Howe’s Hawker Hurricane Goal Machines vs. Selles’ Sputtering Spitfire Spunkbubbles.

Monkeys Fist

• Monkeys Fist changed the title to Howe’s Hawker Hurricane Goal Machines vs. Selles’ Sputtering Spitfire Spunkbubbles.

I’ll take a scrappy win by the odd goal tbh. They’re fighting for their lives but you have to think last night must’ve been a very demoralising defeat. Even a draw is of very little use to them but I think they’ll play for one and hope they pinch it somehow. Which could play into our hands anyway the way we’re playing (especially in terms of creating and converting chances atm

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

After these last two games, I’ll settle for a nice 2-0. The football equivalent of functional missionary sex after a weekend of wild experimentation 

We telling them to lie back and think of England (and spitfires)? 

• Haha 5

Just win, nowt daft required. These gave us a bit of a game in the second leg at SJP after we blew them away early on so that's a lesson that we need to resist getting the cigars out too early but that arsenal result and last night should've killed them. 

• Like 2

They're down, Bournemouth saw to that I reckon 

The players and the crowd will smell blood, the players that Howe rested will want to start. Whichever striker starts will score, then his replacement will want to make his case for a start and score when he comes on.

So we're 2 goals to the good already. Joelinton will get his, and I fancy a defender to get an outrageous one, for the Murphy memes.

4-0

• Haha 5

11 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Bad news if Longstaff's season is over. We looked lightweight in midfield without him against Villa.

Joelinton back in the middle and Gordon on the left today?

tbf, I think even with Longstaff, we’d have struggled against Villa. They were absolutely rampant. He’ll definitely be a miss against likes of Brighton and Arsenal though, I’d say. He’s the only midfielder we have that can do his job, really. Maybe Howe will roll the dice on Anderson in order to keep Joelinton on the left