Shearers Replacement - found!

Ugly Mackems

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think anyone argued that he wasn't a good footballer, he was and still is an excellent forward. He is, however, a bit of a tit, and when we bought Owen as a replacement I was delighted, one of the first times NUFC have sold a good player but actually replaced him with someone better.

103462[/snapback]

Cue posts from the usual suspects who'll claim Owen has replaced Shearer, not Bellamy! :clapping:

I can't think of anyone who said Bellamy was shit - not as good as he (or his fan club) seem to think yes but certainly not shit.

Well I can't be bothered to search the archives, but plenty of people suddenly believed Bellamy was shit.

I don't think a return is possible while FS/Shearer ae involved so I don't see the point in mentioning him.

When he was at Celtic, and before a firm offer was made, FS was quoted as saying whether Bellamy played for us again was down to the manager. That's how it should be anarl. FS won't veto it and it should have nowt to do with Shearer. If it has, then as I say, the sooner he fúcks off the better.

103405[/snapback]

Two disasters have befallen our club in recent times

One was the appointment of Souness the other was the departure of Bellamy.

I`m tempted to say the third was signing Michael Owen. He hasn`t lived up to expectations yet has he? talk about injury prone. Plus he`s on record as saying he`s unhappy at Newcastle mind you that was with Shiteness as manager so perhaps its understandable.

On the other hand Bellamy gave 100% untill Shiteness arrived youve only got to look back at our matches when he played and his current form even got him a mention on MOTD.

Cant quitte understand the anti Shearer camp Yes ok he may have a bit too much influence but if there is anyone who has truly given all to our club then it has to be Alan Shearer and Shay Given. There have got to be many clubs who would give thier right arms for a keeper of Given`s class while Shearer along with Glenn Roeder has turned this club around.

We certainly could do with Bellamy back but doubtless it would be at a price a lot higher than we let him go for.

:clapping:

Edited by pertoon

Am I to assume then HTL that if Fat Fred comes out and says he doesnt want Bellamy back then you'll proclaim Fred as a nob and the worst chairman ever? should be a bit of a backtrack like.

In fact wont that pickle your brain? Fred or Bellers, Fred or Bellers, daddy or chips?

103426[/snapback]

Pickle my brain? What are you on about now? What a stupid comment tbh.

What's best for the club mate, as I always want. The day it's best for the club that Fred goes then I'll be all for it.

103447[/snapback]

Im saying it would pickle your brain because you seem to think that neither Bellamy or Fred can do no wrong (its not difficult to understand grandad :clapping:), I know you think that by keep bleating on about how you're right and everyone else is a nob to disagree then you think that one day they'll listen and bring back Bellers to a huge heroes welcome, there'll be tickertape parades and we'll all have street parties, just like we did for queenies jubilee. You see, I think Bellamys a good player and would benefit our team on the pitch but I also see you going on and on and on about him and think if any other manager had been the one to sell him then you'd not have opened your mouth.

Well its not going to happen but it would be nice for once to see the likes of yourself actually accept a post in the way its meant not come back with the usual "what a stupid comment", or the other bollocks you use to reply when someone disagrees with you.

I'll make it as straightforward as possible for you.

Choice:

Craig (lets have a wank hes scored another goal and I can use it against Souness) Bellamy

or

Fred (lets have a wank hes not said anything silly for a while) Shepherd.

Which would it be?

Oh and I'd prefer that you didnt spout the shite of "whatevers best for the club" because a year ago what this club needed was for everyone to get behind the team and manager, most people did it but you sure as hell didnt. So dont ever give us the whole "Im the perfect soopafan" shite.

[/rant]

103449[/snapback]

Hilarious rant pudding, even for you.

How ironic that you're having a terrible 2 after YOU banged on about MY brain being pickled. Your tantrum at me using this word 'nob' makes me laugh given your apparently acceptable use of the words 'nobjockey' and 'numpty' toward other people. You always were the king of the double-standard though.

