Eddie Howe’s Huge Sausage Mags vs Allardyce’s Pint of Gravy Yorkshire Cunts 13/05/23 12:30pm

strawb

4 minutes ago, Howay said:

We really have to sort out our corners and free kicks btw, the fucking amount of them we had that game and we didn’t even threaten from any of them. At this point we’d be better off treating them like a throw in and just restarting the game rather than having everyone go up into the box, it’s mental how ineffective they are for us given the size of our side. 

I think Trippier’s set pieces have been poor for a while now. Since the World Cup maybe? But we don’t really have anyone else in terms of reliable delivery from free kicks and corners. I know there are lots of factors in terms of what makes a team effective but if you think back to Robson’s team when having Robert and Solano meant good deliver from either side it made a big difference. I wonder if that’s why we keep getting linked with Ward-Prowse. It’s definitely something we need to address. 

• Like 5

aye, agree with the above. trippier set pieces are woeful. lack any kind of pace on them as well making it hard to get any power on a header in the unlikely event they actually find one of our players.

the least said about the abomination of a free kick down our left side in the first half the better.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Renton said:

Not just possession. Twice as many shots. More shots on target. More successful passes. I'm not an xG man but reckon we'd beat them on that too. It was an absolute bear pit, and but for a fluke goal we would have won. Wilson had an excellent chance but his foot was clipped just at the wrong time. I tlhink ewerk mentioned Gordon doing fuck all. He was in on goal and taken down just outside the box. Trippier should have done better with the free kick. We had an offside goal disallowed during a period of utter dominance imo. People taking their penalty which was a world class save by Pope as a negative ffs! Odd way of thinking iyam. 

Yes, it's all opinions but I just can't understand the negativity about this performance at all. A point away in these circumstances is not the end of the world. I wonder, if that ball that ricocheted off Trippier had not hit the net, would you feel like this? 

As for average points from the next few games, howay, have you applied that logic to ManU or Liverpool? Have you adjusted for home games? Have you adjusted for top 5 teams etc? Possession stats don't tell the whole story of course but they do give you some information on how a game was played. I'd suggest that quoting average points gained over an arbitrary three game period is a lot more of a nonsense than anything I've said.

Not going to argue too much but that wasn't a world class save for their penalty. It was not far off the worst I have seen. No confidence and basically tapped to Pope. 

I think the main concern must be that despite the possession, shots, xG, etc they scored their goals from open play (however lucky) and we needed 2 well taken penalties. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Howay said:

We really have to sort out our corners and free kicks btw, the fucking amount of them we had that game and we didn’t even threaten from any of them. At this point we’d be better off treating them like a throw in and just restarting the game rather than having everyone go up into the box, it’s mental how ineffective they are for us given the size of our side. 

Aye. This pisses me off too. We're more likely to concede than score from a corner which is a shame considering how many of them we get. I'm guessing we won't improve in time for this season though. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Alex said:

I think Trippier’s set pieces have been poor for a while now. Since the World Cup maybe? But we don’t really have anyone else in terms of reliable delivery from free kicks and corners. I know there are lots of factors in terms of what makes a team effective but if you think back to Robson’s team when having Robert and Solano meant good deliver from either side it made a big difference. I wonder if that’s why we keep getting linked with Ward-Prowse. It’s definitely something we need to address. 

Could do with a bit of variation. A shame we don’t have any left footer with any decent ability from set pieces to mix it up a bit.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Alex said:

How are we going to cram Ward Prowse, Rice, and Maddison into the current side alongside Miggy, the Targayens, Willock and Ciggy? ;)

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

How are we going to cram Ward Prowse, Rice, and Maddison into the current side alongside Miggy, the Targayens, Willock and Ciggy? ;)

Only a matter of time until the authorities tinker with the rules again and allow roll-on/off subs ;) 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

Rice for Ciggy. Maddison for Miggy. Ward-Prowse for the tealady

5 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Reported. 

Talking of which, I wish Bruno would get his hair back to the natural blond colour. He's been shit since he dyed it brown. 

Edited by Renton
  • Haha 6

If there was a swear box in my house yesterday I'd now be bankrupt. OJ Simpson didn't get away with as much murder as their players and who could blame them when they had the footballing equivalent of diplomatic immunity from the ref who went out of his way pre-game to pat their players on the back and shake hands in the tunnel. You just knew watching that we going to get one of those ref performances. If he'd been a bit more on it I think we win that game, saying all that by the time we were winning we've only ourselves to blame plus a bit of bad luck with the flukey equaliser. I was a wreck by the end and that was sober as a judge. Can't be doing with this stress, like. Fortress SJP again on Thursday, please. The good news for everybody is I'm at work. :good:

Edited by Howmanheyman
Pat, not pay.
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

If there was a swear box in my house yesterday I'd now be bankrupt. OJ Simpson didn't get away with as much murder as their players and who could blame them when they had the footballing equivalent of diplomatic immunity from the ref who went out of his way pre-game to pay their players on the back and shake hands in the tunnel. You just knew watching that we going to get one of those ref performances. If he'd been a bit more on it I think we win that game, saying all that by the time we were winning we've only ourselves to blame plus a bit of bad luck with the flukey equaliser. I was a wreck by the end and that was sober as a judge. Can't be doing with this stress, like. Fortress SJP again on Thursday, please. The good news for everybody is I'm at work. :good:

He gave us 2 pens and and them a red card like, albeit too late. You're straying into mackem like behaviour with this post.

