Wor Eddie's Fuck The Draw Bastards v Eriks Schmoking the Pancake School Meal Wankers - AKA The League Cup Final + Gemmill Loves Excel

wykikitoon

Canny gutted I'm 52 years of age now and haven't seen us score in a Wembley final. Alright we scored in 76 but I don't remember that at all. Was there in 2000 when we scored against Chelsea in the semi before that cunt Poyet spoiled it. We were the better team then as well. 

Put it off, I'm not watching that lot celebrate. 

I thought we were good tbf. Game played out as I feared it would. We were toothless in attack and they took their chances. 

We were much the better side though, and whilst that doesn't matter when you lose a cup final, it matters for the rest of the season. 

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

Put it off, I'm not watching that lot celebrate. 

I thought we were good tbf. Game played out as I feared it would. We were toothless in attack and they took their chances. 

We were much the better side though, and whilst that doesn't matter when you lose a cup final, it matters for the rest of the season. 

Urghh, sir Les just said they deserved it. Did they fuck. 

At least we gave it a go this time and were arguably the better side. 

A goal from a free kick that wasn’t a free kick and another from a deflection. 

Our boys can hold their heads high. 

• Like 2

I'm not as disappointed as I thought I might be. I think that's down to our recent form (and theirs) tempering my expectations.

Can't take anything away from the lads for their effort, just couldn't take advantage of that effort where it counted which has been the story for several weeks now.

A suspect free-kick, suspect defense for us from that free-kick and suspect offside decision on that free-kick and once we were behind we were chasing. The second goal.is down to noone picking up the run of a very inform forward and then a huge piece of luck turning an off-target shot into a goal.

Howe will be reflective about this, there's so much value in the whole event given our trajectory. This isn't some one off only chance but part of our transition.

The relief now hopefully comes with somr weight lifted off our shoulders for the remainder of the season.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Neville:

Newcastle = dark arts

Man U = streetwise 

Fuck off

:lol: Aye, they basically used cynical fouls as their defence the entire first half and the ref didn’t do a single thing to stop it. They spent a large part of the second time wasting, it’ll of course all go unmentioned. 

Story of a lot of the games we’ve had this season we were decent and controlled stretches of play but we just lack quality. We’re a work in progress and today hurts but honestly that lot are nothing whatsoever to fear. 

• Like 1

We were ok, all the usual issues of not being able to score coming into it though. Not yet the finished article, and I guess to win things, you need to be closer to it than we are.

At least they made a good game of it.

7 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Get in Schar. Love a bit of argy bargy and Schar sticking up for his teammates. 

He's Swiss, but otherwise wholly agree 😁

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Andrew said:

We've two more games before Popes back right?

Karius has done well enough

Did very well given the circumstances having not played a competitive game for so long.

• Like 1