Eddie “ Eagle-Eyed Action Man, with Gripping Hands” Howe’s Unstoppable Force vs Playmobil Heed’s Perennial Bottle Arse(nal)’s. Sun 7th May. Saint James’es’s Park. 16:30h.

Monkeys Fist

Much like Villa and to a much lesser extent Southampton at times, the ball went through our midfield far too easily. 

I think we need Longstaff back ASAP. 

Also to sort of invoke Gary Player's quote about luck, better teams tend to get more breaks (even allowing for corruption). 

It'll come. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Wilson and Isak didn’t work today, it left Isak stranded snd he couldn’t get in the game properly.

I know it sounds a bit wise after the event but I wasn’t enamoured with idea of them starting together. I think they definitely can next season at times, but one or the other coming off the bench as and when needed has worked so well recently. 

• Like 3

It’s ridiculous that we are always on the wrong end of controversial VAR decisions. This foes also include those incidents when legitimate penalty calls didn’t get checked all.

This whole VAR business foes seem a bit arbitrary to me tbh.

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

The timing of the VAR decision fucked us too. Crowd was bouncing and we were having a good go at them. 3min delay and an overturned penalty give Arsenal some life again 

Very true. BUT. If we're going to achieve anything we have to cope better with this shit type of situation. Again, I fucking love him, but you can see Bruno getting overwound up, giving away  a needless free kick, and then ultimately gifting it to Odengaard, who's deadly from range. Although tbf, this had a rerun of Liverpool all over again at this point but although the scoreline was the same, we were ultimately more controlled and just beaten by a better team on the day.

We need to remain professional and beat Leeds. I believe we will. Given an either or choice, I'd actually rather beat them tbh. 

• Like 4

I don't think there was anything too disheartening there. We were all over them until what was sadly a quality strike from Odergaard, then it was end-to-end from that point on, could easily have been us that got the next goal, instead it was them.

Not sure it was handball for the penalty, but if it takes that long for VAR to think about it there's no way it's a clear and obvious error, so should have stood.

We missed Longstaff, we just look more solid with him in the team (or rather, Bruno looks less solid without him in the team).

I think Howe had to start with Wilson and Isak this game, along with Murphy they are the most in-form players that can play in the front three, and Longstaff was out so Joelinton had to move back into midfield, making it a choice of Isak or Gordon on the left - but the other subs just don't have the impact that bringing on Wilson/Isak can have, so what we gain in the first half we lose in the second. Didn't work this time, will be interesting to see what he does against Leeds if Longstaff is still out. If he's back it's an easier call to to move Joelinton into the front three making it Joelinton - Isak/Wilson -  Murphy/Almiron.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

That Xhaka is a soft cunt and Jesus sucks cocks for baccy

I remember that from RE I think. Here it is, John 7 verse 25:

"And verily, Xhaka was sitting crying, having being nudged softly from his friend Scharr. Jesus comforted the man, before attesting 'Know this Xhaka, there is a place in my Father's house where your buttock contusions will be soothed. But now I must go, forsooth I must suck some cocks for baccy''".

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Nah. We just played one of the best 2 teams in the country and they finished their chances better than us. We were never going to steamroller them 4-0. We hit the post twice and should have had a penalty. 

Put the same performance on against Leeds and we win 2 or 3-0

Generally speaking I thought we looked weak. You want your go?

Stay strong fellow Warriors of the Sausage! 

Even the righteous have setbacks, we’ll make Allardyce think his arsehole is working in reverse next week. 

giphy.webp

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

It was an old fashioned slog really. Ifs buts and maybes I guess. At least Man Ure lost. The team to watch is Liverpool. We basically need 2 more win to secure top 4. 71 points should be enough. Brighton could get 72 but they have difficult run in.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Wilson and Isak didn’t work today, it left Isak stranded snd he couldn’t get in the game properly.

💯 

4 hours ago, Alex said:

Said a while back that there needs to be a time limit on VAR decisions but also that the people looking at the screens need to own that decision making instead of getting refs to have a look and then (inevitably) feel they have to change their mind 

Exactly, because they then hide behind the illusion that the onfield ref still 'made the decision', when they will very rarely go against a call from a quiet box where it has been studied from all the different camera angles for an age with a determination reached that there had been a clear and obvious error made.

