HTML Layers

peasepud

Im busy creating a site and have an idea for a gallery but not quite sure how to implement it, I have a large image map on the screen with different image areas, when a user clicks an area I want to make visible a 2nd layer over the top with the picture in it then when they click that layer it will disappear.

Any thoughts? Ive hardly used layers much so not certain on them.

Get a pair of scissors and cut out the bit you want, then stick it onto the next layer with some Pritt-Stick. Contine to do this until you have what you want. Voila!!! :clapping:

Get a pair of scissors and cut out the bit you want, then stick it onto the next layer with some Pritt-Stick.  Contine to do this until you have what you want.  Voila!!!  :clapping:

103501[/snapback]

Rob W is gonna tan your hide for this!

Get a pair of scissors and cut out the bit you want, then stick it onto the next layer with some Pritt-Stick.  Contine to do this until you have what you want.  Voila!!!  :nufc:

103501[/snapback]

Rob W is gonna tan your hide for this!

103504[/snapback]

Bring it on!! :clapping:

You need to use the z-bufffer in css, then change the z-buffer value using an onClick in js. You'll find someone's code in google to nick searching for "z buffer onlick" (maybe add the keyword image).

I've not used an imagemap in a really long time but as far as I remember you can just slap the onClicks in there like normal links.

Hope that makes some sense, otherwise Cath's idea with prittStick it is.