Here are some facts for you, tell me what it is you don't understand.

1. I don't think I'm always right. I do post what I believe to be correct, the same as you and everyone else does. Perhaps you're stupid enough to deliberabely post stuff you know to be wrong, but that would be your problem.

2. I make mistakes all the time, it's called being human.

3. I don't think everyone is a nob if they don't agree with me. That doesn't mean I don't think you're a numpty though, or nobjockey.

4. You think everyone who disagrees with you is a nobjockey or a numpty.

5. I think Bellamy and Fred do make mistakes.

6. My agitation at the loss of a top player is everything to do with how I feel about the club and nothing to do with what I think about Souness. He is a wanker regardless. I was just as pissed off when we let Robson, Waddle, Beardsley and Gascoigne go, and believe it or not, Souness wasn't manager then. Look it up if you don't believe me.

Cheers

Edited by Howaythelads

I don't think anyone argued that he wasn't a good footballer, he was and still is an excellent forward. He is, however, a bit of a tit, and when we bought Owen as a replacement I was delighted, one of the first times NUFC have sold a good player but actually replaced him with someone better.

103462[/snapback]

Cue posts from the usual suspects who'll claim Owen has replaced Shearer, not Bellamy! :clapping:

103491[/snapback]

Owen - Out and out goalscorer/striker

Shearer - Out and out goalscorer/striker

Bellamy - Support striker to an out and out goalscorer type

You can tell me where I'm wrong and we can have a debate about it, or is it going to be a silly one-liner?

I'm open to alternative opinions Craig, I know I may not be right but this is what I believe as I sit here right now. Convince me I'm wrong.

Hilarious rant pudding, even for you.

How ironic that you're having a terrible 2 after YOU banged on about MY brain being pickled. Your tantrum at me using this word 'nob' makes me laugh given your apparently acceptable use of the words 'nobjockey' and 'numpty' toward other people. You always were the king of the double-standard though.

Here are some facts for you, tell me what it is you don't understand.

1. I don't think I'm always right. I do post what I believe to be correct, the same as you and everyone else does. Perhaps you're stupid enough to deliberabely post stuff you know to be wrong, but that would be your problem.

2. I make mistakes all the time, it's called being human.

3. I don't think everyone is a nob if they don't agree with me. That doesn't mean I don't think you're a numpty though, or nobjockey.

4. You think everyone who disagrees with you is a nobjockey or a numpty.

5. I think Bellamy and Fred do make mistakes.

6. My agitation at the loss of a top player is everything to do with how I feel about the club and nothing to do with what I think about Souness. He is a wanker regardless. I was just as pissed off when we let Robson, Waddle, Beardsley and Gascoigne go, and believe it or not, Souness wasn't manager then. Look it up if you don't believe me.

Cheers

103710[/snapback]

:blush::clapping::nufc::)

Once, just once can someone disagree with you and put questions back without you doing the sad old twat routine?

My original post was a tongue in cheek (its known as not taking life too seriously) version of a semi serious post about which you would choose between having Bellamy back or Shepherd staying and yet you turned that into me abusing you?

All I meant in the first post was that you would get into that whole "daddy or chips" routine if it happened ie unable to decide who to back.

Nowhere in the posts following my early morning "what the fucks he on?" rant have you attempted to answer the basic question I put all you did was come back with a post where you think your being funny while everyone else (except UM and Leazes) realises you're being a tart.

All I wanted to know was, if it came down to a choice between backing Bellamy or Shepherd which would it be?

Cheers mate

You can tell me where I'm wrong and we can have a debate about it, or is it going to be a silly one-liner?

I'm open to alternative opinions Craig, I know I may not be right but this is what I believe as I sit here right now. Convince me I'm wrong.

103714[/snapback]

Looking at his scoring record posted at the start of this thread Bellamy looks like an out-and-out goalscorer, but I agree, when we signed Owen I thought we were getting Bellamy's replacement, having watched him for Newcastle he seems much more in the Shearer mould to me.

I would love to see if that partnership could work (though I'm still dubious about Bellamy's character) and with Souness gone and Shearer going I think it's more likely to happen than has been suggested. Bellamy would see it as the ultimate victory over Souness and from what FS has said if the new manager wanted him he'd have no problems getting him back, especially at the reputed 4.5m price tag.

103714[/snapback]

Owen - Small striker whos pace troubles defenders and benefits from Shearer's knockdowns

Bellamy - Small striker whos pace troubles defenders and benefited from Shearer's knockdowns

It's impossible to compare individual players because their games are not identical, certainly not possible in four words. Perhaps players are bought for their own attributes rather than as a direct replacement?

:blush:  :clapping:  :nufc:  :)

Once, just once can someone disagree with you and put questions back without you doing the sad old twat routine?

What sad old twat routine? Give me an example, just one of those little examples, mate. I'll answer anything put to me, always have and always will.

My original post was a tongue in cheek (its known as not taking life too seriously) version of a semi serious post about which you would choose between having Bellamy back or Shepherd staying and yet you turned that into me abusing you?

All I meant in the first post was that you would get into that whole "daddy or chips" routine if it happened ie unable to decide who to back.

I know what you meant.

Nowhere in the posts following my early morning "what the fucks he on?" rant have you attempted to answer the basic question I put all you did was come back with a post where you think your being funny while everyone else (except UM and Leazes) realises you're being a tart.

Tart? Funny? The points in my last post are valid. You felt the need once again to chuck in various accusations that are a load of bollocks. I'm just pointing that out, that's all.

All I wanted to know was, if it came down to a choice between backing Bellamy or Shepherd which would it be?

You'll have to clarify the question because Fred isn't a player, so I'm not sure how this is a realistic choice. In any case, I'll have a go. The manager picks the players, the Chairman supports the manager.

103714[/snapback]

Owen - Small striker whos pace troubles defenders and benefits from Shearer's knockdowns

Bellamy - Small striker whos pace troubles defenders and benefited from Shearer's knockdowns

It's impossible to compare individual players because their games are not identical, certainly not possible in four words. Perhaps players are bought for their own attributes rather than as a direct replacement?

103729[/snapback]

Mate, the fact they are small and quick is the only thing they have in common. Their 'game' is entirely different, Owen is similar to Shearer, not Bellamy. Dotbum just said it in the previous post.

You'll have to clarify the question because Fred isn't a player, so I'm not sure how this is a realistic choice. In any case, I'll have a go. The manager picks the players, the Chairman supports the manager.

103733[/snapback]

you ever thought of going into politics? :clapping:

If you'd read it as how it was meant in the first place then you'd have been able to answer it.

Am I to assume then HTL that if Fat Fred comes out and says he doesnt want Bellamy back then you'll proclaim Fred as a nob and the worst chairman ever? should be a bit of a backtrack like.

In fact wont that pickle your brain? Fred or Bellers, Fred or Bellers, daddy or chips?

103733[/snapback]

you ever thought of going into politics? :clapping:

If you'd read it as how it was meant in the first place then you'd have been able to answer it.

103742[/snapback]

I read it and understood it fully earlier on. I refer you to the response I gave earlier, and in fact in my last post in this thread. It was also there in the first place.

Ah the old "Who is Owen replacing" debate, its a favourite! :nufc:

But what the hell, lets go over it all again :clapping:

The main and perhaps most important fact in the argument is that Fat Fred, Big Al, Souness and Owen himself made it obvious he was replacing Shearer with Owen merely adding he wished he could play alongside him longer than this season.

Owen and Shearer are and always will be the main/most important striker in any partnership, (when they play toegther you can take your pick, Owen is currently better obviously but Big Al at the toon is a legend)

They are both the main goal scorer and carry the weight of the team

Both proven international, CL and prem goal scorers

Both have massive reputations, lift the team by their presence and worry the opposition (less so for Shearer towards the end obviously)

Both were massive high profile signings made to state our intentions, our spending power and ability to attract the best (whether you think thats wise is a different matter)

And its always been clear that Fat Fred had set aside money when the chance came to replace SHEARER with a striker of potentially equal standing. So he tried for Rooney, failed and some of that money seemed to disappear, but as soon as Owen was available the SHEARER money returned.

