Dyche’s Desperate Dirtbags vs. Howe’s “We Only Need 45 Minutes” Dibnah Demolition Doyens. Thu, 27 Apr 19:45

Monkeys Fist

Just watched a second interview with Wilson where he mentions that Isak is "not an out and out number 9, he's probably more of a wide striker which is why he has those dribbling skills" :lol:

Hear my PLEAS, Daddy Eddie!

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

R420CXs.jpg

Why would you want to weaken the team like that? completely not required. He's best through the middle where he can drop deep and interchange with the widemen at will.

mad photoshop skillz bruv 

• Haha 3

53 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Just watched a second interview with Wilson where he mentions that Isak is "not an out and out number 9, he's probably more of a wide striker which is why he has those dribbling skills" :lol:

i do think we should be playing them both. And this seems to be the way.  

1 minute ago, trophyshy said:

i do think we should be playing them both. And this seems to be the way.  

Howe ruled it out for this season. It’ll be something they work on in preseason.

7 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Howe ruled it out for this season. It’ll be something they work on in preseason.

Aye, lets be honest Maxi is toast.  He will end up at Everton and we shall upgrade.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

"I'd dribble like that myself if I fancied playing wide, but I don't" 

• Haha 8

If you consider Gazza & Beardsley to be the best players you’ve seen for NUFC then Isak is also in that bracket after the last month. If he stays 2/3 seasons he’s probably going to be the greatest player in the club’s history :cuppa:

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Targett looked a little rusty last night. Im glad he got some minutes though. Will help if he can come for Burn a bit more to give me a breather.

Aye I didn't think he looked great but it must be his first start on 4 or 5 months if not longer.

The ability to rotate people in and out now is class. Murphy and Isak have only had about 90 minutes across the last two matches and have made massive impacts to both. After last night they're basically completely fresh going into Sunday.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Toonpack said:

One small gripe, why are we so utterly shit at corners, it not like we're a team of midgets.

We get plenty but create little from them.

Aye it's weird. I think it's cos Burn isn't actually that great in the air and Schar prefers concussions to goals.

Our best threat from corners is permanently on the bench too (Lascelles).

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

One small gripe, why are we so utterly shit at corners, it not like we're a team of midgets.

We get plenty but create little from them.

Our xG from set plays is actually the best in the league (I've sorted in the xG column here). But we've only turned that 16xgG into 9 goals.

Screenshot_20230428_093334_Chrome.thumb.jpg.787a810241ce607e6df75c73e71db634.jpg

The changes to personnel probably didn't help at first glance but when you factor the frenetic Everton early harrying and tackles and the ability to not flog our players to death when asking a lot of them then it's the long term correct action especially when you're playing a team who struggle to score. Gives everyone a chance, keeps their hand in and gives a breather to those who need it when we've three games in a week. Just got to pick and choose the games when.

• Like 5

What the fuck was the Brexity Orc on about saying our fans "absolutely hammered" 5 or 6 players a year ago when we lost? 

Is he some kind of Mackem myth believing cunt? 

• Like 1