Shearers Replacement - found!

Ugly Mackems

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think anyone argued that he wasn't a good footballer, he was and still is an excellent forward. He is, however, a bit of a tit, and when we bought Owen as a replacement I was delighted, one of the first times NUFC have sold a good player but actually replaced him with someone better.

103462[/snapback]

Cue posts from the usual suspects who'll claim Owen has replaced Shearer, not Bellamy! :D

103491[/snapback]

Owen - Out and out goalscorer/striker

Shearer - Out and out goalscorer/striker

Bellamy - Support striker to an out and out goalscorer type

You can tell me where I'm wrong and we can have a debate about it, or is it going to be a silly one-liner?

I'm open to alternative opinions Craig, I know I may not be right but this is what I believe as I sit here right now. Convince me I'm wrong.

103714[/snapback]

Shearer is still here, Bellamy is not. I think it's fairly self explanatory who he was bought to replace! ;)

So if we buy a striker of the Shearer mould this summer, are you going to claim he's a replacement for Bellamy?? :)

103862[/snapback]

:icon_lol:

Hope in your job you have nowt to do with forward planning.

104038[/snapback]

Plenty to do with forward planning - still doesn't make Owen Shearer's replacement...