Glitter jailed for 3 years (but now heading back)

catmag

I can't see how that would be fair when we deport criminals and immigrants by the bucketload.

Figures?

I have none whatsoever. Just a bit of hyperbole.

Yes, considering we can't even deport to Italy after a murder in all instances, I think "bucketloads" is a little ambitious.

What's that referring to? Story must have passed my by.

UK deportations..

'97 - 5,600

'98 - 4,580

'99 - 1,785

'00 - 2,525

'01 - 625

That's a bucketload to me.

Source?

Is that criminals deported? Or total deportations? And compared to immigration at the time? And were none deported from 2002 onward? :D

http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/rds/pdfs2/hosb1102.pdf

Total deportations initiated,

That's for everyone then, most will be asylum/illegal immigration. So it'll be less than 1% of total immigration figures.

but then that's what I referred to when I said bucketloads.

So were you lying when you said:

"I have none whatsoever. Just a bit of hyperbole." A double bluff? :angry:

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever happens, the NOTW will LOVE it if he's sent back here. Keep them gannin for months.

I'm sure The Daily Mail are moist with pre-cum too.

I can't see how that would be fair when we deport criminals and immigrants by the bucketload.

Figures?

Yes, considering we can't even deport to Italy after a murder in all instances, I think "bucketloads" is a little ambitious.

UK deportations..

'97 - 5,600

'98 - 4,580

'99 - 1,785

'00 - 2,525

'01 - 625

Source?

Is that criminals deported? Or total deportations? And compared to immigration at the time? And were none deported from 2002 onward? :D

That's for everyone then, most will be asylum/illegal immigration. So it'll be less than 1% of total immigration figures.

"I have none whatsoever. Just a bit of hyperbole." A double bluff? :angry:

I just couldn't be arsed with one of your bullshit arguments, so tried to nip it in the bud by taking the self-depreciating side street where you could feel happy with yourself, that you'd 'won'.

But like a dog with a bone you STILL couldn't just let it go.

Just forget it. I couldn't give a shit.

Am I missing something?

Why the fuck do we want him to come back? I personally would hope he rotted in the Bangkok Hilton for the rest of his days.

So we can put the cunt before the firing squad and do precisely what those soft bastards in Singapore failed to do :D

In reality I suppose it's because he's a British Citizen still and it is therefore our responsibility to ensure he doesn't get up to his sick antics any more. Stupid, I know... :angry:

I just couldn't be arsed with one of your bullshit arguments, so tried to nip it in the bud by taking the self-depreciating side street where you could feel happy with yourself, that you'd 'won'.

So you're wrong, lying and pissed off. Does this mean I get to come in with a broom displayed on the mast? :D

I tell you what... the man is an absolute cunt for what he has done, more so for the total lack of remorse he has shown for his actions, but the whole transfer back to Blighty has been totally mis-managed.

He should have been stuck on a plane with no mention of who he was or what he'd done and leave it at that. They've announced he's going on a plane and lo and behold, the majority of people on there are the fucking press. I doubt anyone would want a however many hours trip it is back from Bangkok with a camera being shoved in their face every couple of minutes.

So you're wrong, lying and pissed off. Does this mean I get to come in with a broom displayed on the mast? :angry:

Honestly man :D

I doubt anyone would want a however many hours trip it is back from Bangkok with a camera being shoved in their face every couple of minutes.

Don't think anyone cares if he's put out a bit by a couple of pictures

considering the pictures he had, i think the ones that he might have to put up with being taken are a small price to pay

Nice selective quoting there. That's hardly the point Craig was making, is it?

I doubt anyone would want a however many hours trip it is back from Bangkok with a camera being shoved in their face every couple of minutes.

Don't think anyone cares if he's put out a bit by a couple of pictures

considering the pictures he had, i think the ones that he might have to put up with being taken are a small price to pay

Nice selective quoting there. That's hardly the point Craig was making, is it?

Precisely...

I'm talking about his basic (and I emphasise that word) human rights. It's accepted that he's scum, we're well aware that and it was made clear that Singapore were going to deport him as soon as he was released and that he'd be on his way back to Blighty... So why the need for the press to descend on him like a pack of wolves?

