Pep's not plastic club from Manchester versus Eddie's wounded League Cup xG winners (+ Fish)

Toonpack

12 minutes ago, Sakisle said:

Yeah He’s an okay manager to be honest but for the last 2 months he’s giving me Bournemouth vibes.

You're giving me Adam Johnson vibes, MATE! 

• Haha 3

33 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Something going on with Howe and Pep at the end there. Looked like Graeme Jones might have turned up to tell Pep to fuck off or something. :lol:

I'm not sure Pep was actually saying anything bad to Howe but Jones took exception. 

This bloke’s gloomy face has been far too prominent of late.  Should have fucked him off with his mentor Bacon Boy.

2 minutes ago, Dougle said:

This bloke’s gloomy face has been far too prominent of late.  Should have fucked him off with his mentor Bacon Boy.

Hardly his mentor, Bruce cracked the shits when Jones got credit. Credit that everything indicated Jones deserved.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

not sure i'm allowed to comment but....

thought your pressing was good today but the difference was obviously the finishing. 

both sides showed a little bit of aggression, nothing wrong with that. it was nice to see the handbags out, football needs more handbags imo, shows passion.

a proper game of football.

i think the jump from where you are now (champions league fringes) to consistently at the top is really tough. and to be fair its just as hard to stay there.

glad bt sport picked up on the 6th minute round of applause.

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

At what point is it acceptable to criticise Howe for sticking with Wilson? 1 goal in 14, missed another sitter today, and keeping our record signing on the bench. We could be 7th in 48hrs 

I think we're a couple of games past that point now. 

• Like 4

He's not beyond reproach - I think we've been right to criticise all of our mangers at times - even those with a clue. 

Edited by NJS

16 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I think we're a couple of games past that point now. 

Agree, it’s costing us points and has been for a while now. If he goes with Wilson again next week I’m completely confused by what we’re doing. We’ve spent 100m between Isak and Gordon and there is currently almost an avoidance to play them together. 

Imo we need Gordon, Bruno, and Isak on next week together, Almiron needs dropped as well - I know most will say ASM but my pick would be Murphy, he’s been bright when he’s come on recently and deserves a crack. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Howay said:

Agree, it’s costing us points and has been for a while now. If he goes with Wilson again next week I’m completely confused by what we’re doing. We’ve spent 100m between Isak and Gordon and there is currently almost an avoidance to play them together. 

Imo we need Gordon, Bruno, and Isak on next week together, Almiron needs dropped as well - I know most will say ASM but my pick would be Murphy, he’s been bright when he’s come on recently and deserves a crack. 

Not sure if id give Murphy a start like, think he's better as legs when the other side is tiring. If he had any end product in the final third, he would be in the starting 11. 

Eddie needs to drop Callum, this is getting daft as he's not showing any change in fortune or fitness. 3 goals scored in the league in 2023 is a horrendous stat and we need to sort that out ASAP. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Chaser said:

Not sure if id give Murphy a start like, think he's better as legs when the other side is tiring. If he had any end product in the final third, he would be in the starting 11. 

Eddie needs to drop Callum, this is getting daft as he's not showing any change in fortune or fitness. 3 goals scored in the league in 2023 is a horrendous stat and we need to sort that out ASAP. 

Agree with that. Murphy is a championship player at best - although he does seem to have his tail up at the minute. 

We don't have any natural goalscorer in the team especially when Wilson is off form. I keep beating the drum about Maddison but he knows where the goal is and can also create. Essentially the players have done superbly to get us here but we'll need more goals next season.

ideally you want 10+ from your wingers and 20+ from your main striker(s), with the central midielders chipping in as well (which bruno could do if he had someone that could play his position)

Edited by Holden McGroin
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Holden McGroin said:

Agree with that. Murphy is a championship player at best - although he does seem to have his tail up at the minute. 

We don't have any natural goalscorer in the team especially when Wilson is off form. I keep beating the drum about Maddison but he knows where the goal is and can also create. Essentially the players have done superbly to get us here but we'll need more goals next season.

ideally you want 10+ from your wingers and 20+ from your main striker(s), with the central midielders chipping in as well (which bruno could do if he had someone that could play his position)

Thats just it, we are moaning about Wilson being off form but no one else is chipping in with goals. We've got to have more output across the team. We know the others are capable of it in streaks but it needs to be consistent.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Holden McGroin said:

He’s steady, nothing outstanding but he’s been Eddie’d and is a good squad player, I really don’t get the disdain for him.

• Like 1

He’s a championship player at worst I would sayI think he’s shown more than just athleticism when he’s come on lately. He nearly scored a screamer v Man Utd. I’m not saying I want him in the staring XI but he’s a very useful squad player (for where we are now) and Howe obviously likes him. 

• Like 4

He’s limited but he’s one of the few wide players we have who can put a good cross in. He’s a useful squad player because he executes the press well, has got a bit of pace and does the defensive side. 

• Like 4