How about a nice set of draws, pet v The gnashing walls of perpetual whining and phlegm, la.

trophyshy

7 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Liverpool win their game in hand and it's looking like a fight between us Brighton and Fulham for 6th place. Let's hope Chelsea don't get a competent manager anytime soon 

If Liverpool win their game in hand aren’t they still 3 points behind us? 6th is the absolute lowest we will finish.

47 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

If Liverpool win their game in hand aren’t they still 3 points behind us? 6th is the absolute lowest we will finish.

Aye, but we haven't been able to buy a win for 6 games so unless we sort our shit out they will be waving at us on the way past in 2 games time 

We sort of started the season like this, after we beat forest on the opening day we drew 5 and lost to Liverpool before we got our shit together.

The only thing interrupting that run was a win in the league cup, which sounds alright.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Bruno coming back will sort it.

He holds our defence / midfield in place also very noticeable how much better Trippier/Almiron play  when he's involved, Isak / ASM should benefit as well

7 minutes ago, MrBass said:

Stupid pointless hypothetical question time. Who would take a 0-0 at the end of extra time in the final if it was offered right now?

No fucking chance. The only thing I'd be confident in that situation would be my own impending myocardial infarction. 

• Haha 10

8 hours ago, Howay said:

I called him a tosser the same as I, and many, do when we see people taking the piss out our club. People made up some story about how he was actually having a laugh at his own expense, I corrected them, and now you’re basically explaining why anyone shouldn’t ever be bothered about football rivalries. I expect you’ll be posting less about mackems since they’re just lads who grew up supporting their local club having a laugh about us? Weird argument to me but fair one, I still think Enrique is a bellend, same as I think Carragher, Neville, Bellamy, Dyer, etc are. 

You're going off the deep end mate. The joke someone else made was at our expense - and fair enough if another teams keeper did what Pope did, we'd be taking the piss too. Enrique responded to that with a joke that IMO mostly takes the piss out of him and he has further explained why he considers himself a Liverpool supporter first and Newcastle second. Can't see any problem with that. When Enrique played for us he always gave his all. If Ashley didn’t delay in giving him a new contract chances are he never would have gone to Liverpool. Even if you want to be bitter about it (why?) the sticking point is we definitely had his best years.

3 hours ago, Rayvin said:

Bruno coming back will sort it.

I just hope that he comes back and plays his natural game and doesn't feel like he suddenly has to do everything to make up for being out.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MrBass said:

Stupid pointless hypothetical question time. Who would take a 0-0 at the end of extra time in the final if it was offered right now?

If you could guarantee our penalty takers choose a spot then blast it rather than the 2 step shuffle which makes you look a cunt when you miss......then i might take a 0-0 

1 hour ago, OTF said:

You're going off the deep end mate. The joke someone else made was at our expense - and fair enough if another teams keeper did what Pope did, we'd be taking the piss too. Enrique responded to that with a joke that IMO mostly takes the piss out of him and he has further explained why he considers himself a Liverpool supporter first and Newcastle second. Can't see any problem with that. When Enrique played for us he always gave his all. If Ashley didn’t delay in giving him a new contract chances are he never would have gone to Liverpool. Even if you want to be bitter about it (why?) the sticking point is we definitely had his best years.

Nah not at all, just calling a bloke a nob that takes the piss out of NUFC. How’s that any different to when people call Simon Jordon, Agbonlahor, Dyer, etc for comments? I’m not arsed in the slightest that he likes Liverpool, or why he likes them, to me he’s just another ex-footballer taking the piss out of Newcastle so fuck him. I’m not bothered about his time at NUFC, he was a decent albeit uneventful player here for a short time during one of the worst times to follow the club. My post showing the litany of posts he made about the match wasn’t because I’m bothered who he supports, it was me showing he clearly was taking the piss out of us. 

To me he’s the same as the ex players I mentioned that have spent the years since leaving us being bellends, so I’ve pointed to him being a twat again yesterday to a post from Alex where he was mentioning him doing it before. I find you lot to have ‘went off the deep end’ more by defending him to such an extent where it’s basically gate keeping who people can call a twat. 

Noted that whenever anyone in future takes the piss out of NUFC that you and Renton won’t be arsed in the slightest and will in fact be upset if anyone thinks that person is a bellend.  Anyway this is the last post I’ll make on the bell whiff, personally I’ve no time for ex players like him who take the piss out of the club but to each their own. 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 3

I think with days like yesterday, whatever our feelings on it, it's worth remembering that we're going to get the last laugh on this and every other score that needs settling over the coming years.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Aye, but we haven't been able to buy a win for 6 games so unless we sort our shit out they will be waving at us on the way past in 2 games time 

We've won 2 of the last 6, won 4 of the last 8 games. 

After the League Cup Final, we've got Man City away, which will be rough, but then Wolves and Forrest which should be winnable games. We'll have Pope and Bruno back in the team.

Liverpool were second best against 10 men for 70 minutes. I could easily see them dropping points, especially with their commitments in the CL. 

• Like 1

Somewhat amused at some of the comments suggesting Pope's red card was harsh. It absolutely wasn't. He went to head the ball, stumbled and as he fell his forearms cupped around the ball. Whether it was muscle memory or not, it was a deliberate act to prevent Salah getting to the ball from which he'd most likely have scored. Absolutely the correct call to send him off. It's cruel as fuck man, but it is what it is. 

As for ASM, he was indeed our best player but that's the first time he's properly turned it on since the Man City game - that was 6 months ago today! Before that the game he made the most signifcant impact was Everton at home which was over a year ago. He reminds me a bit of Sissoko in that he'll turn up for a big game and then go missing in others. Undoubtedly mercurial when he's on his game but it just doesn't happen enough for me. If Willock is fit for Wembley, he starts for me. 

1 minute ago, MrBass said:

So, to clarify, you acknowledge that ASM will turn up for a big game yet you'd have him on the bench for this upcoming biggest of big games? :lol:

:lol:I get the point you're making but correct. The emphasis was more on the fact he turns up once every six months so yep, I'd give Willock the start. :smile:

13 minutes ago, MrBass said:

So, to clarify, you acknowledge that ASM will turn up for a big game yet you'd have him on the bench for this upcoming biggest of big games? :lol:

Brian Orakpo GIF by The Roku Channel

• Haha 1

• 9 months later...
2 hours ago, fank313 said:

I was seething with frustration following Pope's red card. My phone was inundated with messages from frustrated fans, and I feared we might face further setbacks. However, after a shaky recovery, we managed to endure the onslaught.

In the second half, we clearly dominated, and the team displayed resilience, delivering some commendable performances. Maxi shone brightly, but I must applaud Longy as well for his tight football and ball-winning prowess. Despite the loss, my outlook on the game significantly improved by the final whistle.

who the fuck is this cunt?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, fank313 said:

I was seething with frustration following Pope's red card. My phone was inundated with messages from frustrated fans, and I feared we might face further setbacks. However, after a shaky recovery, we managed to endure the onslaught.

In the second half, we clearly dominated, and the team displayed resilience, delivering some commendable performances. Maxi shone brightly, but I must applaud Longy as well for his tight football and ball-winning prowess. Despite the loss, my outlook on the game significantly improved by the final whistle.

Fanks