Fabian Schar

wykikitoon

Can't believe we don't have a thread on him!

Anyways just seen this

Fabian Schar talking to the Swiss media during his time off:

"For me, this has been the best and most beautiful season of my entire career. I have never felt more comfortable in a place than in Newcastle. The co-operation in the team and with the coaching staff is unprecedented...

If you think about where we were a few years ago, no one would have believed us capable of such a path. The fans are in seventh heaven – and so are we, of course.

It’s unbelievable that we were able to maintain our pace for a whole season in this strong league. For almost 15 years there have only been two teams outside of the top 6 to reach the Champions League – Leicester and us. Knowing that is good. To have prevailed over 38 games against these competitors can hardly be overestimated."

• Like 4

From everything we've seen he seems like a pretty stoic, quiet guy, so it's nice to see him expressing himself in regard to the pride he feels for the teams achievements last season, and the togetherness of the squad and coaching staff. 

Edited by Polarboy
  • Like 4

• 4 months later...

I love how Ohhh_yeah has spent all night on Getty Images :lol:

Schar cant half fucking strike a ball.  He cost us £4m FFS.  That's fuck all and is one of the better defenders in the league!

• Like 5

I always thought there was a in player in him under Bruce. He wasn't even making the squads at one point.

Its amazing how some of these players have flourished under Howe. What a coach. He gets every last drop out of them.

• Like 4

he's always been able to play it out from the back and hit a long range shot, but he's played second fiddle a bit since botman came in. nice to see him step up as the main CB since lascalles came back into the side. not to denigrate anything lascelles has done - he's been much much better than i anticipated - but he can't start attacks like schar can. share put in the motm performance from him last night for me, amid stiff competition with bruno, longstaff, miggy and lascelles running him close. 

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, aimaad22 said:

That's swiftly become one of my all time favorite goals; the tackle, the one-two, the curling finish to beat Donnarumma and all on this night. 

Jan Böhmermann Reaction GIF by ZDF Magazin Royale

There is nothing better than a last minute thunderbastard into the top corner. 

• Haha 2

• 5 weeks later...
On 05/10/2023 at 07:38, wykikitoon said:

I love how Ohhh_yeah has spent all night on Getty Images :lol:

Schar cant half fucking strike a ball.  He cost us £4m FFS.  That's fuck all and is one of the better defenders in the league!

His opening words in this snippet of an interview sums it up perfectly. What a man.