Squinty Steve's Surplus Signings vs Sexy Eddie's "Let's Start This Weekend Off Right" Hotties

Gemmill

39 minutes ago, NJS said:

If Howe came up with Trippier standing taking their shit and leaving Isak out of it and/or it was Trippier's idea, I'd give them both the freedom of the city and manager/player of the year right now. 

My guess would be Trippier.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Doesn't seem to be anyone credible saying Longstaff is injured.

We'll know in just over an hour, but whatever happens I just want you all to settle in and enjoy another victory delivered by yours truly, the ULTIMATE thread starter. 

The gingerbread lattes are on me! 

Just out of my gig, seen the score, scrolling through this thread on my 306 home. Cheers Gems, I'll PM you about the gingerbread latte. 👍

• Haha 3

Deserved win

One of these days someone's getting smashed 5-0 

Ref was shit.

If only Isak got more minutes these last couple of games.....

Maxi was running awkwardly since the start of the match, definitely came into this match already having hammie troubles as Eddie said. Still delivered the pass before the pass for Isaks equalizer. :wank:

... And still no headed goals from a team of giants. 

Edited by LongTimeAdmirer

What a roller-coaster of emotions this one was. 

This win was huge for us, keeping alive the possibility of champion's league qualification and buoying our overall confidence and surely that of Isak in particular.

VAR are saying it wasn't a deliberate play at the ball by Felipe, what a fucking joke. And Tim Sherwood rightfully saying well they got it wrong with plenty of passion. Once again they suggested that it was down to the onfield ref to look and make the decision, but that's bollocks. If the onfield ref is being sent to look at the display that's the VAR telling them directly that they made a clear and obvious error. They're going to look at it with that front of mind.

It should never have come back to the onfield referee, horrendous decision by the VAR. 

Thankfully it hasn't mattered in the end but it still deserves follow up because that very well could have had massive implications for our season.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, ewerk said:

So if you’re prepared to put him on in case of injury why not put him on when we’re chasing a win with ten minutes to go?

I don’t think he’s injured tbh. He’s not right but there’s something else going on. Howe would have put him on today if he’d needed to

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I don’t think he’s injured tbh. He’s not right but there’s something else going on. Howe would have put him on today if he’d needed to

I don’t think Wilson playing away from home would be the most politic thing just now, allegedly :lol:

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, OTF said:

VAR are saying it wasn't a deliberate play at the ball by Felipe, what a fucking joke. And Tim Sherwood rightfully saying well they got it wrong with plenty of passion. Once again they suggested that it was down to the onfield ref to look and make the decision, but that's bollocks. If the onfield ref is being sent to look at the display that's the VAR telling them directly that they made a clear and obvious error. They're going to look at it with that front of mind.

It should never have come back to the onfield referee, horrendous decision by the VAR. 

Thankfully it hasn't mattered in the end but it still deserves follow up because that very well could have had massive implications for our season.

E13B9A7F-C5CD-4C74-9A34-060A5738EA5C.jpeg
:lol: So it’s literally one of the fucking examples in the rule of what constitutes deliberate play. It was a staggeringly bad decision. 

The ref (and VAR) also both missed two scissor tackles through the back of our players by Dennis as Shelvey as well which iirc are pretty well defined examples of red cards in the rules too. The officiating team for this one should be suspended or removed from their positions imo. 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Howay said:

E13B9A7F-C5CD-4C74-9A34-060A5738EA5C.jpeg
:lol: So it’s literally one of the fucking examples in the rule of what constitutes deliberate play. It was a staggeringly bad decision. 

Indeed, no excuse for it at all.

• Like 1

Fuck VAR.  It’s VAR better to have a ref fuck it up in the moment than a team of bald, bespectacled nerdlingers fuck it up 2-5 minutes later.  I bet they’re all xG fascists too.

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Maybe photoshopped? :lol: 

think it’s time for bed 

Maybe. I mean Shelvey appears to be both levitating and casting no shadow for a start. :lol:

Hope you got a good sleep. 

• Haha 3

I think I've set this up to play from the right spot.  Chris Foy absolutely full of shit and Tim Sherwood puts him right in his place. 

I honestly don't know, if you're Foy, how you're watching that and saying it's just a deflection ffs.  Even retired referees are full of it. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I think I've set this up to play from the right spot.  Chris Foy absolutely full of shit and Tim Sherwood puts him right in his place. 

I honestly don't know, if you're Foy, how you're watching that and saying it's just a deflection ffs.  Even retired referees are full of it. 

How has the Forest player not deliberately played the ball? I know we won the game but we should be lodging an official complaint. That decision was blatantly wrong. And what is worse is that two referees looked at it on screen and both came to the wrong decision.

• Like 2

If you need to see what Chris Foy is describing as "a deflection" again, watch this.  The Forest player CLEARLY stretches out his leg and plays the ball.  It's just genuinely mindblowing - it's not even a football question, it's just have you seen a human before, and do you understand the basic mechanics of human movement?  If not, please fuck off and get a different job. 

• Like 2