Shearer's replacement

janu

What about Leroy Lita? Or Kevin Doyle?

Wouldn't you rather he stayed with you, actually?

103832[/snapback]

Lita probably wont go anywhere considering the amount Mr Mad paid for him, but he is a great little player. Not very tall but leaps like a salmon, knows where the goal is and is good on the ball. Tends to go missing though in some games. One for the future. Out for the rest of the season with a broken tibia (sp?) though. :)

It surprises me that Doyle isn't in the premiership, for his stature he's surprisingly good in the air, has magic feet and a cracking shot. Hard to say which is the best Reading striker, they all have their merits but I don't think it's a position which needs strengthening upon entering the premiership.

Both are pacey like greased weasels too.

103844[/snapback]

You'd be gutted if Newcastle took any of them off your team tbh

104194[/snapback]

Reading would.

I'd be partially gutted because I wouldn't be able to watch them as often.

I'd be happy NUFC signed a decent striker.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check this player out lads! Very modern Striker in the Rooney/Beardsley type mould , as he can drop off looking for the ball, make great runs up top himself or hold it up. The guy for me is different class and could be a legend here!! Very creative, incredibily quick, strong, brave, good in the air and skillfull with a great eye for goal too a thinner but quicker version of Rooney if you like as a player and a bigger better looking version of Berdo. He scored a hatrick against man u in the champions league last year when they (or he) beat them 3-0, not too many players if any can boast that even in the premiership, links midfield and attack well or can play as an out and out striker or he can drop deep looking for the ball like Rooney if we can't feed him and Owen who by the way would absoluteley thrive on his creativity. Saw him play AC Milan who have arguably the best defence in the world and certainly the most experienced nesta, maldini Cafu etc and he made mince meat of them early on unfortunately the rest of his team including Anelka were poor that night and they lost, but it was the ease in which he got round players of that caliber that impressed me so much.

He is worshiped at Fenerbache as Shearer is here so it'd be hard enough trying to pry him away from there, never mind convincing him that he should come to the Toon! But Emre's already here and if we can attract Nihat too and finish up in a Euro spot its not impossible! Aim high! He might well fancy a bigger challenge as he probably at some point will want to try football elsewhere other than in Turkey! We should really push the boat out for him imo

someone had a great clip of him but atm can only find this one!

http://www.youtube.com/?v=eGBnlnw0VYA

Looks nearly as good as Luque in that.

104534[/snapback]

He's better than the like's of Luque, he's 24 year old Turkish lad, whose the up and comming star to rival Emre (who is still considered the best turkish player) Tuncay has been impressing big time for at least the last 4 years and imo is ripe for the picking in the summer. Fenerbache will not want to lose this kid but we have to gamble on him wanting to try his luck elsewhere and where better than with his international pal Emre (and hopefully Nihat too)!

Good for business too as turkey has a big population who would all want to watch us and buy shirts etc etc too.

I'm not one of these that rated Luque btw

Looks nearly as good as Luque in that.

104534[/snapback]

He's better than the like's of Luque, he's 24 year old Turkish lad, whose the up and comming star to rival Emre (who is still considered the best turkish player) Tuncay has been impressing big time for at least the last 4 years and imo is ripe for the picking in the summer. Fenerbache will not want to lose this kid but we have to gamble on him wanting to try his luck elsewhere and where better than with his international pal Emre (and hopefully Nihat too)!

Good for business too as turkey has a big population who would all want to watch us and buy shirts etc etc too.

I'm not one of these that rated Luque btw

104537[/snapback]

Fernabache would demand a small fortune though.

I think you've missed my point. I've seen a few of these clips of Tuncay, where he looks, admittedly, very good, but I've seen very little of him outside of that. So I'm taking the rave reviews and highlights with a pinch of salt.

You don't rate Luque, but he was a fantastic player in Spain, much as Tuncay is a fantastic player in a different league. What would you say are the dangers of getting Tuncay? What are his weaknesses, where could it go wrong?

I think you've missed my point.  I've seen a few of these clips of Tuncay, where he looks, admittedly, very good, but I've seen very little of him outside of that.  So I'm taking the rave reviews and highlights with a pinch of salt.

You don't rate Luque, but he was a fantastic player in Spain, much as Tuncay is a fantastic player in a different league.  What would you say are the dangers of getting Tuncay?  What are his weaknesses, where could it go wrong?

104540[/snapback]

I've watched a fair bit of him, he's strong, fast and a great finisher. He's most famous for his Champions League hat-trick against Man United and at the age of 24 he may well go on to be a superstar. The problem is his club Fernabache are more than likely to put a large price tag on his head and can we really risk paying a large sum of cash for a player untested in the premiership?

Edited by Bellers

Weren't we after him when Souey was at the helm?

104552[/snapback]

Rumoured to be, and Nihat, and every other half decent striker in Europe.

I think you've missed my point.  I've seen a few of these clips of Tuncay, where he looks, admittedly, very good, but I've seen very little of him outside of that.  So I'm taking the rave reviews and highlights with a pinch of salt.

You don't rate Luque, but he was a fantastic player in Spain, much as Tuncay is a fantastic player in a different league.  What would you say are the dangers of getting Tuncay?  What are his weaknesses, where could it go wrong?

104540[/snapback]

I've watched a fair bit of him, he's strong, fast and a great finisher. He's most famous for his Champions League hat-trick against Man United and at the age of 24 he may well go on to be a superstar. The problem is his club Fernabache are more than likely to put a large price tag on his head and can we really risk paying a large sum of cash for a player untested in the premiership?

104541[/snapback]

Yes imo!!! He's that good!

