Eddie “ Eagle-Eyed Action Man, with Gripping Hands” Howe’s Unstoppable Force vs Playmobil Heed’s Perennial Bottle Arse(nal)’s. Sun 7th May. Saint James’es’s Park. 16:30h.

Monkeys Fist

10 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Hot Dog Grandma GIF

On a totally unfootball related tangent, this is Cloris Leachman, who played Frau Blücher in Young Frankenstein.  

So, back to business…

giphy.webp

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Christmas Tree said:

You are all fucking mad. Nappies doubled up here.

It would take a balls up of epic proportions. Just think rationally. We only need six more points to be mathematically safe from five games. We’ve won - what is it? Eight out of our last nine. We can still afford to lose or draw a few 

15 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

It would take a balls up of epic proportions. Just think rationally. We only need six more points to be mathematically safe from five games. We’ve won - what is it? Eight out of our last nine. We can still afford to lose or draw a few 

Aye- agreed. 

We’ve shown over the entire season that this is not “form” for us, it’s how we play now. 

There’s no good reason to think we’ll stop doing this for our last few games. 
We also have something that we didn’t have for most of the season- two strikers who are scoring for fun. 

We’re more likely to catch Arsenal than drop out of the CL spots tbh, (even if that’s not mathematically possible, we can still do it :lol:

giphy.webp

Sausages! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Not safe from Brighton with 6 more points need 8 for them

34 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Is it not 8 from the remaining 15 to be certain?

Assuming Brighton are 7 points behind us on even games anyway. 2 wins and 2 draws would do it.

37 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Liverpool have an easy run in and could get to 71 

Brighton can get to 73

I'm just far too excited / terrified to be counting any chickens at this point.

21 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Is it not 8 from the remaining 15 to be certain?

Assuming Brighton are 7 points behind us on even games anyway. 2 wins and 2 draws would do it.

You’re right I didn’t even bother including Brighton. Tbh the idea of them going on the kind of winning streak to make top four seems too preposterous to contemplate 

47 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Aye- agreed. 

We’ve shown over the entire season that this is not “form” for us, it’s how we play now. 

There’s no good reason to think we’ll stop doing this for our last few games. 
We also have something that we didn’t have for most of the season- two strikers who are scoring for fun. 

We’re more likely to catch Arsenal than drop out of the CL spots tbh, (even if that’s not mathematically possible, we can still do it :lol:

giphy.webp

Sausages! 

I wonder if everyone will sit back and chill when we dispatch arsenal 

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I’ll be firing up the BBQ and hoying the bangers on. 
giphy.webp

it’ll be a sausage party on Sunday 

image.gif.6f90f7983e689aabdc0128ec3c303ef7.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

I wonder if everyone will sit back and chill when we dispatch arsenal 

For what it's worth, I'm very confident. We'd have to go on an absolute howler of a run to fuck this up now. There is not a single game left that I don't think we're at least capable of winning, and a draw with Brighton is as good as a win in terms of our position anyway.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

For what it's worth, I'm very confident. We'd have to go on an absolute howler of a run to fuck this up now. There is not a single game left that I don't think we're at least capable of winning, and a draw with Brighton is as good as a win in terms of our position anyway.

giphy.webp

SYP

• Haha 3