Pep's not plastic club from Manchester versus Eddie's wounded League Cup xG winners (+ Fish)

Toonpack

5 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

I don't necessarily disagree with that but we're making it all the harder when we waste some of these chances. 

Absolutely. All other stats are largely  irrelevant 

• Like 2

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

I’m surprised you haven’t liked your own post. No one else is going to 

Don’t worry about likes 😂. But seriously the board needs to consider Howe in the off season. Get some in like Touchel or Zidane. 

Something going on with Howe and Pep at the end there. Looked like Graeme Jones might have turned up to tell Pep to fuck off or something. :lol:

I'm not sure Pep was actually saying anything bad to Howe but Jones took exception. 

Ah well. Could have been worse. We gave a good account of ourselves again, particularly second half after the subs were made, but missing too many chances again.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sakisle said:

Howe at Bournemouth. They’d go on great runs and then have nosedives in form that Howe struggled to or couldn’t turn around. Come no wins since Boxing Day 

They went on a fucking great run from league one to the premier league

You're talking shite

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

I think it speaks to how cuntish Grealish and Haaland are the self congratulatory egomaniacs. 

FYP

Just now, Sakisle said:

Don’t worry about likes 😂. But seriously the board needs to consider Howe in the off season. Get some in like Touchel or Zidane. 

he’s done an unbelievable job man. You’re taking shite 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

Something going on with Howe and Pep at the end there. Looked like Graeme Jones might have turned up to tell Pep to fuck off or something. :lol:

I'm not sure Pep was actually saying anything bad to Howe but Jones took exception. 

The Pep Patronising Minute

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

The commentators. :lol:

If I had to sum their performance up in two sentences, it would be. 

"I like this Manchester City player. Who's your favourite Manchester City player?" 

absolute torture to listen to. 

• Like 1

Takeaways from that game,

1. Grealish is an absolute cunt

2. Isak should start ahead of Wilson for the foreseeable future

3. BT commentators are utter melts

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

he’s done an unbelievable job man. You’re taking shite 

I agree he’s a fantastic job so far but you need to look at the big thing. With the owners we’ve got I personally think Eddie is not the manager to take us to the next level. 

1 minute ago, Toonpack said:

We're very close tbh, if we could fucking finish we'd be sweet.

Nah, Howe is finished. Never mind the fact that we’re creating buckets of chances and going toe to toe with everyone, it’s all gone sour. The Saudis won’t be pleased

• Haha 5

I don’t want to Mackem to think he has half a clue about our manager or team for that matter, but I do think Eddie has been loyal enough to Wilson and the time has come for tough love. Isak did more than enough to be given a start against wolves. Wilson’s centre forward play was laboured again and he fluffed his one big chance 

• Like 3

Just now, Sakisle said:

I agree he’s a fantastic job so far but you need to look at the big thing. With the owners we’ve got I personally think Eddie is not the manager to take us to the next level. 

The “next level” from where we were when he arrived was Top 8 and he’s done it in half a season :lol: 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Sakisle said:

Are we talking about the eddie thats taken us from relegation spots to European spots?

• Like 1

Thought we were decent again but it’s the same old story, we’re not taking our chances and out opponents are. The misses by Wilson and Joelinton were fucking disgraceful. 

Wilson absolutely needs dropped, he’s got 1 goal in 14 games and his all round play is fucking embarrassing. I thought before the game Howe got that call wrong (same as the final) and seeing Isak when he come on proved it. Wilson cannot start next game his constant missing of chances is fucking killing us man. 

• Like 9

Strange game that. Apart from our usual missed chances, we seemed to give the ball away far too much and very poor at picking out longer passes.

I would pick the team that finished to start next time out with Shar back in for Lascelles and Gordon / Longstaff in for Joelinton.

Edited by Christmas Tree

3 minutes ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

Are we talking about the eddie thats taken us from relegation spots to European spots?

Yeah He’s an okay manager to be honest but for the last 2 months he’s giving me Bournemouth vibes.

• Jaysus... 1

Isak and Willock definitely showed plenty of energy and attacking threat up until they sucker punched us. Willock to start in Joelintons slot next game. Would probably chance Maxi with Targett as Maxi also looked keen to threaten.