Besides all that, who is really desperate to get a photo of him anyway?

Precisely...

I'm talking about his basic (and I emphasise that word) human rights. It's accepted that he's scum, we're well aware that and it was made clear that Singapore were going to deport him as soon as he was released and that he'd be on his way back to Blighty... So why the need for the press to descend on him like a pack of wolves?

Nono i get your point, it was mismanaged and exposed to the press i understand that it was badly handled, bad government etcetc i agree with that.

I simply was making the point that I and i'd prob be safe to guess that the vast majority of normal folk don't care about a convicted padeophiles basic human rights, he's lucky it's only a plane full of press looking to make some cash from a photo.

Frankly i'd like nothing better to have opened the paper and seen that some nutter on the plane at went at him with a plastic fork and caused some damage, pictures of him don't interest me, esp pictures of him dozing on a plane

pictures of him getting the crap kicked out of him i might have a nosey at.

Jesus, the fucking irony man.

Precisely...

Nono i get your point, it was mismanaged and exposed to the press i understand that it was badly handled, bad government etcetc i agree with that.

I simply was making the point that I and i'd prob be safe to guess that the vast majority of normal folk don't care about a convicted padeophiles basic human rights, he's lucky it's only a plane full of press looking to make some cash from a photo.

Frankly i'd like nothing better to have opened the paper and seen that some nutter on the plane at went at him with a plastic fork and caused some damage, pictures of him don't interest me, esp pictures of him dozing on a plane

Not really that ironic, it might be ironic if it was a kid doing it to a full grown man

you trying to say you wouldn't be a tad pleased if you seen gary glitter or any convicted padeo like him had been assaulted?

sorry no sympathy for him, should be repeatedly taken to an inch of his life and healed up again, rinse repeat

Not what I meant, never mind.

Precisely...

No fucking wonder the country is in the state it's in these days is it? Whatever happened to two wrongs don't make a right and all that?

Ant, I bet you'd have been at the front line of all those vigilantes who were trying to hound out the paedos a few years back, wouldn't you? :huh:

The bloke doesn't deserve any press attention what-so-ever if you ask me (good or bad).

So you're wrong, lying and pissed off. Does this mean I get to come in with a broom displayed on the mast? :(

Honestly man :huh:

See my sig. :lol:

No fucking wonder the country is in the state it's in these days is it? Whatever happened to two wrongs don't make a right and all that?

Ant, I bet you'd have been at the front line of all those vigilantes who were trying to hound out the paedos a few years back, wouldn't you? :huh:

The bloke doesn't deserve any press attention what-so-ever if you ask me (good or bad).

I don't actually know what they are going to do with him in this country. They are probably going to end up putting a 24 hour protection detail on him as he's such a high profile.

Loads of people just love sleazy gossip iyam and that's basically what this whole storm over Glitter is all about. The press are loving it and so are those who lap that shit up. That's what does my head in about this. Not in the least bit concerned about this bloke, beyond hoping he never gets to harm children again. But this is almost forcing him to disappear which surely makes that a lot more likely.

Loads of people just love sleazy gossip iyam and that's basically what this whole storm over Glitter is all about. The press are loving it and so are those who lap that shit up. That's what does my head in about this. Not in the least bit concerned about this bloke, beyond hoping he never gets to harm children again. But this is almost forcing him to disappear which surely makes that a lot more likely.

He'll probably be in the next series of Big Brother, win-win for all. :huh:

He'll probably be in the next series of Big Brother, win-win for all. :lol:

You'll be watching and you know it :huh:

Figures?

UK deportations..

'97 - 5,600

'98 - 4,580

'99 - 1,785

'00 - 2,525

'01 - 625

Source?

Is that criminals deported? Or total deportations? And compared to immigration at the time? And were none deported from 2002 onward? :huh:

"I have none whatsoever. Just a bit of hyperbole." A double bluff? :lol:

Let it lie. [reeevesandmortimer/]

He'll probably be in the next series of Big Brother, win-win for all. :(

You'll be watching and you know it :huh:

I actually might watch it if they did. Morphing it slightly into "Running Man" is the only solution. :lol: