Eddie's RELENTLESSLY Pressing Champions League-bound Mags vs Dean Smith's Soft-Centre Championship-bound Foxes

Gemmill

That was a frustrating game to be at but once we hit the post a THIRD time, I was more than happy to get a point. Full time was an outpouring of relief, joy and outright euphoria once Howe dropped his guard and gave it five nowt to the Leazes. I had a feeling after we twatted Spurs that we would do it but to actually wrap it up is incredible. Eddie Howe is bringing us silverware eventually. Bring on the “elite” and let’s bloody their fucking noses as well 

• Like 6

6 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

I kinda want Everton to win now :lol: 

nonono.gif.f7478aa1ee38be39368d0702e3aaa24f.gif

6 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Sven, you'll see AC in Italy lad.  Fucking smash em.

Maybe he will score this time :smile:

6 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Absolute precision bribe to get Castagne to just put that one close enough to Pope to save it. Whoever is sorting these bribes out is earning his money.

Clearly not Shola then 

Well, I’ll have a good read of this thread when I’m fully awake but fuck me, that game summed up why Team pampers has been right all along. So nearly typical fucking Newcastle throwing away something special but for Nick Pope.

At last I can muster a genuine fucking sausage.

Atmosphere was tremendous all game and the after match celebrations were wonderful. Loved Eddies and Grahams Klopesque fist pumps to the Leazes. Grandson also got Miggys autograph so that was very special.

First time in years I’ve been in the main East Stand and it’s a bit odd. Not sure what’s going on in the bogs :lol: I gave it a go, but no luck.

IMG_3775.thumb.jpeg.d4d10e8ee70890833a02f3c36227bb62.jpeg

First time I think I’ve been under the surfer flag as well :) 

Anyway, thank fuck we’ve done it, we can now enjoy the summer, all the crazy transfer speculation and the big money sponsorship deals. Bring it all on.

:nufc:

• Haha 7

15 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

First time in years I’ve been in the main East Stand and it’s a bit odd. Not sure what’s going on in the bogs :lol: I gave the glory hole a go, but no fuck.

IMG_3775.thumb.jpeg.d4d10e8ee70890833a02f3c36227bb62.jpeg

image.gif.ac507ef0ef74b158e5953aaec95bbbd9.gif

• Haha 4

20 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

First time I think I’ve been under the surfer flag as well :) 

One piece of advice, if you pack in the paddle board for a surf board, you go above the board not under it. Flags are different.

• Haha 3

Was.the strangest game ever last night. Thank fuck we'd already done the hard work and didn't need a result. I wasn't stressed at the end because in truth even a loss was enough. I took this snap shot of sky after an extended period of time where there were 21 players playing in one end of the pitch. Never seen stats like this.

Screenshot_20230522_214357_Scores.thumb.jpg.d23cea805d21884d17afbf825d24359c.jpg

Only one match left then 11 weeks of football withdrawal for me. Transfer talk doesn't interest me much. I wish football was played in the summer with a winter break personally. 

Well done Eddie, well done rhe team. The good times are back! :nufc:

• Like 6

Nice to have done it with a game to spare. It’s going to be a very interesting summer now we can offer any potential additions Champions League football. Once we beat Brighton and Liverpool dropped points it was a virtual certainty but I’m not sure I quite believed it. It’s barely sunken in this morning tbh. 18 months ago we were looking absolutely fucked and thinking about how long a season in the championship might set us back. Probably 3 seasons minimum and we’ve crashed into the elite in half that time anyway. I’m absolutely buzzing about the future 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Not sure what’s going on in the bogs :lol: I gave it a go, but no luck.

That brick looks about 2-3 inches thick. 

They won’t have realised you were there. 

• Haha 8

7 minutes ago, Renton said:

Was.the strangest game ever last night. Thank fuck we'd already done the hard work and didn't need a result. I wasn't stressed at the end because in truth even a loss was enough. I took this snap shot of sky after an extended period of time where there were 21 players playing in one end of the pitch. Never seen stats like this.

Screenshot_20230522_214357_Scores.thumb.jpg.d23cea805d21884d17afbf825d24359c.jpg

Only one match left then 11 weeks of football withdrawal for me. Transfer talk doesn't interest me much. I wish football was played in the summer with a winter break personally. 

Well done Eddie, well done rhe team. The good times are back! :nufc:

I said when I saw the line up they were trying to stay in it and pinch a point. It could’ve worked at the death but they deserved to lose with those tactics / that performance, let alone draw.  They’re now relying on beating West Ham and Everton failing to beat Bournemouth at home. Smith was such a strange appointment for them as well.  

6 minutes ago, Alex said:

I said when I saw the line up they were trying to stay in it and pinch a point. It could’ve worked at the death but they deserved to lose with those tactics / that performance, let alone draw.  They’re now relying on beating West Ham and Everton failing to beat Bournemouth at home. Smith was such a strange appointment for them as well.  

They were very weird tactics given their predicament. You could forgive them trying to stay in it for 60 minutes then having a go in the last 20-30. But to defend like that all game and only venture forward with five minutes to go was strange. 

To be fair to Leicester though they executed their weird game plan very well. Reminded me of us away from home under Rafa. They all grafted, stayed in shape throughout and restricted us to few chances. We made a ridiculous number of sideways passes out wide because it was so congested in the middle. 

I can see more teams setting up against us at sjp like that next season. It’s been our biggest struggle this season really: struggling to break down sides that sit back with 11 behind the ball. Underscores the need to try to recruit a new creative midfielder in the summer. 

• Like 2