Squinty Steve's Surplus Signings vs Sexy Eddie's "Let's Start This Weekend Off Right" Hotties

Gemmill

I'll join you and ask my cynical political "next 10 words" question which is incompetence aside we established they got it wrong so why did they give it? 

I long for the day we're "good" enough so that doesn't even get looked at never mind chalked off. 

• Like 1

I would add that my bitter long memory remembers a clear backpass Mike fucking Dean didn't give at Bournemouth about 5 years ago which suggests it's a common thing for them to think light two yrard passes are all "deflections". 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NJS said:

I'll join you and ask my cynical political "next 10 words" question which is incompetence aside we established they got it wrong so why did they give it? 

I long for the day we're "good" enough so that doesn't even get looked at never mind chalked off. 

Shearer, Adam Johnson, and Matt Le Tissier. 

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

I’m not sure why but I’m really impressed by how good his English is. It’s like his first language.

He’s Swedish. Most swedes speak better English than English people, or at least the ones I know do. 

9 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

what a fucking night man!

all looked like it was gonna go awry. d8dnt get to a pub till they were starting to empty at 7,15, not a hope of a ticket for me mate and the pub closed at kick off so he couldn't even watch it there despite them having sky.

so.... in a  fucking couple of manoeuvres anybody from deepest toxteth  would be proud of we managed to get him past the ticket checks 50 metres from the ground and in a ball crushing squeeze we got through the turnstile together on one ticket! sure the bloke knew, don't think he was bothered, tremendous! fair play to forest supporters, probably the best atmosphere from a home support ive seen for years, sadly put ours to shame.

and then the match.....

was a pleasure to be amongst our support tonight, never stopped singing, the disappointment of the disallowed goal but the fucking mayhem after isak's penalty!

anyway, swear bruno knows every word of every song we sing, celebrated a fucking fantastic victory long after the final whistle!   :)

20230317_220000.thumb.jpg.15cbfb52572f789d891a427fdaa04c2a.jpg

20230317_220000.jpg

would loved to have been there mate, those scenes at the end, amazing.. used to go to loads of away games in the past but no chance of getting a ticket home or away these days. thanks for the pics though, fucking brilliant.

• Like 2

Just another reason VAR is shit. It just passes the buck to the VAR referee rather than the on field officials.

I hate the feeling of scoring a goal then not celebrating fully and waiting to see if it counts. Or even worse think there is ABSOLUTELY no reason this could be chalked off (like last night) and then the subsequent disappointment.

I'd bin it personally and keep goal line technology.

If they want to use VAR then they can review games and hand out harsh retrospective punishment to divers/bad tackles etc etc

• Like 7

Even by the rather poor standards that have been set, that was an absolutely fucking diabolical decision. Actually encouraging the on field referee to overturn a correct decision is the exact opposite of what it was brought in for. If you accept it’s here to stay, which it appears to be, then you have to still accept a degree of human error in interpretation of the laws of the game. But in that instance? How the cunting fuck has the defender not deliberately played the ball? He’s looking at it and moves his foot towards it. 

• Like 8

29 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Just another reason VAR is shit. It just passes the buck to the VAR referee rather than the on field officials.

I hate the feeling of scoring a goal then not celebrating fully and waiting to see if it counts. Or even worse think there is ABSOLUTELY no reason this could be chalked off (like last night) and then the subsequent disappointment.

I'd bin it personally and keep goal line technology.

If they want to use VAR then they can review games and hand out harsh retrospective punishment to divers/bad tackles etc etc

I agree. And while we're at I'd simplify the offside rule so there has to be clear distance between the attacker and defender, to benefit the attacker. It's fucking ludicrous at the moment. 

If you are keeping VAR, you could quite easily apply AI to the offside rule too. Computers can do this better than error prone humans. 

Edited by Renton
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, wykikitoon said:

The thing what fucks me off more. You just know that's not a VAR decision for Man United, Liverpool, City etc. 

Exactly. With computers we can at least formally put this bias into the algorithms. ;)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Maybe. I mean Shelvey appears to be both levitating and casting no shadow for a start. :lol:

Hope you got a good sleep. 

Not to mention his shorts are on inside out (or backwards given the image has been flipped)

14 minutes ago, Renton said:

Exactly. With computers we can at least formally put this bias into the algorithms. ;)

You don't think there would be a "If red shirt then" subroutine? 

Would have to be Open Source. 

• Haha 6