Dyche’s Desperate Dirtbags vs. Howe’s “We Only Need 45 Minutes” Dibnah Demolition Doyens. Thu, 27 Apr 19:45

Monkeys Fist

3 minutes ago, Winston said:

Anyone that thinks Liverpool will go the rest of the season unbeaten are mental. They just about beat Forest & West Ham and have been very lucky with ref/var calls. Their backline is atrocious. I can easily see them losing a min 2 games. 

Saying that they are fully capable may have been overstating it, but if you look at their fixtures they have four home games out of six, have only lost one home game all season, are unbeaten in five having won three on the trot, and their remaining fixtures in general are very decent. You could perhaps say that the Southampton and Leicester games could be tricky given they're fighting to stay up. Plus they have players like Jota and Diaz back from injury, and Klopp seems to have figured out a tactical set up to get the best out of TAA's attacking quality without being as much of a liability in defence. I say Klopp, but he appears to copying Pep's inverted full backs thing. 

32 minutes ago, Winston said:

Anyone that thinks Liverpool will go the rest of the season unbeaten are mental. They just about beat Forest & West Ham and have been very lucky with ref/var calls. Their backline is atrocious. I can easily see them losing a min 2 games. 

Which ones?

Kamala Harris Listening GIF by Election 2020

37 minutes ago, Winston said:

Villa and Brentford will get something from them at home, I can see a draw at Old Trafford too. And Leicester will be desperate away from home. Put it another way, would all these people who think they are dead certs to win these games have the same confidence in us? Who's the better team currently? 

Go on then, I'll say it. These doubters are TRAITORS. Enemies of the club. They should be ashamed and lightly chastised. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Some of their supporters are going full on tonight so it's going to be a raucous atmosphere around the game, like them or not, so I think Eddie might be advised to rest any players on Sunday rather than this game, obviously the atmosphere will take a turn for the worse if we score early on or we have them chasing shadows but, as usual, the PL planners have given us a harder Goodison fixture than they could've done. That's not wetting any knickers, that's just the situation and it does play a part as you only have to look at Villa park the other week and SJP for the last couple of years to see the help it can give to a side. Frustrate their lot early on by showing them the difference in personnel and rising above the niggling tackles etc they'll be doing as they know it's their best chance. I'm hoping we have a good start or this could be a bit of a shitty night, had a little look at a couple of their YouTube fan stuff and they're very much aware of the shit they're in and know they're best chance is to make it as hostile on and off the pitch. This could be a good practice for any future derbies if Barcerland AFC get promoted about being professional and strong so your football wins out and you end up tucking them in after they've worn themselves out. Also, not a big fan of us wearing the white and green strip which we apparently are. I'd settle for four points between this and the Southampton game if offered although would be cock-a-hoop with all six. We're brilliant on our day and resilient but let's not forget we don't always have things our own way even in some wins. Prediction: 0-2. :lol:

Edited by Howmanheyman
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

I think he may start Gordon.

Gordon has only started 2 games so far since signing. 
I won’t be at all surprised to see him start on the bench. 

Why put a lad who’s still finding his feet with us in a high-pressure situation that is just as likely to see him red-carded as score? 

That said, once we’re cruising and several goals ahead, get him in for the last half hour just to piss on the scouse Mackem’s cheesy chips. :lol:

Fulham went to to Everton on a recent afternoon game, their fans treat it as 'just Fulham', weren't up for it and the players are struggling and got beat. That's an advantage the likes of Fulham, Bournemouth, Palace etc have which rarely gets mentioned if it gets mentioned at all, they're just low key games which home fans don't massively get up for which has to be to their advantage in their away games. Games between big northern clubs will never have the same feel as you sometimes/usually need a bit of needle. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Some of their supporters are going full on tonight so it's going to be a raucous atmosphere around the game, like them or not, so I think Eddie might be advised to rest any players on Sunday rather than this game, obviously the atmosphere will take a turn for the worse if we score early on or we have them chasing shadows but, as usual, the PL planners have given us a harder Goodison fixture than they could've done. That's not wetting any knickers, that's just the situation and it does play a part as you only have to look at Villa park the other week and SJP for the last couple of years to see the help it can give to a side. Frustrate their lot early on by showing them the difference in personnel and rising above the niggling tackles etc they'll be doing as they know it's their best chance. I'm hoping we have a good start or this could be a bit of a shitty night, had a little look at a couple of their YouTube fan stuff and they're very much aware of the shit they're in and know they're best chance is to make it as hostile on and off the pitch. This could be a good practice for any future derbies if Barcerland AFC get promoted about being professional and strong so your football wins out and you end up tucking them in after they've worn themselves out. Also, not a big fan of us wearing the white and green strip which we apparently are. I'd settle for four points between this and the Southampton game if offered although would be cock-a-hoop with all six. We're brilliant on our day and resilient but let's not forget we don't always have things our own way even in some wins. Prediction: 0-2. :lol:

Gannin for the old reverse psychology. Like it.

