The Return of Eddie Howe's Shithousing, High Pressing Fucking NETBUSTERS vs Lopetegui's Lupine Logmunchers

Gemmill

16 minutes ago, Renton said:

Yeah, that's about it. Another thing the commentator said in the second half after a possible penalty incident in our box (a push I think, honestly my memory for this type of thing is poor) is that the ref can't give us a penalty after the first half "mistake"! Whilst this is undoubtedly true, because that's how human psychology works, it's just fucking wrong, surely every incident needs to be considered on its own merits. But overall I think the shit decisions evened out and the result was fair.

Going gforward I can't say that performance fills me with hope for a top 4 finish. When we were good we were very good, but we struggled for a fair bit of the second half and we're still finding it difficult to convert our chances. Forest away is a banana skin (they're good at home) and then the test will be ManU at home. Get 4 points out of these two games and we're back on, fail and I am losing hope for the CL, but Europe may still be possible. 

If we had've lost or even drawn this game it would have been against the overall balance of play. They scored off a terrible defensive error and their next best chance was another poor defensive error, both of our goals were from quality play and we should have had a brilliant third had Botman not bottled the finish.

The only important thing here was winning (and no injuries). We're back into the winning mentality and all that we should remember from this game is two fantastic goals and three points to leapfrog Liverpool. You're right that we now need to build on this with three points away to Forest, not an easy ask but we have to really fancy ourselves there.

• Like 3

We're away in five of our next seven matches. The highest placed of those teams is Brentford in ninth, the rest are all in the bottom half. Games that we have every chance of winning, whether we win most of them will determine whether we're still in the race for fourth come May.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Watched the club's 10 minute extended highlight package this morning and I don't recall seeing the Pope incident, so I think we can all agree that it didn't happen and just move on. 

Yes. Them's the rules 👍 

That's why we didn't get a penalty as well. 

4 minutes ago, ewerk said:

We're away in five of our next seven matches. The highest placed of those teams is Brentford in ninth, the rest are all in the bottom half. Games that we have every chance of winning, whether we win most of them will determine whether we're still in the race for fourth come May.

I thought yesterday was arguably our biggest game of the season.

a loss could've easily seen it just fizzle out. nice this morning to look at the league table and consider that with a win at forest we'll be in a position to claw back tottenham and man utd, it's in our hands, especially with home games coming up against both. anyway, much more optimism than pondering the table and dwelling on those that could overhaul us over the last few weeks.  :)

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

In laws are shitting themselves for Friday. They're off and think we will dry bum em

I've just realised this is a 8pm kick off on St. Patrick's day. I'm not going to remember a thing about the game.

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Renton said:

Yeah, that's about it. Another thing the commentator said in the second half after a possible penalty incident in our box (a push I think, honestly my memory for this type of thing is poor) is that the ref can't give us a penalty after the first half "mistake"! Whilst this is undoubtedly true, because that's how human psychology works, it's just fucking wrong, surely every incident needs to be considered on its own merits. But overall I think the shit decisions evened out and the result was fair.

Going gforward I can't say that performance fills me with hope for a top 4 finish. When we were good we were very good, but we struggled for a fair bit of the second half and we're still finding it difficult to convert our chances. Forest away is a banana skin (they're good at home) and then the test will be ManU at home. Get 4 points out of these two games and we're back on, fail and I am losing hope for the CL, but Europe may still be possible. 

You argued with me last week when I said we wouldn’t get over the line :lol: 

• Haha 3

As for the game, I thought we did enough, especially when you consider we couldn’t change anything in the midfield 3 whereas they had plenty of options. Worried a bit when Traore looked lively early doors but we adjusted well and Burn and Willock combined to give him fuck all. Bruno looked a bit off, if you ask me and he’s continuing to put daft fucking tackles in when he doesn’t need to. Isak continues to look like the real deal, with time and a settled run in the side, he could be seriously impressive next season

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

You argued with me last week when I said we wouldn’t get over the line :lol: 

I did, but tbf you were absolutely categoric that we were out of the race. I've never thought we were (still don't), but new information comes available with each game. And despite us playing some good stuff and winning yesterday, my own personal estimates of the probability of us finishing top 4 have actually declined after yesterday, cos the problem are still there and I am doubting we manage a sustained run. 

1 minute ago, PaddockLad said:

That was actually a bit odd. I mean, we're 2-1 up in a nervy match with seconds to go, and we send up our best CB who can't score to save his life (except against us) to receive a corner? NOt complaining like, I prefer keeping the pressure on. 

7 minutes ago, Renton said:

I did, but tbf you were absolutely categoric that we were out of the race. I've never thought we were (still don't), but new information comes available with each game. And despite us playing some good stuff and winning yesterday, my own personal estimates of the probability of us finishing top 4 have actually declined after yesterday, cos the problem are still there and I am doubting we manage a sustained run. 

I still think we’re not finishing 4th tbf. Either Kane will just power Spurs through or Liverpool will carve out a good run and we just won’t have the consistency to get over the line. Games like Everton and Leeds away are proper banana skins with them staring down relegation. Only you could see our chances decrease with us winning one of our games in hand though ;) 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I still think we’re not finishing 4th tbf. Either Kane will just power Spurs through or Liverpool will carve out a good run and we just won’t have the consistency to get over the line. Games like Everton and Leeds away are proper banana skins with them staring down relegation. Only you could see our chances decrease with us winning one of our games in hand though ;) 

Aye, and Liverpool losing against Bournemouth too. And Casemiro being suspended. Tbh I'm just exhausted finally being invested in it again. Bring back the FCB and the cabbage. :lol:

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I've just realised this is a 8pm kick off on St. Patrick's day. I'm not going to remember a thing about the game.

I was hoping to get a ticket but off to the Leeds Irish centre with some cousins instead. It will be on there but not a fucking clue I'll know what planet I am on either 😂

• Haha 3

Pope looked guilty as fook when he went down so I think that tells its own story.

There were a few decisions that were debatable. On top the the one discussed above: 

The foul on Schar by Jimenez for the first goal looked a bit soft on replay.

Isak give Jonny a little push for the goal etc etc

Anyway, who cares TOON TOON. We should have had a penna at molineux when LongShafts shirt was nearly pulled off.

Edited by Holden McGroin
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Interesting that you say we don't have the consistency when we've just seen Liverpool beat Man Utd 7-0 one week and then lose to Bournemouth the next.  Spurs have also recently lost to Wolves and Sheffield Utd.  I don't necessarily disagree that we won't finish in the top four, but looking at those two teams consistency as being our biggest obstacle to overcome doesn't quite stack up for me.  Both of their performances all season have been up and down like a whore's drawers.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

Interesting that you say we don't have the consistency when we've just seen Liverpool beat Man Utd 7-0 one week and then lose to Bournemouth the next.  Spurs have also recently lost to Wolves and Sheffield Utd.  I don't necessarily disagree that we won't finish in the top four, but looking at those two teams consistency as being our biggest obstacle to overcome doesn't quite stack up for me.  Both of their performances all season have been up and down like a whore's drawers.

Out of the three we’ve been the most consistent all season. We’re at the business end now and <reaches further into bag of football cliches> EVERY GAME IS A CUP FINAL NOW!…. until it’s not :cuppa:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

Well yeah i'd definitely go along with that.  A couple of draws that we should have turned into wins already this season (year even) would have had us sitting pretty in 4th with games in hand.

Add in the var fuck-overs and we'd be easily 3rd not far from being up City's arse.