Shearer's replacement

janu

Cant see how you could have Bellamy and Owen alongside each other - too similar players. Theyd be chasing the same balls and they'd be done in the air each time.

Sorry mate, is that a joke?

Owen is an out and out goalscorer like Sheaer, he's just not a big bloke.

Bellamy plays a support role, they're completely different.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think bellamy and owen could work together.

i also think shearer will be replaced despite owen signing. we can't go in to next season with owen, chopra and shola as our only strikers.

i also think shearer will be replaced despite owen signing. we  can't go in to next season with owen, chopra and shola as our only strikers.

103384[/snapback]

You think Owen is going to stay then, Dan?

i also think shearer will be replaced despite owen signing. we  can't go in to next season with owen, chopra and shola as our only strikers.

103384[/snapback]

103391[/snapback]

yes. unless someone comes in with a stupid offer i think he'll stay.

Although it's not essential I think his replacement should be a bit taller (one of the advantages of Ashton but it's not going to happen), gives us more options. (even though Owen is a canny header of the ball).

Cant see how you could have Bellamy and Owen alongside each other - too similar players. Theyd be chasing the same balls and they'd be done in the air each time.

Ade Akinbiyi is scoring some amazing goals at the moment :clapping:

103377[/snapback]

For Owen and Bellamy see Beardsley and Cole. Brilliant partnership, one a creator/goalscorer the other a superb penalty box predator.

103384[/snapback]

We need a partner for Owen without a doubt, because the last manager kicked the perfect one out.

103384[/snapback]

We need a partner for Owen without a doubt, because the last manager kicked the perfect one out.

103401[/snapback]

Time like these when I wish we'd pushed harder to sign Mido, I also think an Owen-Kluivert partenership would have been lethal, shame about the big man's attitude.

103384[/snapback]

103391[/snapback]

103394[/snapback]

What's a stupid offer, Dan? £16m?

103384[/snapback]

103391[/snapback]

103394[/snapback]

What's a stupid offer, Dan? £16m?

103415[/snapback]

If Owen is on fire at the WC, I don’t see why we couldn’t ask for at least £20m…

I think him staying depends on NUFC: 1) getting a great manager 2) qualifying for European football next season 3) showing ambition in the transfer-market

Dave Kitson. Big and strong, good in the air, scores goals. Only problem is he gets alot of injuries (no serious ones though). Better than Ashton.

Dirk Kuyt. Although I haven't seen him play he seems to have quite a reputation.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic. No chance of getting him though.

103309[/snapback]

What a load of rose tinted Reading glasses bollocks.

103324[/snapback]

Bullshit.

Not a replacement for Shearer but i think Jason Roberts would be a good buy, young, strong, quick, chep, a decent partner for owen

103357[/snapback]

He's not young - he's 28! And I doubt he'd be as good at a different club tbh.

103361[/snapback]

I thought he was about 24.

How do you work that one out? :clapping:

103362[/snapback]

You take the date he was born, and the date today, and the answer is the number of years between them.

Not a replacement for Shearer but i think Jason Roberts would be a good buy, young, strong, quick, chep, a decent partner for owen

103357[/snapback]

Good shout...though im slightly biased as Jason Roberts used to play for Torquay on loan from Bristol Rovers. We could do alot worse, infact we are with Shola!!

Dave Kitson. Big and strong, good in the air, scores goals. Only problem is he gets alot of injuries (no serious ones though). Better than Ashton.

Dirk Kuyt. Although I haven't seen him play he seems to have quite a reputation.

103309[/snapback]

103324[/snapback]

Bullshit.

103430[/snapback]

You seriously think Dave Kitson is better than Ashton? Because I only ever hear that from Reading fans.

Billy Sharp is better than both of them :clapping:

103309[/snapback]

103324[/snapback]

Bullshit.

103430[/snapback]

You seriously think Dave Kitson is better than Ashton? Because I only ever hear that from Reading fans.

Billy Sharp is better than both of them :clapping:

103726[/snapback]

I've seen Ashton play a few times and there's nothing to suggest he's better than Kitson, who should do nicely in the premiership if he stays injury-free.

What about Leroy Lita? Or Kevin Doyle?

Wouldn't you rather he stayed with you, actually?

103832[/snapback]

Leroy is class this season, but I don’t know if he is Premiership-material yet…

Andrew Johnson? 22 games – 11 goals in the Championship and 3 games – 2 goals in the FA Cup…

103832[/snapback]

Lita probably wont go anywhere considering the amount Mr Mad paid for him, but he is a great little player. Not very tall but leaps like a salmon, knows where the goal is and is good on the ball. Tends to go missing though in some games. One for the future. Out for the rest of the season with a broken tibia (sp?) though. :clapping:

It surprises me that Doyle isn't in the premiership, for his stature he's surprisingly good in the air, has magic feet and a cracking shot. Hard to say which is the best Reading striker, they all have their merits but I don't think it's a position which needs strengthening upon entering the premiership.

Both are pacey like greased weasels too.

103832[/snapback]

Lita probably wont go anywhere considering the amount Mr Mad paid for him, but he is a great little player. Not very tall but leaps like a salmon, knows where the goal is and is good on the ball. Tends to go missing though in some games. One for the future. Out for the rest of the season with a broken tibia (sp?) though. :)

It surprises me that Doyle isn't in the premiership, for his stature he's surprisingly good in the air, has magic feet and a cracking shot. Hard to say which is the best Reading striker, they all have their merits but I don't think it's a position which needs strengthening upon entering the premiership.

Both are pacey like greased weasels too.

103844[/snapback]

You'd be gutted if Newcastle took any of them off your team tbh

Don't know much about Huntelaar, but remember how good Kezmans goals/games ratio was in Holland and he flopped in the Prem.

I'd take Ashton or Yakubu, but as they are already in the Premiership they would cost a fortune.

One Championship player who looks decent and wouldn't cost the earth is David Nugent at Preston.