In Your Head Love GIF by DEEPSYSTEM

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Gordon has only started 2 games so far since signing. 
I won’t be at all surprised to see him start on the bench. 

Why put a lad who’s still finding his feet with us in a high-pressure situation that is just as likely to see him red-carded as score? 

That said, once we’re cruising and several goals ahead, get him in for the last half hour just to piss on the scouse Mackem’s cheesy chips. :lol:

Imagine he starts from the bench the abuse he will get when warming up :lol: 

3 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Imagine he starts from the bench the abuse he will get when warming up :lol: 

☝️☝️****** Mackem like behaviour Klaxxon ****** ☝️☝️

• Haha 4

If we score twice, we’ll win IMO. Calvert-Lewin is decent when he’s fit but the injuries are piling up and he’s not in the form and confidence that Watkins is/has. Need the midfield three to be at it in terms of winning the second balls as it’s going to be scrappy as fuck, I reckon. You know what to get with Dyche though and it’s the odd game where Lascelles may be an advantage but I’d expect plenty 60 yard balls launched into our right channel to try and exploit Trippier’s lack of height. Probably Calvert-Lewin heading across to that side with Maupay or Doucoure pushing through from midfield #TacticsTruck

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Yeah, that's basically Lascelles' biggest strength, winning duels and heading clear high balls and crosses into the box. 

That, and being a fellow shithouser extraordinaire alongside Murphy. 

Lads I know you've all waited very patiently for this.  Well, here are some sexy stats for you.  These seemed like stats that might indicate who their DANGER DUDES are.  Red = DANGER!  Green = WHATEVER MATE.

image.png.80c8c411d25b1c7f7fc20543bcae1682.png

GCA = Goal Creating Actions

SCA = Shot Creating Actions

Dwight McNeil turning up as one of their DANGER MEN. 

This is anyone in their squad who's played > 450 minutes.  Ellis Sims was turning up with some insane figures so this filters that prick out. 

This is the equivalent for our sexier and significantly more dangerous men. 

image.png.f65a032b86c08b22f303a19ff3524ea6.png

YOU'RE ALL VERY WELCOME!

Edited by Gemmill
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Onana's OOT injured which is good news for us cos he can be decent when he gets on one. 

Coleman INJURED

Holgate SUSPENDED

Are Coleman and Onana confirmed out for the game? I thought they were just doubts. 

I read a Liverpool echo thing and apparently they're both doubts but Coleman is more of a doubt than Onana on the basis of how Dyche has been talking about both recently. Given their league position I wouldn't be surprised to see both start even if they're not fully fit, although Paterson is a pretty able substitute for Coleman, so he might start on the bench. In any case it might be to our advantage if said players end up having to go off injured should they start. 

1 hour ago, Renton said:

Villa and Brentford will get something from them at home, I can see a draw at Old Trafford too. And Leicester will be desperate away from home. Put it another way, would all these people who think they are dead certs to win these games have the same confidence in us? Who's the better team currently? 

Go on then, I'll say it. These doubters are TRAITORS. Enemies of the club. They should be ashamed and lightly chastised. 

Either someone has nicked Rentons computer or he is suddenly turned into Mr Positive.

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Lads I know you've all waited very patiently for this.  Well, here are some sexy stats for you.  These seemed like stats that might indicate who their DANGER DUDES are.  Red = DANGER!  Green = WHATEVER MATE.

This is anyone in their squad who's played > 450 minutes.  Ellis Sims was turning up with some insane figures so this filters that prick out. 

YOU'RE ALL VERY WELCOME!

image.gif.7f7b821fcdd0ae850ea4145b5d941e04.gif

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

YOU'RE ALL VERY WELCOME!

What the fuck does all that mean😂