Eddie's Glorious Champions League-bound Mags vs De Zerbi's Stuttering South Coast Soft Shites

Gemmill

5 minutes ago, Renton said:

I don't know how these things are decided but I guess if it's not a direct CoI with one of the teams playing it's pretty difficult to manage. 

Oh aye tbf I forgot for a second we're actually playing Brighton. Anytime VAR/refs come up it feels like you're directly up against Liverpool ffs

Apparently Howard Webb was on TalkSport defending VAR.  Goldstein read out who had benefitted most from VAR and it was Brentford first followed by......................Liverpool.  Apparently Webb was saying its not biased blah blah.  Someone said the VAR refs have a hard job to do.  Get the fuck off man.

4 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Apparently Howard Webb was on TalkSport defending VAR.  Goldstein read out who had benefitted most from VAR and it was Brentford first followed by......................Liverpool.  Apparently Webb was saying its not biased blah blah.  Someone said the VAR refs have a hard job to do.  Get the fuck off man.

And the other alternatives, like VAR not currently being fit for purpose and the officials implementing it being incompetent isn’t much better. 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, aimaad22 said:

:lol: All this needs now is for Diego to come up with a perfectly oriented suggested formation.

Bruno's obviosuly got to play through this, we don't have a choice. What would help is Joe got his act together again, we'd had both of them drop off form and completely lost control in midfield. 

Joelinton has still been playing his game, which is more free roaming. It works around the structure of Longstaff and Bruno, but when Joe Willock comes in instead of Sean we suddenly have two midfield players who both like to push forward (often down the left). The result is that there's more open space in our midfield for our opposition to attack into. Add to that that Bruno has been off the pace recently with his persistent ankle problem and our defense is being called on more regularly than they were earlier in the season. This is why we've conceded more. We don't have another player like Longstaff really. I just haven't seen it from Anderson and expecting Willock or Joe to change their style of play and positioning at this stage of the season is a big ask. If we had other reliable options at right back I wouldn't mind seeing how Trippier went in that Longstaff role but I don't fancy the risk of bringing in match shy Manquillo or Targett on the wrong side.

• Like 5

I do agree with that, no doubt we've lost shape with Longstaff's absence. But Joe's also been making more unforced errors like the horrendous tackle against Leeds. Tells you there's mental and physical fatigue there. You could of course still argue being out of position can lead to getting sucked into such mistakes, I think he's been at his best for us down the left. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, OTF said:

I wouldn't mind seeing how Trippier went in that Longstaff role but I don't fancy the risk of bringing in match shy Manquillo or Targett on the wrong side.

This is actually a cracking idea, especially considering Trips generally tucks into the DM role when the ball is going down our left. I wouldn't be worried about Maniquillo with Trips in DM as he would keep him in check. 

It would also mean we could revert to the tried and true Joe and Jo down the left together to tear the opposition apart. Start Isak up front, Wilson off the bench and keep adding to our impressive GD.

42 minutes ago, sammynb said:

This is actually a cracking idea, especially considering Trips generally tucks into the DM role when the ball is going down our left. I wouldn't be worried about Maniquillo with Trips in DM as he would keep him in check. 

It would also mean we could revert to the tried and true Joe and Jo down the left together to tear the opposition apart. Start Isak up front, Wilson off the bench and keep adding to our impressive GD.

You've convinced me, now just have to win over Eddie.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, ewerk said:

On a related note, Klopp was charged with slagging off the ref two weeks ago and we haven't heard a dickie bird about the outcome. Are they going to leave it until the end of season before slapping him with a suspension?

He's behind Toney in the queue

• Haha 2

Yeah, we’re not going to be experimenting with trippier at DM and manquillo at RB at this stage of the season. 

Edited by Dr Gloom

So far we’ve had

- drop Bruno 

- Play 5-3-2

- play Almiron CM

- throw in manquillo against Mitoma

- play trippier in Longstaff role in DM

Either you lot are crumbling under pressure or you’ve been smoking crack.

Edited by Holden McGroin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 13

22 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

So far we’ve had

- drop Bruno 

- Play 5-3-2

- play Almiron CM

I'd be happy enough with just letting someone else take the corners at this stage.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Holden McGroin said:

So far we’ve had

- drop Bruno 

- Play 5-3-2

- play Almiron CM

puff, puff, give - yeah?

image.gif.297ca3fd755bcb4d4a367fa724d3447d.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Holden McGroin said:

So far we’ve had

- drop Bruno 

- Play 5-3-2

- play Almiron CM

Darlow in the middle, Isak at the back, Botman in attack...

• Haha 2