Unai "Nee Baals" Emery's Beige Renaissance vs Eddie "Baals in a Wheelbarrow" Howe's UNSTOPPABLE Lunchtime Mags

Gemmill

And then when we restart the refs stood between burn taking the kick and bruno the closest player to him :lol:

Villa were the better side to start but they've had the ref in their pockets for the rest of the half.

Thoroughly outplayed so far. We'll have to change things second half and hopefully it can make the difference. We may see the same as last week. Wilson on for Murphy and put him upfront with Isak. Switch Gordon to the right. Willock to the left. Have to do something drastic that's for sure. Gordon's pace on the right should add a bit of support for Tripps too.

On 12/04/2023 at 02:00, The Fish said:

Orrrrr, the stats reflect that Aston Villa have been overperforming, benefiting from worldies for and profligacy against. This is form.

Compare it to us, we're putting away roughly what you'd expect us to, and conceding roughly what you'd expect. This is class. 

Form is temporary, class is permanent.

On 09/04/2023 at 22:28, Gemmill said:

For those worrying about facing Nee Baals's Beige Brigade, I've looked at their last 7 games (where they've seemingly become world beaters) and our last 7 games. 

I've considered their xP (it's a thing, deal with it) compared to their actual points, and ours.  And I've applied a colour scale so you can see at a glance how close the performances have actually been to the results. Ignore the figures in the "Diff" column that are greyed out - I've not included negative figures (where the club has got fewer xP than actual points) to avoid the negatives messing with the colour scale. 

First thing to point out is that Villa are running 6.5 points ahead of expectation over the last 7 games.  Which is a canny bit and much higher than our 2.03, which basically all came from us mugging Brentford yesterday. 

Villa did the same against Chelsea - managing an xP of only 0.39 but running out 2-0 winners. Which btw, is the only time they played a "big" team in this recent run.  Compare that with us picking up 2.91 xP against Man United - basically a MURDER of a team better than any they've played recently.

In fact, all of our wins against everyone bar Brentford have been very convincing, as evidenced by the difference between xP and actual being really less than half a point for all of them.  

Anyway, hopefully you can see there's a lot more red on Villa's side than on ours.  In other words, Villa's results have been a lot less convincing than ours when you look behind the scoreline, and a few of them could quite easily have gone the other way - i.e. their form isn't as good as it looks.  Ours is.  Which is why they're getting fucking LACED next Saturday.  Get ready for ANOTHER relaxing win. 

image.thumb.png.0856561f05d6e2108c95d61c14cd4f28.png

Stat boys with another 

artworks-SqbwQcOOycKpW8mP-8apC4A-t500x50

This is why @Diego21 is the king 

Edited by LongTimeAdmirer
  • Haha 3