Glitter jailed for 3 years (but now heading back)

catmag

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't they just put him in prison where he's not hurting anyone? :D

Has this post been in the ether for a few years?

Well I know he's been in prison but if he gets to the UK he will probably just get murdered surely?

Well I know he's been in prison but if he gets to the UK he will probably just get murdered surely?

That will be a fun thread when that happens :angry:

That will be a fun thread when that happens :angry:

:icon_lol:

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh shit

Fop explodes!

Why? :angry:

Edited by Fop

Fop explodes!

Why? :angry:

Locking someone up when they've not been found guilty of a crime in this country? (even though we all know hes scum)

Fop explodes!

Why? :icon_lol:

Locking someone up when they've not been found guilty of a crime in this country? (even though we all know hes scum)

He was found guilty of a crime in this country, just not this specific one.

I must admit though I do enjoy the irony in a lot of these threads, paedophiles turn the most usually Guardian-esq into the the Daily Mail. :angry:

I can't see how that would be fair when we deport criminals and immigrants by the bucketload.

Figures?

I have none whatsoever. Just a bit of hyperbole.

Yes, considering we can't even deport to Italy after a murder in all instances, I think "bucketloads" is a little ambitious.

Fop explodes!

Why? :icon_lol:

He was found guilty of a crime in this country, just not this specific one.

I must admit though I do enjoy the irony in a lot of these threads, paedophiles turn the most usually Guardian-esq into the the Daily Mail. :angry:

I think the reason people feel that was is that paedophiles arent criminals like burglars or even murderers, they have these urges which cant be turned on and off therefore, Glitter will always have a fancy for young kids whether hes here, there or somewhere totally different. The only sure way to stop a paedophile committing more acts is for them to restrain themselves, Glitter has clearly shown he cant do that.

I think the reason people feel that was is that paedophiles arent criminals like burglars or even murderers, they have these urges which cant be turned on and off therefore, Glitter will always have a fancy for young kids whether hes here, there or somewhere totally different. The only sure way to stop a paedophile committing more acts is for them to restrain themselves, Glitter has clearly shown he cant do that.

It's an interesting debate, although scarily if you go back 100 years (or just a couple of thousand miles today) you could have had a very similar one about homosexuality.

Surely castration would do the trick?

:D

It's an interesting debate, although scarily if you go back 100 years (or just a couple of thousand miles today) you could have had a very similar one about homosexuality.

Surely castration would do the trick?

:D

No seriously.

I know it - in a slight 'Clockwork Orange' fashion - removes the choice but at the end of the day it seems a decent enough option.

At the end of the day it has to be some kind of mental illness so why not remove the choice to harm people?

No seriously.

I know it - in a slight 'Clockwork Orange' fashion - removes the choice but at the end of the day it seems a decent enough option.

At the end of the day it has to be some kind of mental illness so why not remove the choice to harm people?

You'd have to chop off hands and remove voiceboxes and stuff like that too. Possibly also gouge out eyes.

No seriously.

You'd have to chop off hands and remove voiceboxes and stuff like that too. Possibly also gouge out eyes.

That sounds a bit nasty :D

No seriously.

Chemical castration doesn't necessarily remove the urges.

No seriously.

That's what I said. :D

No seriously.

That's what I said. :D

I thought thats what it did?

Oh well.

Tom was wrong. :angry:

I can't see how that would be fair when we deport criminals and immigrants by the bucketload.

Figures?

Yes, considering we can't even deport to Italy after a murder in all instances, I think "bucketloads" is a little ambitious.

What's that referring to? Story must have passed my by.

UK deportations..

'97 - 5,600

'98 - 4,580

'99 - 1,785

'00 - 2,525

'01 - 625

That's a bucketload to me.

Edited by Happy Face

Figures?

UK deportations..

'97 - 5,600

'98 - 4,580

'99 - 1,785

'00 - 2,525

'01 - 625

Source?

Is that criminals deported? Or total deportations? And compared to immigration at the time? And were none deported from 2002 onward? :D

That kid couldn't be deported to Italy because we're all in the EU. You can bet the Italians would have found a way to make him want to leave though.

Figures?

UK deportations..

'97 - 5,600

'98 - 4,580

'99 - 1,785

'00 - 2,525

'01 - 625

Source?

Is that criminals deported? Or total deportations? And compared to immigration at the time? And were none deported from 2002 onward? :D

http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/rds/pdfs2/hosb1102.pdf

Total deportations initiated, but then that's what I referred to when I said bucketloads.