Reading FC Badge

Rob W

Ooooo well sorry for having my local team's badge aaargh  B)  :second:

Reading FC are going up this season, I'll be there tomorrow to see Plymouth get thrashed by the next Ian Wright  ;)

8107[/snapback]

Nope - lack of investment again - you need a decent striker, a good CB and, most of all, some depth in the squad...................

Madjeski has done a lot there but unless he kicks in another £ 10 mill for players you'll be lucky to make the play offs

Ooooo well sorry for having my local team's badge aaargh  :second:  ;)

Reading FC are going up this season, I'll be there tomorrow to see Plymouth get thrashed by the next Ian Wright  ;)

8107[/snapback]

Nope - lack of investment again - you need a decent striker, a good CB and, most of all, some depth in the squad...................

Madjeski has done a lot there but unless he kicks in another £ 10 mill for players you'll be lucky to make the play offs

8111[/snapback]

Decent strikers:

Kitson and Lita, not sure about Doyle as I havent seen him yet.

Reading last season I tihnk conceded the least goals in the league, now they've added Malkin for some experience.

Depth in the squad? Well John Oster has just signed and he can play anywhere in midfield, with Sidwell, Harper, Gunnarson, Hunt (crap but he's there), Little and Convey (not given a fair chance, can only improve hopefully)

I'd love to see Reading promoted, would see premiership football live as opposed to on telly B) And I'd be there watching the toon, trying to get an away seat as I wouldnt be able to wear my toon shirt otherwise ;)

If Kitson stays fit, I think Reading could be looking at automatic promotion, although the league will be much more competitive this season. 6th place minimum, as I can't see them repeating last season' s slump in form.

Ooooo well sorry for having my local team's badge aaargh  :second:  ;)

8107[/snapback]

8111[/snapback]

Decent strikers:

Reading last season I tihnk conceded the least goals in the league, now they've added Malkin for some experience.

Depth in the squad? Well John Oster has just signed and he can play anywhere in midfield, with Sidwell, Harper, Gunnarson, Hunt (crap but he's there), Little and Convey (not given a fair chance, can only improve hopefully)

I'd love to see Reading promoted, would see premiership football live as opposed to on telly B) And I'd be there watching the toon, trying to get an away seat as I wouldnt be able to wear my toon shirt otherwise ;)

If Kitson stays fit, I think Reading could be looking at automatic promotion, although the league will be much more competitive this season. 6th place minimum, as I can't see them repeating last season' s slump in form.

8117[/snapback]

thats what you said last year when they bought the Goat.............

Ooooo well sorry for having my local team's badge aaargh  :P  :P

Reading FC are going up this season, I'll be there tomorrow to see Plymouth get thrashed by the next Ian Wright  B)

8107[/snapback]

8111[/snapback]

Decent strikers:

I'd love to see Reading promoted, would see premiership football live as opposed to on telly ;) And I'd be there watching the toon, trying to get an away seat as I wouldnt be able to wear my toon shirt otherwise :P

8117[/snapback]

thats what you said last year when they bought the Goat.............

8118[/snapback]

Actually he was bought season before I think and most of the reading fans I know were rather sceptical but willing to give him a chance. But then he was playing reserve football for a reason and everyone was narked he was on such high wages when he was too old and crap. ;)

And a few games after the signing, Pardew left. Goater was deemed his 'parting gift'. Coppel comes in, buys Kitson and it's his double that sinks West Ham 2-0 ;) Good player, tracks back alot. Guess that's what comes from playing CB for your local pub team :second:

Serious question Brock.

In January the FA Cup 3rd round is drawn, Reading vs Newcastle. Where would your loyalties lie?

My second team are Sheff Utd but i'd rather NUFC beat them every day.

Serious question Brock.

In January the FA Cup 3rd round is drawn, Reading vs Newcastle. Where would your loyalties lie?

8134[/snapback]

pointless question - he could never get within 5 miles of the ground due to traffic holdups

Ooooo well sorry for having my local team's badge aaargh  :(  :(

Reading FC are going up this season, I'll be there tomorrow to see Plymouth get thrashed by the next Ian Wright  :o

8107[/snapback]

8111[/snapback]

Decent strikers:

I'd love to see Reading promoted, would see premiership football live as opposed to on telly ;) And I'd be there watching the toon, trying to get an away seat as I wouldnt be able to wear my toon shirt otherwise :(

8117[/snapback]

John Oster CANT play anywhere in midfield, hes a right winger, and your missing the point - HES FUCKING SHITE!

Its Makin not Malkin by the way, and although he was superb for us, hes done nowt since.

