Shearers Testimonial

Scottish Mag

Is it just me that is left cold by these testimonials?

Yes, a lot of money will be going to cheriddy but the concept of these games just doesn't appeal to me what-so-ever. I hope, however, that those who are going have a good night though.

Hope Keane plays and he and Shearer get to grips with each other. Now THAT would be worth seeing :lol:

109971[/snapback]

I liked the old style testimonial where it was played as a bit of a laugh. The problem I've seen from testimonials lately is that they're too competitive. Celtic took Pedro's FAR too seriously. It's a bit of fun ffs!

109986[/snapback]

Do you remember Stuart Pearce's for Forest, back when Keegan was our manager?

Both Keegan & Terry Mac came on as subs (Keegan scored a penalty I think), and Mark Crossely (Forest keeper) was replaced at half time, only to come back on as a striker and scored! 6-5 to Pyscho & co, that's what a testimonial should be like.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried to order mine online a week or two ago and it was knackered.  When they iron out the problems it's gonna be good though - not worth being on the direct debit scheme when they've got something handy like that instead.

109967[/snapback]

I'll still stick up for the direct debit scheme. I joined it because I used to forget to apply rather than not be arsed, so the t'internet would make no difference. Except I'd curse myself more for forgetting.

109983[/snapback]

I'm on the direct debit scheme an'all but with internet access at work and at home I just think it's less likely that I'd forget to apply. Even though it's hardly any effort at all, the stamped addressed envelope and filling in that form always seemed like such hard work. :lol:

Yes, a lot of money will be going to cheriddy but the concept of these games just doesn't appeal to me what-so-ever. I hope, however, that those who are going have a good night though.

Hope Keane plays and he and Shearer get to grips with each other. Now THAT would be worth seeing :lol:

109971[/snapback]

I liked the old style testimonial where it was played as a bit of a laugh. The problem I've seen from testimonials lately is that they're too competitive. Celtic took Pedro's FAR too seriously. It's a bit of fun ffs!

109986[/snapback]

Do you remember Stuart Pearce's for Forest, back when Keegan was our manager?

Both Keegan & Terry Mac came on as subs (Keegan scored a penalty I think), and Mark Crossely (Forest keeper) was replaced at half time, only to come back on as a striker and scored! 6-5 to Pyscho & co, that's what a testimonial should be like.

109992[/snapback]

Exactly! I remember John Anderson had a 'Celeb Match' before his that was canny funny, Roy Chubby Brown was in goal for one team I believe.

You're right about Pedro's like SLP. Class moment though when Shearer got the pen then Pedro missed it, only for it to be re-taken.

Even though it's hardly any effort at all, the stamped addressed envelope and filling in that form always seemed like such hard work. ;)

109995[/snapback]

Such hard work that you don't actually remember to send the SAE and then nearly shit yourself when you think you're not going to get your ticket :lol:

Even though it's hardly any effort at all, the stamped addressed envelope and filling in that form always seemed like such hard work. :icon_lol:

109995[/snapback]

Such hard work that you don't actually remember to send the SAE and then nearly shit yourself when you think you're not going to get your ticket :lol:

110048[/snapback]

Zip it beehatch! ;);)

Even though it's hardly any effort at all, the stamped addressed envelope and filling in that form always seemed like such hard work. ;)

109995[/snapback]

110048[/snapback]

To be fair, I think we've all done that. Don't deny it woman!

109995[/snapback]

110048[/snapback]

To be fair, I think we've all done that. Don't deny it woman!

110060[/snapback]

I've never done it. Scouts honour ;)

00086307-E6CD-1423-96420C01AC1BF814.jpg

I have nothing to say about this photo apart from  :lol:  ;)  ;) for some reason.

110103[/snapback]

Man of the people © :icon_lol:

Shereena and Gav (pictured) offered this insight into the great man:

"Aye, Shearah were deed canny like....he takked to wu for almost a minnit an then he got in a geet big murter and left us....laughin as he sped away! He wuz just doon to earth. Like us.

Canny!"

I have nothing to say about this photo apart from  :lol:  ;)  ;) for some reason.

110103[/snapback]

"Aye, Shearah were deed canny like....he takked to wu for almost a minnit an then he got in a geet big murter and left us....laughin as he sped away! He wuz just doon to earth. Like us.

Canny!"

110170[/snapback]

:icon_lol:

Jesus wept.

110103[/snapback]

Canny!"

110170[/snapback]

Yorkshire couple were they? :icon_lol:

110103[/snapback]

Canny!"

110170[/snapback]

Yorkshire couple were they? :icon_lol:

110179[/snapback]

:icon_lol::icon_lol:

Och aye! :icon_lol:

Hope Keane plays and he and Shearer get to grips with each other. Now THAT would be worth seeing :)

109971[/snapback]

109986[/snapback]

Indeed...

I still remember Kenny Wharton's testimonial when KK got knackered half-way through, took his shirt off, handed it to some bloke in the front row and sat down in his seat! :)

Aye, he's been class. Sven would be a fool not to take him instead of Crouch.

This made me laugh also:

"just came over this article..."

Too much information there laddy.

Edited by GafferTape