Pep's not plastic club from Manchester versus Eddie's wounded League Cup xG winners (+ Fish)

Toonpack

just a quick one as got to get to the shops before the game today.

hope you guys enjoy the day but not the result.

have to be selfish on this one as we need to win stay in touching distance of arsenal (who i think will win the league with a tidy gap btw)

slightly worried that you may be a wounded animal after the cup final. the thing that does for us is pressing and quick counters. quick players. putting it in the mixer can do it too.

i heard this week that fat sam could have been our manager around the time we got sven, i think he went to you instead. how different could the world have been....

Got a funny feeling we might nick a draw or maybe even a narrow win here. Pressure off, no one expects us to win, pressure on Man City to win in the early kick off. If we play Isak, ASM and Gordon I can see us pinching a result. Going for 1-1.

Watch them spank us four or five nowt now 😬

• Haha 3

Three defeats in a rowah, marra. Think we'll get a chasing today then it'll be 14 cup finals to make sure we get European football and a justified claim for the better income streams that are due in with the league placing. 

Nothing but pessimism for this one. Too many players off the boil and no sign that Howe (as yet) is willing to mix things up to try and find another winning formula.

Ideally I’d like to see a few changes and Target, Isak and Gordon in from the start.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Nothing but pessimism for this one. Too many players off the boil and no sign that Howe (as yet) is willing to mix things up to try and find another winning formula.

Ideally I’d like to see a few changes and Target, Isak and Gordon in from the start.

I’d like to see Targett start again soon but he surely isn’t fit yet? He hasn’t been seen off the bench yet 

5 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

I want Eddie’s high press shithousing Mags back. We haven’t really played with any real intensity for fuckin months :cuppa:

i think it’s the lack of squad depth/rotation coming back to haunt us. The players are knackered and can’t keep that pressing intensity up  

• Like 1

I want to see Targett back but I think it might be a mistake to hoy him back in at Man City away.

I see no reason to persist with Wilson though. No point having competition for places if you don't drop players when they're underperforming.

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I want to see Targett back but I think it might be a mistake to hoy him back in at Man City away.

I see no reason to persist with Wilson though. No point having competition for places if you don't drop players when they're underperforming.

100% - we have a £60m record signing waiting for his chance. Isak has looked much livelier than Wilson since the World Cup and deserves a run in the side   

• Like 2

If its a step in the direction of us recognising that we have a squad that needs to be rotated, fine. But it does seem harsh on ASM and incredibly generous to Wilson who was frankly dogshit at Wembley. 

5 minutes ago, Alex said:

Think it’s a bit harsh on ASM like 

agreed. I get why he’s dropped him but he had his best game for us this season in the reverse fixture and he usually does better against teams who come at us and leave space behind, as Man City will do against us.

I’m starting to wonder if Isak was an ashworth signing and whether Howe knows what do to do with him. 

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Like 1