Eddie's Glorious Champions League-bound Mags vs De Zerbi's Stuttering South Coast Soft Shites

Gemmill

6 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Why are we talking about dropping Bruno?

He’s obviously been carrying an injury for a few games now. In an ideal world we would rest him but there’s too much at stake and we don’t have any central midfielders in reserve so he starts until we qualify for the champions league. If it’s all wrapped up by Chelsea you can guarantee he’ll be rested 

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

On a related note, Klopp was charged with slagging off the ref two weeks ago and we haven't heard a dickie bird about the outcome. Are they going to leave it until the end of season before slapping him with a suspension?

neigh bother 

mr ed GIF

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

We figured that the whole run in wasn't enough of an ordeal as it was, and that this would be a good way to make it even more stressful.

• Haha 5

35 minutes ago, Renton said:

You've got Trippier there as a left wingback and Targett as a right wingback? Interesting..... :unsure:

Unless you've completely inverted this and gone for Isak and WIlson as our centre backs, with Botman, Schar, and Burn providing the firepower up front?

Genius. I can't understand why you're not a professional football manager tbh. ;)

Listen here, you giant furious ballbag, I obviously meant it the other way like this;

Isak Wilson

Willock Joelinton Almiron

Targett Burn Botman Schar Trippier

3 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Listen here, you giant furious ballbag, I obviously meant it the other way like this;

Isak Wilson

And either way, changing the best defence in the league (unforced) just before the last three crucial games of the season is..... well, what would you say? :lol:

49 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

It makes perfect sense. 3 games left to qualify for the CL and then a long Summer break.

Now is definitely the time to take him out of the team so he's rested and fresh for his holiday.

• Haha 7

1 minute ago, ackas said:

It makes perfect sense. 3 games left to qualify for the CL and then a long Summer break.

Now is definitely the time to take him out of the team so he's rested and fresh for his holiday.

he’s fuckin fucked man but yeah :lol: 

1 minute ago, Renton said:

And either way, changing the best defence in the league (unforced) just before the last three crucial games of the season is..... well, what would you say? :lol:

Our defence hasn't been as miserly in the last few games because of the lack of Longstaff and the diminishing performances of Bruno due to injury. Burn is being isolated and overrun. They need help, either by Longstaff's return and Bruno's recovery, or by changing things up. 

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

Just as an option, we could try a 5-3-2, try to replace Bruno's assurance and defensive awareness with sheer volume of effort?

Isak Wilson

This way you'll always have 3 central defenders, one who can step out into midfield to help, or move across to support the fullback. Whenever one of those 3 midfielders joins the attack, there are still 2 who can hang a little further back, better placed to either break up play, or provide an outball if we win the ball back?

I dunno, it's difficult when Bruno + Longstaff aren't available. Miss one or the other and you can make it up in the aggregate. Both of them? Yeesh.

Donald Glover Reaction GIF

Can you give me a quote for a new patio? 

• Haha 6

2 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

he’s fuckin fucked man but yeah :lol: 

Yep, well he's going to have to suck it up for 3 games, or 2 if we get 6 points quickly 💉

6 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Our defence hasn't been as miserly in the last few games because of the lack of Longstaff and the diminishing performances of Bruno due to injury. Burn is being isolated and overrun. They need help, either by Longstaff's return and Bruno's recovery, or by changing things up. 

I think if there wasn’t a game between Leeds & Leicester they could probably fit in five full training sessions to implement a one off plan but trying it for Brighton on Thursday is a bit tight :cuppa: 

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

We figured that the whole run in wasn't enough of an ordeal as it was, and that this would be a good way to make it even more stressful.

We call it "The Newcastle United Way", and we think you're gonna love it!

2 minutes ago, ackas said:

Yep, well he's going to have to suck it up for 3 games, or 2 if we get 6 points quickly 💉

Thing is he’s just a body at the moment. He’s not really contributing 🤷🏻‍♂️

10 minutes ago, The Fish said:

It's been a bit more porous certainly but if you break it down goal by goal I don't think its time to panic yet by COMPLETELY CHANGING THE FORMATION WE PLAY.

In Eddie I trust,

In Fish not so much.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, Alex said:

Can you give me a quote for a new patio? 

For you, just a drink.

Now go fetch me a nice tall glass of shut the fuck up

Shut Your Mouth Reaction GIF

• Haha 2

:lol: All this needs now is for Diego to come up with a perfectly oriented suggested formation.

Bruno's obviosuly got to play through this, we don't have a choice. What would help is Joe got his act together again, we'd had both of them drop off form and completely lost control in midfield. 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, The Fish said:

Isak Wilson

sorry but it still deserves a straight 

Go France GIF by FIFA

• Haha 2

We've been incredible at home all season, even played well in the games we have lost. Even if Brighton play as well as they did against Arsenal we should have the edge, going to be squeeky bum tough this. I think it might come down to somebody coming up with a special moment or two in an otherwise evenly contested game. Isak, Wilson, Joe, Trippier even Willock. This is the time to put your first marker down in toon folklore. I'd add Bruno to that list but he's not had his shooting boots on for a long while now. 

I don't know how Howe decides between Isak or Wilson or whether to start them together again. Wilson has been relentless in front of goal but Isak offers more overall and he has that create something out of nothing x-factor about him. If Murphy is fit I expect him to start. Don't see Eddie taking a punt on ASM at this stage other than another 15 min sub appearance. He can't be trusted over 90 minutes.  Is there any word on Longstaff? 

Edited by aimaad22

In an ideal world we set up like this:

——————--—Pope

Trippier—--Schar-Botman—-Burn

——Longstaff—Bruno—Willock

Murphy————-Isak———Joe

If Murphy and Longstaff don’t make it, I’d go:

—————--—Pope

Trippier—--Schar-Botman—-Burn

————Joe—Bruno—Willock

Miggy————-Isak———ASM