Pre-Reg Car

Ugly Mackems

Well I've got a Toyata Avensis that I want to flog if you're interested. 4 years old, just <30000 miles. Very sound car and will run and run. I'm after a Smart Car for commuting short distances to work.

102926[/snapback]

I'll never be able to take you seriously again! :icon_lol:

102937[/snapback]

Something wrong with this car

103025[/snapback]

From now, take a good look at every SMART car you see and then check out the driver, its a big big fave car among a certain group of the population, not sure how to put this but well ermmmm lets just say Meenzer wouldnt feel out of place driving one :(

103026[/snapback]

Hmmm, food for thought. Perhaps I should stick with Toyota or walk, can't get public transport because it's crap as usual.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm, food for thought. Perhaps I should stick with Toyota or walk, can't get public transport because it's crap as usual.

103027[/snapback]

Agreed, if you're looking for a small, nippy economical sporty looking thing then why not go for a second hand Mazda MX5 or summit like that.......although they're all driven by blonde hairdressers called Sascha...

Wot aboot this one then............  Car2

103036[/snapback]

Now that's a beast, the kind of car that commands respect, so you don't have to. It says brandy in the board room, cheap flings with Brazilian lingerie models and skiing in St Moritz with Chuck Norris; just a shame it doesn't come in hot pink.

103036[/snapback]

Now that's a beast, the kind of car that commands respect, so you don't have to. It says brandy in the board room, cheap flings with Brazilian lingerie models and skiing in St Moritz with Chuck Norris; just a shame it doesn't come in hot pink.

103037[/snapback]

:icon_lol:

103036[/snapback]

103037[/snapback]

pink%20smart%20roadster.jpg

tbh

103036[/snapback]

103037[/snapback]

Been told you can change the colour panels for £100. That means you haven't got to spend the £5 on the weekly car wash, just let the car get dorty and change the panels every 6 months or so., although pink would suit Graeme pretty well.

Looks ok in black, I reckon.

103036[/snapback]

103037[/snapback]

Been told you can change the colour panels for £100. That means you haven't got to spend the £5 on the weekly car wash, just let the car get dorty and change the panels every 6 months or so., although pink would suit Graeme pretty well.

103044[/snapback]

I wouldn't be seen dead in one of those, matey! :icon_lol: Va va vooooooom!

103036[/snapback]

103037[/snapback]

103044[/snapback]

I wouldn't be seen dead in one of those, matey! :( Va va vooooooom!

103049[/snapback]

So you wouldn't do your bit for the future of the planet, Graeme? Over 60mpg ( real mpg ) on short trips, lower emissions and all that stuff. If everybody drove these cars think of how much better it would be for future generations. This is important stuff, Graeme. Much more important than you covering your unfortunate lack of a proper nob with some kind of statement you're making with the car you're driving. Suppose with a ginga nut and acne, as well as the other thing, you've got to try everything. :icon_lol:

Mind you, the flip side is that we'd all end up paying more income tax. The twáts running the country would see revenue drop with less tax coming in from car drivers, less tax from smokers etc etc. They've got to line their thieving pockets somehow.........

Edited by Howaythelads

Mind you, the flip side is that we'd all end up paying more income tax. The twáts running the country would see revenue drop with less tax coming in from car drivers, less tax from smokers etc etc. They've got to line their thieving pockets somehow.........

103054[/snapback]

If you want to save the planet then why dont you get a bike? unlimited MPG, open top motoring and cheap as chips.

103054[/snapback]

If you want to save the planet then why dont you get a bike? unlimited MPG, open top motoring and cheap as chips.

103064[/snapback]

If man was supposed to cycle to work man wouldn't have invented the engine. What would stop me using my car is good public transport.

From what I hear them Smart cars are in big trouble they have 1000s lieing in fields that no one wants.

So if you do go for one then haggle to your hearts content but there is nowt smart about them things  honest.

