Sexy Eddie's The REAL United vs The Bald Fraud's Moonface-Free Manchester Team

Gemmill

3 minutes ago, Renton said:

Willock was more wasteful. I dunno though, suspect the type of player you're talking about are in the 100s of millions region, rare as hen's teeth in World football. The fact we are creating enough chances to win games by converting 10% of them is canny remarkable really, as is our defence. 

I mean tbh I was just thinking someone like Maddison would work for it. Would be interested @The Fish to see the relative xG and conversions of Longstaff and Willock versus other players in their position.

I could be wrong like but our attacking players seem to create really good chances that our onrushing midfield players seem to struggle to put away. I reckon that's the whole issue in terms of our profligacy tbh.

6 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I mean tbh I was just thinking someone like Maddison would work for it. Would be interested @The Fish to see the relative xG and conversions of Longstaff and Willock versus other players in their position.

I could be wrong like but our attacking players seem to create really good chances that our onrushing midfield players seem to struggle to put away. I reckon that's the whole issue in terms of our profligacy tbh.

Willock and Longstaff and Joelinton are guilty of this. Great players in terms of running power and executing the press but wasteful in front of goal.

Goes back to what I was saying in the tekkers v athleticism thread. Howe values these players. In time they will be good squad players rather than automatic starters. And the first teamers will convert more chances. 

I don’t know what happened with willock’s finishing mind. His all round game has come on massively under Howe, but when he first arrived under Bruce he couldn’t miss. That one effort ASM put on a plate for him was terrible technique, leaning back and blazing over when it was easier to hit the target 

Edited by Dr Gloom

That finishing has to be coachable. You can see what Willock's doing wrong technically - the commentators spelled it out yesterday. Give him an hour a week with Shearer over the summer and he'll be bursting the net with these chances next season.

34 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

If you look past the shocking formatting you can see that Maddison is massively outperforming in terms of xG while Willock and Longstaff are the opposite.

1452085263_Artboard1-100.thumb.jpg.d93825d212ebebe8f6b49c1f0a3f42eb.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Aye that was my feeling on it - don't think it needs to be a 100m player (don't think Maddison is one) but someone like him would really drive us forward. We seem to create so many good chances for his type of player that it's a shame to not bolster that role.

2 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Is everyone else still bouncing after yesterday’s result btw? 

after all these years, football still has a magic power to influence my mood like nothing else.

Imagine if we’d won the cup final… 

Yep, lucky for me Sky seem to have the extended highlights program on a loop today. Watched it at 9.00 and again at 13.30 :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

does maddison do the hard yards off the ball tough? :lol: 

Does he have the right attitude, and will he nosh me off?

Oops, sorry, wrong thread.

• Haha 3

Every now and then I have a deep thought and here it is….

I wonder if the poor finishing is partly due to our athleticism and that we are attacking at 100 mile an hour. Ie chances come at speed to players arriving at speed.

These players like Maddison that I here off who can gracefully knock one in from the edge of the box, would they find it more difficult finishing if they were part of Eddies turbo, run ragged army.

That is all

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Is everyone else still bouncing after yesterday’s result btw? 

after all these years, football still has a magic power to influence my mood like nothing else.

Imagine if we’d won the cup final… 

Absolutely :lol: 

Just watched the match back, then Craig hopes podcast, then True Faith, followed by Gary Neville’s podcast where he spends the first 10 minutes talking very good about us.

Now just waiting for match cam to come out.

3 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Absolutely :lol: 

Just watched the match back, then Craig hopes podcast, then True Faith, followed by Gary Neville’s podcast where he spends the first 10 minutes talking very good about us.

Now just waiting for match cam to come out.

disappointing, shocking really how easily a man can fall from grace.

• Haha 1

I watched about 2 minutes of the True Faith podcast just to see what boils wyki’s piss so much. They appear to be just a couple of boring know nowts. Charlotte hoyed in a few swears to mask what a terminally dull middle class bint she is. And Tory boy makes her sound interesting. I can’t understand why anyone would bother listening to their views 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

I watched about 2 minutes of the True Faith podcast just to see what boils wyki’s piss so much. They appear to be just a couple of boring know nowts. Charlotte hoyed in a few swears to mask what a terminally dull middle class bint she is. And Tory boy makes her sound interesting. I can’t understand why anyone would bother listening to their views 

That’s it every week tbf. 

I do feel dirty :lol: 

• Haha 2

Listened to TalkSport on the way home. Goldstein a man united fan and Darren Bent were the only ones I have heard give us any credit.  They were both honest and very complimentary of us.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Alex said:

That's not the actual podcast tbf. I can't watch the YouTube thing cos it's those two trying to be funny for 10 minutes and it's unbearable.

The proper podcast is actually alright.

• Like 1

The only thing that is slightly annoying about yesterday is not putting away a few more chances and giving them another humiliation (in terms of the score). But anyone who watched that and can’t accept that we dominated them in pretty much every department is kidding themselves 

• Like 3