My two pence worth is that imo this kid who'd just gone 24 at the end of Jan, is mega talented and yes Fenerbache knowing how good he is will not let him go on the cheap unfortunately and will not want him to go at all (i can envisage rioting and the fans being pig sick). But watch him when you can and he will not disapoint!! I'm thinking he may cost around the £10m mark. But could be worth £15m + or even double within a year or two. He could be our answer to Ronaldhinho, Henry or Rooney, as if he was Brazilian we'd have no chance and he'd have been snapped up already. Tuncay is impressing left right and center, we have a small chance of obtaing his services especially as we have Emre and may well be getting Nihat. Get him signed ASAP

104540[/snapback]

104541[/snapback]

My two pence worth is that imo this kid who'd just gone 24 at the end of Jan, is mega talented and yes Fenerbache knowing how good he is will not let him go on the cheap unfortunately and will not want him to go at all (i can envisage rioting and the fans being pig sick). But watch him when you can and he will not disapoint!! I'm thinking he may cost around the £10m mark. But could be worth £15m + or even double within a year or two. He could be our answer to Ronaldhinho, Henry or Rooney, as if he was Brazilian we'd have no chance and he'd have been snapped up already. Tuncay is impressing left right and center, we have a small chance of obtaing his services especially as we have Emre and may well be getting Nihat. Get him signed ASAP

104583[/snapback]

Fair enough he has a huge amount of potential and will probably fulfil it, but we're not in the position to make such a large gamble.

104540[/snapback]

104541[/snapback]

104583[/snapback]

Fair enough he has a huge amount of potential and will probably fulfil it, but we're not in the position to make such a large gamble.

104596[/snapback]

Well i beg to differ we don't know how much money will be availiable, but this would be my plan come summer.

SELL

Luque £9m Barca and Madrid are very interested apparently

Faye £2m

Viana £2m

Butt £1.5m

Bowyer £1.5m

Car? £1.5m

Chops - released end of contract

Shearer - Retire

Clarky - retire

Moore ????

TOTAL 17.5m

BUY

M.TAYLOR £2M

NIHAT FREE

TUNCAY £10M

MEITE FREE

HASSAN FREE

MILNER LOAN RETURN

TOTAL £11.5m

NUFC SQUAD CORE

GIVEN - HARPER - CAIG/KRUL

RAMAGE - MEITE

TAYLOR - BRAMBLE- HUNTINGDON

BOUMSONG - ELLIOTT? - MOORE?

BABAYARO - M. TAYLOR

SOLANO - MILNER

PARKER - HASSAN

EMRE- PATTISON

ZOGGY -O'BRIEN

OWEN - NIHAT

TUNCAY - DYER - AMEOBI?

TEAM THEN

GIVEN

RAMAGE TAYLOR BOUM BABA

SOLANO PARKER EMRE ZOGGY

TUNCAY OWEN

SUBS

HARPER

TAYLOR - can play LB, LW or CM

HASSAN - CM

MILNER - Any attacking role

NIHAT - For when Owen is injured or needs resting etc etc can play RW too

INJURED

DYER

MOORE

ALL FIGURED OUT LADS!!! MOVE OVER GLEN :)

Edited by TOPTOON

Don't forget to save your game at regular intervals. :)

104770[/snapback]

That and he's forgotten Shola on any of his lists there- not sold, released, made the squad or subs. Has he been relegated to being the unofficial team mascot? (makes one beg to wonder what sort of damage he could do in that capacity)

104770[/snapback]

That and he's forgotten Shola on any of his lists there- not sold, released, made the squad or subs. Has he been relegated to being the unofficial team mascot? (makes one beg to wonder what sort of damage he could do in that capacity)

104773[/snapback]

If you're taking it seriously, then there's no centre-back on the bench, and no real way to swap them around if a centre-back is injured.

Move over Souness, maybe.

104770[/snapback]

104773[/snapback]

Shola's shite but, on the evidence of this season, he's a canny bit better than Luque.

Shola's shite but, on the evidence of this season, he's a canny bit better than Luque.

104776[/snapback]

Can't sell Shola to Real for 9m though. Good thing the new chairman is a massive Football Manager 2006 fan.

104776[/snapback]

Can't sell Shola to Real for 9m though. Good thing the new chairman is a massive Football Manager 2006 fan.

104778[/snapback]

:) True.

Don't forget to save your game at regular intervals. :D

104770[/snapback]

104773[/snapback]

If you're taking it seriously, then there's no centre-back on the bench, and no real way to swap them around if a centre-back is injured.

Move over Souness, maybe.

104775[/snapback]

So Ramage coulden't play CB ? :)

M. Taylor could at a push too!

You could put Bramble n the bench for Hassan if needed.

Not expecting that to happen so not meant to be deadly serious, but none of that is too outrageously far fetched imo

Don't forget to save your game at regular intervals. :D

104770[/snapback]

:)

GIVEN

RAMAGE TAYLOR BOUM BABA

SOLANO PARKER EMRE ZOGGY

TUNCAY OWEN

Of that team i picked the only one we haven't got is Tuncay. The odds are we won't get him but we need 2 strikers come the summer Tuncay would be my preffered realistic option (aiming high i know), but Anelka, Kuyt, Gudjohnsson plus say Nihat should be the type of players we are looking at.

Whats your idea's then lads?

104816[/snapback]

Then who would you put at right-back smart-alec? :D

104825[/snapback]

You called?

104816[/snapback]

Then who would you put at right-back smart-alec? :D

104825[/snapback]

M.Taylor or move s. Taylor there and play m. taylor CB ;)

It'd depend whats going on in the game, if we are losing and need to take a gamble to score then Nobby's played there before and stick Milner RW or Just Stick Milner RB with license to charge up field!

Meite may make RB his own and then having Ramage on the bench is great as he can fill in anywhere along the back four.

All figured out!! :icon_lol:

Edited by TOPTOON