Pep's not plastic club from Manchester versus Eddie's wounded League Cup xG winners (+ Fish)

Toonpack

1 minute ago, spongebob toonpants said:

Lascelles.....yikes

I might go and do the shopping

Haha yeah, bringing in a defender who hates to mark players away against Man City is going to be..... interesting. I'd have thought shifting Burn in and bringing Targett in to start would have been a more palatable option. When did Lascelles last play a full match?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

Lascelles.....yikes

I might go and do the shopping

shit. Just noticed that :lol:

I guess Schar was concussed? I genuinely would have put Botman and Burn in the middle and put manquillo or a half fit Targett at left back. I guess at least the skipper offers more of an aerial threat from set pieces (straws, clutching)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

I completely missed that Lascelles is starting. :lol:

Schar must have been concussed when sent back onto the pitch to play most of the match last week then. Canny. 

Not downplaying concussion, but hopefully that's what it is and not some other longer term injury. Either way I hope we see Targett get on here and Burn deserves to play in the centre of defense. One thing Lascelles will bring is an improved threat from set pieces versus Schar who often manages to get to the ball but not put it on target.

• Like 1

Just now, OTF said:

Not downplaying concussion, but hopefully that's what it is and not some other longer term injury. Either way I hope we see Targett get on here and Burn deserves to play in the centre of defense. One thing Lascelles will bring is an improved threat from set pieces versus Schar who often manages to get to the ball but not put it on target.

Good shout actually. I'd love us to get back to scoring from set pieces. A towering header from Lascelles today would be an instant pants-spunker. 

6 minutes ago, Tom said:

Awful line up 

In particular I'm not looking forward to Lascelles trying to play out from the back against this lot, especially when one of options is Dan Burn. I'm expecting we'll still be trying to push a high tempo press so if we're going to get any sort of result from it we'll need to utilise our bench well. Wilson is a puzzling one honestly, he's not been at the races in games where he should have figured yet keeps his spot here.

Edited by OTF
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, OTF said:

In particular I'm not looking forward to Lascelles trying to play out from the back against this lot, especially when one of options is Dan Burn. I'm expecting we'll still be trying to push a high tempo press so if we're going to get any sort of result from it we'll need to utilise our bench well. Wilson is a puzzling one honestly, he's not been at the races in games where he should have figured yet keeps his spot here.

his instruction should be simple: give it to Sven 

We're fucked today with that line up i would have played Targett played Burn at CH and fron three of Gordon / Isak / ASM.........but what do i know........what i do know is we could end up being well and truely humped today

Wilson has completely lost his edge. Not just his shooting, his general alertness and decision making. He looks 36 not 30. 

Lascelles does, at least, add a bit of set piece fret which we desperately need.  

Saying that we’re likely to get a decent botting here today, I’d settle for a low score to maintain some sort of morale.  A draw could be a tedious corner turned.   

I can’t be the only one who thinks it isn’t that bad for who we’re playing and what we want to do? Lascelles is enforced so Wilson is the only one that has annoyed me slightly. Not sure I’m going to be crucifying Howe yet. Unless we’re feeling sorry for ourselves, we’ll give a good account of ourselves

Edited by Ayatollah Hermione

I'm guessing targett isn't ready as botman will be horrified knowing he's got lascelles alongside him and burn as left back v these. I thought we might get a chasing before seeing this team. I'm not exactly changing my mind seeing the line up now. Fucking hell. Let's hope Eddie's played a blinder? :lol:

11 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I can’t be the only one who thinks it isn’t that bad for who we’re playing and what we want to do? Lascelles is enforced so Wilson is the only one that has annoyed me slightly. Not sure I’m going to be crucifying Howe yet. Unless we’re feeling sorry for ourselves, we’ll give a good account of ourselves

Agree with this. Can't explain Wilson keeping his place but the rest is fine. 

23 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Ah you've paid to be up a height this weekend. 

Where you off? 

France snowboarding. 

Just to add. I fucking hate airports its fucking rammed full of thick cunts