103079[/snapback]

Joking aside, a Smart isn't a bad car if look for a small city car. It's right that the company is struggling as it made heavy losses in recent years (their head quarters are close to where I live, a friend got sacked as they had to cut jobs). So they stopped the production of the roadster as it wasn't selling very well. No wonder because the car looks shite and isn't very handy (and if you want a small roadster you are in fact better of with a Mazda). If I was going to buy a Smart it would only be the "normal" one.

From what I hear them Smart cars are in big trouble they have 1000s lieing in fields that no one wants.

So if you do go for one then haggle to your hearts content but there is nowt smart about them things  honest.

103079[/snapback]

Joking aside, a Smart isn't a bad car if look for a small city car. It's right that the company is struggling as it made heavy losses in recent years (their head quarters are close to where I live, a friend got sacked as they had to cut jobs). So they stopped the production of the roadster as it wasn't selling very well. No wonder because the car looks shite and isn't very handy (and if you want a small roadster you are in fact better of with a Mazda). If I was going to buy a Smart it would only be the "normal" one.

103100[/snapback]

Probs disagree with you there like, ive got an 1.6 MX5 which is great, but im now being forced to sell it as ive just bought a house and im doing silly miles to work (not 35k a year mind). My sister has a Smart Roadster which ive driven and i think that it is different to the 5, but its got amazing roadholding and is more like driving a go kart than anything else. Its much lower to the ground than the 5. Downside to the Smart is that it has lots of problems with leaking seals and the auto gearbox is too slow.

103079[/snapback]

103100[/snapback]

Probs disagree with you there like, ive got an 1.6 MX5 which is great, but im now being forced to sell it as ive just bought a house and im doing silly miles to work (not 35k a year mind). My sister has a Smart Roadster which ive driven and i think that it is different to the 5, but its got amazing roadholding and is more like driving a go kart than anything else. Its much lower to the ground than the 5. Downside to the Smart is that it has lots of problems with leaking seals and the auto gearbox is too slow.

103748[/snapback]

The problem with Smart Cars is surely that they look like Dyson's tbh. And the Roadsters plight wasnt helped when potteries karaoke legend Robbie Williams bought one.

103079[/snapback]

103100[/snapback]

103748[/snapback]

The problem with Smart Cars is surely that they look like Dyson's tbh. And the Roadsters plight wasnt helped when potteries karaoke legend Robbie Williams bought one.

103760[/snapback]

What's wrong with Dysons? I bought my wife one for her birthday last year, she was thrilled with it and still is. Some great colours. Can't you get someone to buy you one?

103079[/snapback]

103100[/snapback]

103748[/snapback]

103760[/snapback]

What's wrong with Dysons? I bought my wife one for her birthday last year, she was thrilled with it and still is. Some great colours. Can't you get someone to buy you one?

103815[/snapback]

I think Dysons are mint-I own one personally and have nothing but praise for its bagless cyclone technology-it's just that I wouldnt want my car to look like a piece of fucking shit.

103815[/snapback]

Your wife was thrilled with a vacuum cleaner for her birthday?! I'd have chucked it at you! :clapping:

103815[/snapback]

Your wife was thrilled with a vacuum cleaner for her birthday?! I'd have chucked it at you! :clapping:

103828[/snapback]

It's not a vacuum cleaner, man, woman, man........its a fucking DYSON!!!!!!!!

103815[/snapback]

103828[/snapback]

It's not a vacuum cleaner, man, woman, man........its a fucking DYSON!!!!!!!!

103830[/snapback]

You = :nufc:

we got rid of our dyson. have now got some jorman thing called a sebo.

isnt the dyson stuff made in indian sweatshops now?  :clapping:

103833[/snapback]

Indian sweetshops? I doubt it like.

103815[/snapback]

And they say romance is dead.

103815[/snapback]

And they say romance is dead.

103915[/snapback]

It was either the Dyson or a new hi-fi system, built from scratch.