If it's clear and obvious make the call from the VAR box AND broadcast the audio of the VAR explaining in clear terms why it was a clear and obvious error.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Renton said:

Hold on, I distinctly remember you predicting Spurs would turn us over you absolute nappy filler!

donald trump GIF

5 hours ago, Sakisle said:

Eddie teaching other teams how to time waste like at the emirates 

It was a top 3 PL clash. It isn't really for you.

That game had a bit of everything really, a very sympathetic VAR which we simply don't have, it's amazingly flexible where it always has a get out of jail card when it wants, decides to look at stuff when it wants and vice versa and always has an subjective view when it wants and.....sacre bleu!...... usually goes the way of the club who'll have a manager and a compliant media crying holy hell if they have a lip on so timid refs keep themselves on the right side of the huff. Refs, we're fucked. However, we really need to put some of those chances away, even more so when we know there's a VAR intervention/non intervention around the corner. Hopefully it's a lesson learned and Man U getting beat despite another VAR non intervention in their favour means we breathe again. I'm also hoping there's a realisation in the NUFC hierarchy and a growing sense of injustice which urges them on ever further to fuck these all off. We're definitely playing with one hand tied behind our backs.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

And Wilson was somehow still isolated through the middle, a few times he brought the ball down well only to be crowded off it by two or three defenders. They obviously can work together but it depends on the game. I think I prefer Howe determining that part way through a game. There's enough subs allowed now to facilitate making multiple tactical changes so I'd start with one (probably Isak) and then bring Wilson on.

Glad that I waited for the Man Utd result to determine whether I needed to worry. We need to clean up Leeds now with a dominant display.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, OTF said:

And Wilson was somehow still isolated through the middle, a few times he brought the ball down well only to be crowded off it by two or three defenders. They obviously can work together but it depends on the game. I think I prefer Howe determining that part way through a game. There's enough subs allowed now to facilitate making multiple tactical changes so I'd start with one (probably Isak) and then bring Wilson on.

Glad that I waited for the Man Utd result to determine whether I needed to worry. We need to clean up Leeds now with a dominant display.

We'll take this shit out on Leeds, 100%. :good:

• Like 5

As disappointing as yesterday was, the progress in 18 months is ludicrous.

People are wanking Arteta off for taking Arsenal from 5th to 2nd but Arsenal are a decade ahead of us in terms of club infrastructure, player development etc. Howe has taken Newcastle from a disused warehouse of a football club in 19th spot in the league to 3rd in the table, and starting the match as bookie's favourites against the team in 2nd. In fucking no time.

We were possibly a Sean Longstaff injury away from getting a resukt yesterday, which in and of itself is mental given that player's standing when Howe showed up.

We just need to get over the line for CL qualification now and this team will step it up again next season.

• Like 8

Murphy and Defoe taking the time out on MOTD2 to PRAISE that VAR decision yesterday. Fuuuuuuuck me.

I can't wait for us to take revenge against that shaven bull's shite Leeds side next weekend.

Every time we’ve utterly shithoused the opposition this season we haven’t won. Fucking ironic when someone turns up and does it to us so fuckin clinically. Difference is the ref at Anfield justifiably added the time on and we didn’t defend the resulting corner . The ref at Emirates was equally as shit for both teams. The ref yesterday had to be held back at the end from joining the Arsenal team’s victory huddle the fuckin bent cunt . Who knew the premier league want a “title race “ to go “to the wire” 🙄

We played ok (again, CHANCES!..hugely unlucky tbf) but too many were below par . Thought Jorginho,Xhaka and Odegaard were excellent with Joelinton sometimes the only one putting it up to them. With hindsight am not sure if starting Isak and Wilson was the right call, when I saw the team I thought we’d do what we did, try and smash them early doors, get the crowd roaring and then try to see it out..fuck knows about the pen, on my phone it looks like it hit his leg and his arm simultaneously. So what, in the age of the handball rules being changed 2/3 times (?) precisely to accommodate the introduction of VAR, is the correct interpretation of the the current guidance? Can anyone be really sure? That’s why it wasn’t given, the ref wasn’t sure, and it wasn’t the first time in the match where he didn’t know wtf he was doing. 

Thing is, the way the results panned out yesterday absolutely fuck all has changed.  We still need two wins and a draw, Liverpool still need to win all their games, we’re still effectively 3 points ahead of Man Utd  and Arsenal still won’t win the fuckin league :cuppa: 

• Like 6