your first away game..... can you find a video?

thebrokendoll

4 minutes ago, sammynb said:

But the year is wrong, it was 2004.

didn't make that one in holland, was at the home leg game a week or two later and nearly missed kick off. 8 hours from cheltenham, probably remains a record for the journey!

I was the driver, took mrs bd and me chauffeur..... probably the last time it was my turn to drive actually!   :lol:

• Like 2

I think it might’ve been this one:

Elliott doing the chicken dance right in front of us. I think he later said he didn’t know what the fuck to do after he’d scored 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

First game of the 88-89 relegation season, was very uncomfortably squashed in the old away end. I was almost 15, took my cousin who was 13 and over from Belfast. Had to lie to my aunt and say the Armstrong Galley bus dropped us right outside the turnstile and she luckily believed my bullshit. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

First game of the 88-89 relegation season, was very uncomfortably squashed in the old away end. I was almost 15, took my cousin who was 13 and over from Belfast. Had to lie to my aunt and say the Armstrong Galley bus dropped us right outside the turnstile and she luckily believed my bullshit. 

fucking hated that end at goodison park, was like being in a moat with an ants eye view of the match. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Late Gazza winner = dancing out on to Gorgie Road only to run directly

into the waiting Hibs CCS casuals 👊🏻😬

wasn't at that one but did go to a pre season 'friendly' at hibs around that time, george best was playing for them.

cunts spent the entire match lobbing stones at us, then got some practice in for the battle scenes in braveheart afterwards!  :lol:

• Haha 4

27 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Late Gazza winner = dancing out on to Gorgie Road only to run directly

into the waiting Hibs CCS casuals 👊🏻😬

Doug Weatherall will be forever pictured holding a telephone and giving his match report from SJP or Roker Park on the Saturday short Look North evening news bulletin. :lol:

• Haha 5

Went to Blackburn in 2009 as a fresh faced 18 year old and watched us get twatted 3-0 despite looking half decent in the first half while Nicky Butt got sent off towards the end. Sort of set the tone for my other travels tbf. A lot of hope on Andy Carroll’s shoulders, I remember :lol: Still never felt we’d go down though…

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Billy Whitehurst said:

It was a boxing day match so, obviously, we didn’t win.

My only recollection of the match was Mirandinha (he’s not from Argentina) getting subbed on.

Eh? We won 2-1, this was my second away game. First and last time I was persuaded to go for some scran during the game so made my way back onto the leppings lane with a mate just as O'Neill scored the winner and so spoiled my celebration trying to jump up and down but not losing my hot dog. :lol: 

1 minute ago, Howmanheyman said:

Eh? We won 2-1, this was my second away game. First and last time I was persuaded to go for some scran during the game so made my way back onto the leppings lane with a mate just as O'Neill scored the winner and so spoiled my celebration trying to jump up and down but not losing my hot dog. :lol: 

Hahaha, in my defence, I did say my only recollection was Mirandinha coming on.….

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Alex said:

I think it might’ve been this one:

Elliott doing the chicken dance right in front of us. I think he later said he didn’t know what the fuck to do after he’d scored 

How slow was Hooper to get up btw. 😁

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Holden McGroin said:

How slow was Hooper to get up btw. 😁

I think everyone was expecting a clanger the moment he came in. Apparently when he was at Liverpool he was fantastic in training but didn’t have the mentality in a match situation 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Alex said:

I think everyone was expecting a clanger the moment he came in. Apparently when he was at Liverpool he was fantastic in training but didn’t have the mentality in a match situation 

I always thought KK would've been happy enough just putting the turnstile operator in goal. :lol:

• Haha 1