Paul Gascoigne- This Charming Man

Tooj

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

had this discussion a few times on here. How a man who beat his wife in front of his kids and cant hold down a job due to his alcoholism can be revered quite as much as gazza is, is beyond me!

102371[/snapback]

Because he was one of the most talented people to ever wear a football shirt. Same as Best tbh...

had this discussion a few times on here. How a man who beat his wife in front of his kids and cant hold down a job due to his alcoholism can be revered quite as much as gazza is, is beyond me!

102371[/snapback]

I give you George Best

Still a nasty person. Hitler is the one of the most successful dictators the world has seen. The BBC doesnt lick his arse though.

102379[/snapback]

Post #7 and already Godwin's Law is invoked. Impressive! :icon_lol:

my point is just because someones a good footballer doesnt make them a nice person (charming man)

102390[/snapback]

You were asking why he was revered, we're pointing out that it's because of his footballing abilities....

How simple do you need it? Did Hitler play football like?

Because he led Germany to defeat in the war which in turn led to the country being split in two for forty odd years, had most of his allies turn against him and had to commit suicide?

Mind you he did build the autobhans!

Comparing Hitler to Gazza, he'll be suggesting we should have signed Chris Sutton next :icon_lol:

102442[/snapback]

He'll be claiming he wasn't boasting about how he was gonna shag Mags next :(

Don't you just love J69's sanctimonious holier than thou preachings.

102447[/snapback]

Oh dear, you'll be accused of being in the clique now :icon_lol: It's pretty obvious to anyone with half a brain that Gazza is a flawed character and I don't condone for one minute what he did to his wife but I do feel sorry for him for being an alcoholic or as our 'straight-edged' saintly J69 puts it, 'a drunk'. It's also obvious that he is revered, not least up here, for being an absolute genius of a footballer.

Gazza wasn't responsible for the deaths of 6 million Jews either.  Another one for his "pro" column.

102437[/snapback]

Exactly! he was the best at what he did but he was a cunt. Just like Gazza.

And Drunk/Alcoholic.....same fucking difference. Got nowt to do with me not drinking, its to do with all the cocks i see at work who drink themselves to death, piss/shit themselves in the dept and expect me to clean it up, and all the 'real men' who come in having broken their wives jaws and nose cos they had an argument.

But as long as he could kick a ball, well......... :icon_lol:

Gazza wasn't responsible for the deaths of 6 million Jews either.  Another one for his "pro" column.

102437[/snapback]

Exactly! he was the best at what he did but he was a cunt. Just like Gazza.

And Drunk/Alcoholic.....same fucking difference. Got nowt to do with me not drinking, its to do with all the cocks i see at work who drink themselves to death, piss/shit themselves in the dept and expect me to clean it up, and all the 'real men' who come in having broken their wives jaws and nose cos they had an argument.

But as long as he could kick a ball, well......... :up:

102502[/snapback]

Have you any idea how moronic it is to compare arguably the most evil man in history to someone who beat up their wife :icon_lol: And all because you hate your job :(

Edited by alex

about as moronic as your relationship with all of these grown men on an internet message board?

If you could cut the sarcasm for one minute and try and comprehend what i am saying, I am not for one minute placing Gazza in the same league as Hitler.

Im merely saying that just because he can kick a football doesnt mean that we should forget how many shitty things hes done. Im all for giving people second and third chances but burning your wife with the iron whilst your kids are watching is beyond forgiveness IMO. Thats MY OPINION by the way, sorry if its not the same as yours but shit happens.

Comparing Hitler to Gazza, he'll be suggesting we should have signed Chris Sutton next :icon_lol:

102442[/snapback]

He'll be claiming he wasn't boasting about how he was gonna shag Mags next :(

102446[/snapback]

:up: already proved that it was in fact mags who was trying to get into my pants, i notice mags and gol have gone strangely quiet on the subject since mags pms were posted :up:

about as moronic as your relationship with all of these grown men on an internet message board?

If you could cut the sarcasm for one minute and try and comprehend what i am saying, I am not for one minute placing Gazza in the same league as Hitler.

Im merely saying that just because he can kick a football doesnt mean that we should forget how many shitty things hes done. Im all for giving people second and third chances but burning your wife with the iron whilst your kids are watching is beyond forgiveness IMO. Thats MY OPINION by the way, sorry if its not the same as yours but shit happens.

102509[/snapback]

Why mention Hitler then if you're not making a comparison?