Bellamy is a creative, support striker who doesn't get you 25 a season, but sets up more than enough to balance that. I think he's a fanstastic player but he will never make a number one out and out goalscorer like Big Al or Owen.

And for the record unlike alot of britsih footy fans i don't believe you have to have a "little" and "large" combo up front. Owen and Bellamy together would be awesome with the right fooballers behind them creating and would scare the shit out of any defence, The only thing that would hinder them would be Sounes style tactics of humping the ball in the air at them and getting 11 men behind the ball thus creating fuck all for them.

Edited by Papa Lazaru

Ah the old "Who is Owen replacing" debate, its a favourite!  :nufc:

But what the hell, lets go over it all again  :clapping:

The main and perhaps most important fact in the argument is that Fat Fred, Big Al, Souness and Owen himself made it obvious he was replacing Shearer with Owen merely adding he wished he could play alongside him longer than this season.

Owen and Shearer are and always will be the main/most important striker in any partnership, (when they play toegther you can take your pick, Owen is currently better obviously but Big Al at the toon is a legend)

Both have massive reputations, lift the team by their presence and worry the opposition (less so for Shearer towards the end obviously)

Both were massive high profile signings made to state our intentions, our spending power and ability to attract the best (whether you think thats wise is a different matter)

And its always been clear that Fat Fred had set aside money when the chance came to replace SHEARER with a striker of potentially equal standing. So he tried for Rooney, failed and some of that money seemed to disappear, but as soon as Owen was available the SHEARER money returned.

Bellamy is a creative, support striker who doesn't get you 25 a season, but sets up more than enough to balance that. I think he's a fanstastic player but he will never make a number one out and out goalscorer like Big Al or Owen.

And for the record unlike alot of britsih footy fans i don't believe you have to have a "little" and "large" combo up front. Owen and Bellamy together would be awesome with the right fooballers behind them creating and would scare the shit out of any defence, The only thing that would hinder them would be Sounes style tactics of humping the ball in the air at them and getting 11 men behind the ball thus creating fuck all for them.

103818[/snapback]

Well said.

Ah the old "Who is Owen replacing" debate, its a favourite!  :)

But what the hell, lets go over it all again  :clapping:

103818[/snapback]

Spoken like a true midget! :nufc:

103462[/snapback]

Cue posts from the usual suspects who'll claim Owen has replaced Shearer, not Bellamy! :nufc:

103491[/snapback]

103714[/snapback]

Shearer is still here, Bellamy is not. I think it's fairly self explanatory who he was bought to replace! :)

So if we buy a striker of the Shearer mould this summer, are you going to claim he's a replacement for Bellamy?? :clapping:

Shearer and Owen share certain traits, but are different in a lot of ways. Same goes for Bellamy and Owen. Shearer and Bellamy are completely different. See, easy.

Bellamy would be a good replacement for Willow if they ever make a sequel.

103893[/snapback]

Remake of 'Hunchback of Notre Dame' tbh! :clapping:

103462[/snapback]

Cue posts from the usual suspects who'll claim Owen has replaced Shearer, not Bellamy! :nufc:

103491[/snapback]

103714[/snapback]

Shearer is still here, Bellamy is not. I think it's fairly self explanatory who he was bought to replace! :)

So if we buy a striker of the Shearer mould this summer, are you going to claim he's a replacement for Bellamy?? :clapping:

103862[/snapback]

:blush:

Hope in your job you have nowt to do with forward planning.

103462[/snapback]

103491[/snapback]

103714[/snapback]

103862[/snapback]

:blush:

Hope in your job you have nowt to do with forward planning.

104038[/snapback]

I believe IT Monkey is his official title. :blush: