bah, humbug. 

image.png.0998730acef7e4f1409a6ade59c7890f.png

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

i dunno. it was a moment of madness and we had two covering defenders. i know that by the letter of the law he has to go but missing the final seems incredibly harsh. i'm obviously viewing it with me black and white specs on but he's a good bloke and there was no malice in it. he just instinctively handled the ball after going over. i don't think he it was intentional, if that makes sense. more like muscle memory in a moment of panic.  

But the way we were playing made it inevitable.Harsh on the individual of course, but he had zero complaints iirc. Him and Howe knoew the rules before the game. We would be demanding a red card if the situation were reversed. I dunno, we were reckless when there was no need, Howe's first major tactical blunder for me. I think the lack of goals is getting to him, he needed to be more patient. 

5 minutes ago, Renton said:

Btw, what did the match sound and look like on Sky? Because the speaker system ws compeletely fucked and spoilt the Bobby Robson tribute to some extent, and then they have introduced this drone camera thingy. It's on 4 wires from the corners and I initially at least found it incredibly distracting, especially as I had a wire directly in my line of sight.. You can see the wires below (the camera is about the size of a child, but blend into the background here, but very noticeable IRL). Seems to me another thing to fuck off match going fans to give those at home a better "experience". Bah, humbug. 

image.png.0998730acef7e4f1409a6ade59c7890f.png

When they announced the Atsu thing you could hear it was fucked and some of the players looked confused. 

24 minutes ago, Renton said:

But the way we were playing made it inevitable.Harsh on the individual of course, but he had zero complaints iirc. Him and Howe knoew the rules before the game. We would be demanding a red card if the situation were reversed. I dunno, we were reckless when there was no need, Howe's first major tactical blunder for me. I think the lack of goals is getting to him, he needed to be more patient. 

I wouldn’t call Pope catching the ball outside the box an inevitable consequence of having a sweeper keeper like. 

25 minutes ago, Renton said:

yeah, has to be a red card by the letter of the law. It’s a stupid rule though if you ask me.