Eddie's Glorious Champions League-bound Mags vs De Zerbi's Stuttering South Coast Soft Shites

Gemmill

44 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Scouser in the office already banging on. 'We will win all of our remaining games so will Man Utd'

FUCK OFF YOU GINGER CUNT

Push a wall onto the cunt

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

Scouser in the office already banging on. 'We will win all of our remaining games so will Man Utd'

FUCK OFF YOU GINGER CUNT

I'd would genuinely be more pissed off about Liverpool getting champs league than us missing out I hate the cunts so much

Back pre League Cup final when we were asking Cup or top4 my choice was Top4 if Liverpool come 5th

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ewerk said:

To not qualify at this stage with the fixtures we have left and the season we've had so far would be a massive disappointment. It would make a huge difference to the club in terms of finance and the standard of player we could attract. I'd have bitten your hand off for fifth back in August but as the situation has changed so have my hopes and expectations.

Though for a bit of perspective it's only 15 months since this.

• Haha 6

Looking back just over 19 months ago we were the butt of everyone's jokes. We were helpless to do anything but watch as the club was on course for certain relegation & would still have been down now. The way this club has been turned around in those 19 months is brilliant. Nobody could have dreamed we be were we are now. I think tonight it'll be a duel effort as the team lift the crowd at SJP the crowd will carry the team. If we achieve Champions League we will be linked with all the top class players rather than scratching around in the bargain basement. One more big push tonight will edge us closer to that we'll deserved CL spot. Deserved for the club, manager, players & the fans. Howay The Lads 

Edited by trooper
  • Like 11

10 minutes ago, trooper said:

Looking back just over 19 months ago we were the butt of everyone's jokes. We were helpless to do anything but watch as the club was on course for certain relegation & would still have been down now. The way this club has been turned around in those 19 months is brilliant. Nobody could have dreamed we be were we are now. I think tonight it'll be a duel effort as the team lift the crowd at SJP the crowd will carry the team. If we achieve Champions League we will be linked with all the top class players rather than scratching around in the bargain basement. One more big push tonight will edge us closer to that we'll deserved CL spot. Deserved for the club, manager, players & the fans. Howay The Lads 

steve-bruce-knobtouch.gif

• Haha 6

3 hours ago, OTF said:

Yeah yeah Rayvin...

🙄

Oh Gloomy it's you.

What is this meant to mean exactly :lol:

I'll be gutted if we miss out on CL now btw as more than anything it'll underline that the old issue of this club being more associated with glorious failure than actual glory will still be intact.

I won't blame anyone but let's be serious about it, if we fuck it up now it's because we've choked.

We're not going to fuck it up though. We are a good fucking team that is really motivated to achieve what it has to do here. Weve been top 4 most of the season. Brighton are not a better team than we are.

Also I watched Brighton's prematch presser and they sound stretched thin themselves.

• Like 1

“Choking” and “bottled it” are fuckin bullshit phrases for what we might succumb to, I’m not having that nonsense for a second. We might fall at the last hurdle due to our squad being short on quality, eg Dan Burn at left back and the line being led by Chris Wood for half a season. If we fail it’s due to draws in September/Oct and the post World Cup dip. Arsenal  are likely to finish 10 points ahead of their “Invincible” season too. So fuckin stop it, all of you 😡

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

“Choking” and “bottled it” are fuckin bullshit phrases for what we might succumb to, I’m not having that nonsense for a second. We might fall at the last hurdle due to our squad being short on quality, eg Dan Burn at left back and the line being led by Chris Wood for half a season. If we fail it’s due to draws in September/Oct and the post World Cup dip. Arsenal  are likely to finish 10 points ahead of their “Invincible” season too. So fuckin stop it, all of you 😡

You reckon?

For us to lose it from here I think it would represent our worst run of form all season - we are definitely capable of doing what we need to here. I'm also thinking about how we struggled mentally with the League Cup final which Howe himself referenced in his press conference. I'm not saying that this means the players have failed or that we should be disappointed in them, but if mental fragility is the cause of us wobbling out of this, we should be collectively man enough to own that so we can work on it.

