Pep's not plastic club from Manchester versus Eddie's wounded League Cup xG winners (+ Fish)

Toonpack

Gordon and Isak in for Miggy and Wilson. I know Maxi had zero end product again but he was still the only one who was trying to make something happen, he deserves another chance.

There's no pressure on us now really. Spurs will be favorties for 4th. City will not setup defensively at home. Let the lads have a good crack, try to score a goal or two and play fearlessly. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, aimaad22 said:

Gordon and Isak in for Miggy and Wilson. I know Maxi had zero end product again but he was still the only one who was trying to make something happen, he deserves another chance.

There's no pressure on us now really. Spurs will be favorties for 4th. City will not setup defensively at home. Let the lads have a good crack, try to score a goal or two and play fearlessly. 

I'd go with that as well........and possibly if/ when fully fit play Targett at LB as I think it'll bring the best out of ASM,Burn has done a fantastic job but I dont think he plays well with ASM who needs a trippier type player who gets forward a bit more

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Just realised my names been dragged into this. 

I want no part of this 0-2 loss.

Is that goals or xG ?

p.s. we're away so our score should come second, that's how actual goals are usually noted or is this some new "trendy" way to show the score I may have missed out on.

11 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Is that goals or xG ?

p.s. we're away so our score should come second, that's how actual goals are usually noted or is this some new "trendy" way to show the score I may have missed out on.

Not trendy, it's just that for me, Newcastle comes first.

Colin Jost Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Miggy won't be dropped for this IMO, but Eddie may want to bring in Gordon and/or Willock depending on how they are training. ASM had one of his best games ever (attack wise) against Man City last time, he'll be keen to repeat that and is in solid form. Wilson definitely needs a rest. Is it risky playing Joelinton when his next yellow sees him miss two games (against Wolves and Forest?) We'd definitely miss him here....

10 hours ago, OTF said:

Miggy won't be dropped for this IMO, but Eddie may want to bring in Gordon and/or Willock depending on how they are training. ASM had one of his best games ever (attack wise) against Man City last time, he'll be keen to repeat that and is in solid form. Wilson definitely needs a rest. Is it risky playing Joelinton when his next yellow sees him miss two games (against Wolves and Forest?) We'd definitely miss him here....

Good point about Joelinton. I'd give him a rest off the back of that and play Willock-Bruno-Longy with Gordon on left hand side. Playing ASM would be ballsy when we won't have a lot of the ball. Might even be worth playing him up top although I'd prefer to give Isak a start.

13 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Playing ASM would be ballsy when we won't have a lot of the ball. 

I think it's exactly the sort of game where you want him hanging round the half way line as an outlet. Though then again Isak performing in that role isn't exactly short of pace either.

• Like 1

Just now, ewerk said:

I think it's exactly the sort of game where you want him hanging round the half way line as an outlet. Though then again Isak performing in that role isn't exactly short of pace either.

Yeah, I meant on left wing as I don't think he'll track back like Gordon. I think Maxi got pelters off Shearer when he didn't track runs at Ethiad (last year?) 

Yeah, defensively you know that's going to be the situation which is where you need the likes of Joelinton or Willock on the left hand side of midfield to fill in for him. It's the sort of trade off you have to make with a player like ASM.

• Like 1