Dave Kitson is alright but not wont get you the goals to go up. Leeroy Lita is completely unproven.

7th place at best Im afraid.

Serious question Brock.

8134[/snapback]

NUFC without a doubt.

7th DM? Lita today showed he has bags of potential and a goal on the debut isn't bad at all. If the ref knew what he was doing, Reading would have ewon today. :o

Kitson will get the goals so long as he stays fit.

And Convey was class today, actually looked like a footballer for a change ;)

But please can everyone just realise that I have supported NUFC since I was 4 years old, and will continue to do so, and I can;t wait till I can get to SJP again, it's an amazing stadium and I wish I live in Newcastle so I can go there to see my footy more often :(

Elm Park

Should have had a Football League preservation order placed on it.............

8317[/snapback]

Trouble was it wasn't actually in Reading. :o

Oh and the traffic wouldn't bother me if they drew a big name in the cup (like when they played Chelsea the season Roman took over) as I walk to the footy. Live close to the stadium. ;)

Aaah Mariah Carey :(

Elm Park

Should have had a Football League preservation order placed on it.............

8317[/snapback]

Trouble was it wasn't actually in Reading. :o

8321[/snapback]

http://www.elmpark.com/elmpark/

Elm Park, home to Reading FC for 102 years, saw it's last Football League match on 3rd May 1998. The Royals now play at the magnificent Madejski Stadium, but for anyone who used to stand on the South Bank, the club's spiritual home will always be on the Tilehurst Road.

According to my memory it was a fair walk from the station - about a mile - but definitely in Reading.........................

The new ground is almost in Basingstoke ;):(:(:(

poor result as well yesterday Brock

poor result as well yesterday Brock

8491[/snapback]

If you actually bother to look past the score, you'll have seen that another day, another ref it could've easily been 3-0 Reading at least. :(

Plymouth players themselves couldn't believe they'd won.

I dont care, next saturday is when I'll be trying to get to a place where the NUFC game's on. It'll be on sky wont it? ;) Or on radio? Anyone? :o

I doubt you'll see Oster last the year at Reading. Especially if you have a xmas party, he's bound to be sacked for some misdemeanor or other the day after.

I reckon the Royals can make the playoffs, then who knows?

(Try to listen to Newcastle Sunday though Brock mate, if you start listening Saturday you might have a long wait til 1.30 the next day!)

I doubt you'll see Oster last the year at Reading. Especially if you have a xmas party, he's bound to be sacked for some misdemeanor or other the day after.

(Try to listen to Newcastle Sunday though Brock mate, if you start listening Saturday you might have a long wait til 1.30 the next day!)

8554[/snapback]

Playoffs/automatic promotion if lucky. If they finish 6th it'd be good as the past 2 seasons the 6th placed team have gone up (Palace and Wet Sham)

Aye but hopefully Oster is over his 'problems'. I'll corner him on the open day if I can be arsed to go and see if he's still mental. :o

And I didnt understand the latter :( Aw i'm only young. ;)

8554[/snapback]

Playoffs/automatic promotion if lucky. If they finish 6th it'd be good as the past 2 seasons the 6th placed team have gone up (Palace and Wet Sham)

Aye but hopefully Oster is over his 'problems'. I'll corner him on the open day if I can be arsed to go and see if he's still mental. :o

8561[/snapback]

How old are you actually Brock? I thought you were 17/18?

Osters never been "mental" - quite the opposite. Hes a gutless, spineless little shit. Has loads of skill, but never applies himself. This is his 4th club in a year.

Automatic promotion? Your joking surely?

8554[/snapback]

8561[/snapback]

How old are you actually Brock? I thought you were 17/18?

Osters never been "mental" - quite the opposite. Hes a gutless, spineless little shit. Has loads of skill, but never applies himself. This is his 4th club in a year.

Automatic promotion? Your joking surely?

8564[/snapback]

Automatic promotion is possible, last season Reading were up there before they fell apart in Jan (which was due to a thin squad and that Sidwell is crap but for some reason he's an automatic starter. Hope Charlton rekindle their interest). Looking at some of the teams in the league there are several clubs who have a shot at automatic promotion.

I'm 16, but look older as I have the beard.

And I'll admit to never having heard of Oster, just looked at the amount of clubs he's played for and assumed it's because he was of the mental sort.

Reading -  :(

8303[/snapback]

Just because they arent my first team doesnt mean you can be mean about them :o

I remember the days they were shit and had Phil Whitehead in goal....that was paoinful. ;)

8305[/snapback]

Phil Whitehead was quality at Scunny when he was a young lad.