Dyche’s Desperate Dirtbags vs. Howe’s “We Only Need 45 Minutes” Dibnah Demolition Doyens. Thu, 27 Apr 19:45

Monkeys Fist

2 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

We've not really seen the Eddie'd Lascelles, so am fine with him starting and he at least is a proper threat on goal from a corner unlike the rest of our "giants".

Aye good point.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

If Schar is out what would you do?  IMO Targett at LB and Burn in at CB.  Would rather have that than Lascelles in.

Just slot Lascelles in. He’ll not want to disrupt too much of the back four and Botman and Burn are both left footers. Lascelles with Trippier next to him, keeping him right, will do fine. He was away to Man City tbh

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

If Schar is out what would you do?  IMO Targett at LB and Burn in at CB.  Would rather have that than Lascelles in.

i think it'll be lascelles in for schar. howe won't make two changes to the back four. he also likes one left-footed CB and one right-footed CB for balance

• Like 3

In the presser yesterday he was fairly open about Schar and Bruno’s injury and chances. He was much more closed on two other players who were struggling. It could be that was genuine and there are multiple changes tonight or mind games.

8 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Also wonder if the sensible move would be for Gordon to suddenly have a mysterious illness tonight.

I know there crowd will be hostile anyway but might be less of a distraction if he’s absent?

mysterious illness that lasts the rest of the season:cuppa:

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

One magpie on the dog walk this morning. Ah well :( 

A sparrowhawk killed a magpie in my garden yesterday. :panic:

This is the guilty culprit, if you look hard enough you can see FTM tatooed on his wing feathers.

Screenshot_20230427_113624_Photos.thumb.jpg.f1b14395e5cbef72d49dc54385309213.jpg

• Haha 3

25 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

I think he may start Gordon.

I think he’ll be on the bench. Id go down the stomach bug route as well. Fergie used to take Neville out of the squad b Liverpool if he was on the bench. You want to keep the crowd calm. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

I think he’ll be on the bench. Id go down the stomach bug route as well. Fergie used to take Neville out of the squad b Liverpool if he was on the bench. You want to keep the crowd calm. 

Make a deal with Everton. We'll play Malfoy only if Rex plays. 

Edited by Renton
  • Haha 4

I'm nervous about Lascelles playing, but he might be a good match up for DCL, and as people have said he was decent against Citeh. I'm not quite in the pampers party, but we do have to be mindful that Liverpool are fully capable of winning every game until the end of the season. A win tonight and a win against Southampton and I'll be a lot more tranquil. 

Eddie's not one to change a winning formula, but he is one to rotate the squad during busy periods. So I could see Isak and, either, Murphy or Willock on the bench and Wilson and Gordon starting tonight.

7 minutes ago, MrBass said:

Eddie's not one to change a winning formula, but he is one to rotate the squad during busy periods. So I could see Isak and, either, Murphy or Willock on the bench and Wilson and Gordon starting tonight.

he's got to start isak against their central defenders

Anyone that thinks Liverpool will go the rest of the season unbeaten are mental. They just about beat Forest & West Ham and have been very lucky with ref/var calls. Their backline is atrocious. I can easily see them losing a min 2 games.