Edited by Renton
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

If there was a swear box in my house yesterday I'd now be bankrupt. OJ Simpson didn't get away with as much murder as their players and who could blame them when they had the footballing equivalent of diplomatic immunity from the ref who went out of his way pre-game to pay their players on the back and shake hands in the tunnel. You just knew watching that we going to get one of those ref performances. If he'd been a bit more on it I think we win that game, saying all that by the time we were winning we've only ourselves to blame plus a bit of bad luck with the flukey equaliser. I was a wreck by the end and that was sober as a judge. Can't be doing with this stress, like. Fortress SJP again on Thursday, please. The good news for everybody is I'm at work. :good:

yer fat bald cunt was the prevalent assessment throughout the game in the away end yesterday.   :lol:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Howay said:

I though of Pardew and Williamson at one point yesterday. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Only a matter of time until the authorities tinker with the rules again and allow roll-on/off subs ;) 

Ferry interesting point

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Howmanheyman said:

If there was a swear box in my house yesterday I'd now be bankrupt. OJ Simpson didn't get away with as much murder as their players and who could blame them when they had the footballing equivalent of diplomatic immunity from the ref who went out of his way pre-game to pat their players on the back and shake hands in the tunnel. You just knew watching that we going to get one of those ref performances. If he'd been a bit more on it I think we win that game, saying all that by the time we were winning we've only ourselves to blame plus a bit of bad luck with the flukey equaliser. I was a wreck by the end and that was sober as a judge. Can't be doing with this stress, like. Fortress SJP again on Thursday, please. The good news for everybody is I'm at work. :good:

same :lol:

My boy gave up and went to his room to play Nintendo after I kept pacing around the living room shouting at the tv and throwing the occasional cushion to the floor in frustration 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Renton said:

He gave us 2 pens and and them a red card like, albeit too late. You're straying into mackem like behaviour with this post.

He was fucking shocking, man. :lol: I dare say he'd have been just as generous with us if we were fouling left, right and centre but that wasn't our game was it? 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Alex said:

That's one side of it but we also fail to capitalize when the delivery is good. Schar has missed a handful of gaping goals over the course of the season, Botman and Burn don't usually even manage to get an effort on target when they get on the end of a cross. A lot of people keep talking about the height and physical presence of the defenders when they go up at corners yet they've been utterly ineffective. 

• Like 1

On 13/05/2023 at 08:38, Renton said:

Brighton who were absolutely thrashed at home by Everton? If we play anything like we did against Arsenal, we'll beat them easily imo. 

How do you feel about Brighton now mate :D 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

How do you feel about Brighton now mate :D 

I think we'll draw or beat them. Our home atmosphere and form is still something special. This is one match we really need to get at them from the off and hope for more luck than we had against Arsenal. But yeah, I'm nervous. I'm not going to this one either so will be watching from the comfort of my commode like you other plebs. 👍

• Like 2

Just goes to show the strength and unpredictability of the league. And also why some people on Twitter need to take results with a bit of perspective. And most importantly, what a ridiculous achievement it is to be currently sitting 3rd in the league from where we were last season. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If Brighton beat Man Utd, us, Arsenal, Man City and Villa then I wouldn't begrudge them top 4 (as long as its the two sets of cunts they squeeze out).

• 5 months later...
On 13/05/2023 at 22:21, Gemmill said:

Lifetime ban for the bloke who ran on the pitch, and he's been arrested too, the prick.

On 13/05/2023 at 23:37, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Leeds should be docked points 

On 14/05/2023 at 00:07, Ayatollah Hermione said:

And we should be awarded two more 

On 14/05/2023 at 00:11, trophyshy said:

And I want a blowjob! 

Sentenced to 12 weeks in prison and issued a football banning order for six years. Leeds gave him a  lifetime ban. 

Leeds just received a £40,000 fine.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, ohhh_yeah said:

Sentenced to 12 weeks in prison and issued a football banning order for six years. Leeds gave him a  lifetime ban. 

Leeds just received a £40,000 fine.

But did @trophyshy get a blow job? That's all anyone cares about.

• Haha 2