I take the point that the league position represents form across a whole season, but nonetheless this is in our control as of right now, with 3 games we are absolutely capable of winning given the form we were in pre-Arsenal.

I'm still very confident that we're going to manage it incidentally - and when we do, I'll be lauding the players for their mental fortitude.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Aye its been a cracking season. A CL spot would be the icing on the cake 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

You reckon?

For us to lose it from here I think it would represent our worst run of form all season - we are definitely capable of doing what we need to here. I'm also thinking about how we struggled mentally with the League Cup final which Howe himself referenced in his press conference. I'm not saying that this means the players have failed or that we should be disappointed in them, but if mental fragility is the cause of us wobbling out of this, we should be collectively man enough to own that so we can work on it.

I take the point that the league position represents form across a whole season, but nonetheless this is in our control as of right now, with 3 games we are absolutely capable of winning given the form we were in pre-Arsenal.

I'm still very confident that we're going to manage it incidentally - and when we do, I'll be lauding the players for their mental fortitude.

I love you man :lol: you started out defending your position and by the end you’ve almost  talked yourself out of it :D 

Choke/bottle are basically ridiculous simplistic phrases to describe nearly 10 months of football. I think we did show good mental strength on Saturday despite out best player playing on one leg after being assaulted in the first 15mims and his accomplice being out injured. I think we’ll do it but am not that bothered if we don’t. There is a large constituency of aboriginal Mags ie “fond of a walkabout” who would prefer Europa football just for the variety of off the beaten track places we might end up on away legs…heart says “YES!” to that but heed says “MADRID/MILAN/MUNICH” etc…. :good: 

4 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

I love you man :lol: you started out defending your position and by the end you’ve almost  talked yourself out of it :D 

Choke/bottle are basically ridiculous simplistic phrases to describe nearly 10 months of football. I think we did show good mental strength on Saturday despite out best player playing on one leg after being assaulted in the first 15mims and his accomplice being out injured. I think we’ll do it but am not that bothered if we don’t. There is a large constituency of aboriginal Mags ie “fond of a walkabout” who would prefer Europa football just for the variety of off the beaten track places we might end up on away legs…heart says “YES!” to that but heed says “MADRID/MILAN/MUNICH” etc…. :good: 

I just try to be balanced and to charitably give time to the viewpoints I'm contending with tbf - I mean to do anything otherwise would be to assume I'm unerringly right about everything and can never change or evolve my views :lol: I think it's a good thing to be like this...

I do agree that we've continued to play well and are being stretched with fitness anyway - that we've continued to play well is the prime reason I still think we're going to be fine and that we haven't choked.

I suppose if we continued to play as ferociously as we have, and still failed, I would concede that we hadn't choked.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

We'd be there already if we hadn't been cheated at anfield. #fuckingscousehateobsessed

If Liverpool finish top four and we don’t  (Man Utd stand a chance of not making it too) by a point or GD you just know the narrative will be about that game 🤮

52 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

We'd be there already if we hadn't been cheated at anfield. #fuckingscousehateobsessed

Palace at home was even worse. That would see us on 68 points and well and truly in the driving seat. It’s why they need to stamp out the complete incompetence of the refs as actual seasons are being defined off the back of their decisions. Their actions could have already had dire consequences at the bottom

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Palace at home was even worse. That would see us on 68 points and well and truly in the driving seat. It’s why they need to stamp out the complete incompetence of the refs as actual seasons are being defined off the back of their decisions. Their actions could have already had dire consequences at the bottom

The Liverpool and Palace games were 9 months ago.

If we don't make it into the top 4, it won't be because of those decisions.

Just now, ackas said:

The Liverpool and Palace games were 9 months ago.

If we don't make it into the top 4, it won't be because of those decisions.

Point is we dominated both games 

we didn’t dominate Villa away, Arsenal at home and Leeds away 

Refs affected the results at Anfield and at home to Palace, when they occurred in the season is irrelevant 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 3