Lord Stevens Inquiry Into Transfers

Ugly Mackems

I don't remember there being anyone else in for those players at the time, either. How have these prices been so inflated with so little interest?

I don't remember there being anyone else in for those players at the time, either.  How have these prices been so inflated with so little interest?

102833[/snapback]

Because football is different to the housing market?

102834[/snapback]

In that interest drives up price, and the 'products' seem to have gone at an inflated price for no good reason? I don't see your point.

I don't remember there being anyone else in for those players at the time, either.  How have these prices been so inflated with so little interest?

102833[/snapback]

Because football is different to the housing market?

102834[/snapback]

In that interest drives up price, and the 'products' seem to have gone at an inflated price for no good reason? I don't see your point.

102835[/snapback]

I'm looking for the hidden meaning in what HTL said, you know, something honest and accurate such as, "Luque is a pile of shite and a waste of money", or "Bellamy and Robert are top players and shouldn't have been engineered out of the club", or "HTL was right all along, Souness is a wanker".

But no, I've given this some concentrated thought for the last few hours and I reckon that what he's saying is that the mods over on N-O aren't in people's pockets.

I don't understand why we paid so much for Boumsong. Fair enough we needed a centre-half but they were desperate for cash. Also, what happened to Shepherd 'not being held to ransom' as was so ofetn the case under Robson?

I don't understand why we paid so much for Boumsong. Fair enough we needed a centre-half but they were desperate for cash. Also, what happened to Shepherd 'not being held to ransom' as was so ofetn the case under Robson?

102839[/snapback]

It may be less a case of conspiracy or fraud and more a case of Souness being taken to the cleaners by his 'best mate'. Souness proved during his tenure at Newcastle that he's one of the thickest people in football, and that's saying something.

If FS thought he was getting a world-class centre-half then 8.5m might not look a lot (for a French International too). In this case I wouldn't lay any blame at his door.

102839[/snapback]

It may be less a case of conspiracy or fraud and more a case of Souness being taken to the cleaners by his 'best mate'. Souness proved during his tenure at Newcastle that he's one of the thickest people in football, and that's saying something.

If FS thought he was getting a world-class centre-half then 8.5m might not look a lot (for a French International too). In this case I wouldn't lay any blame at his door.

102843[/snapback]

I take your point and I'm not having a go at Shepherd purely for the sake of it before Leazes dives in. In the circumstances he probably did think he was getting a good deal, it just seems he didn't quite drive the hard bargain he normally does. Souness could have been feeding him any old shit about how good Boumsong was though.

I take your point and I'm not having a go at Shepherd purely for the sake of it before Leazes dives in. In the circumstances he probably did think he was getting a good deal, it just seems he didn't quite drive the hard bargain he normally does. Souness could have been feeding him any old shit about how good Boumsong was though.

102846[/snapback]

Makes me wonder what the original asking price was! :icon_lol:

102846[/snapback]

Makes me wonder what the original asking price was! :icon_lol:

102848[/snapback]

There was quite a lot of negotiation. Wasn't our original offer about £4.5million?

102846[/snapback]

Makes me wonder what the original asking price was! :(

102848[/snapback]

There was quite a lot of negotiation. Wasn't our original offer about £4.5million?

102851[/snapback]

:icon_lol: I shouldnt laugh, but that would sound about right for us....

102839[/snapback]

102843[/snapback]

102846[/snapback]

meaning there is only one person to blame, right ?