Dentists

Howaythelads

Utter bastards, all that pain and then you have to PAY for it??? :clapping:

Had 4 teeth out and then braces for a year, then a year with a retainer...couldn't even eat for the first week.

Oh and it isn't worth it kids.

(thank fuck i wear a visor playing hockey when you see all these toothless candians about...)

There are dentists in the U.K?  :clapping:  :nufc:

103820[/snapback]

Don't know about the rest of the UK, but our country, England, have dentists. :)

103850[/snapback]

Oh I get it, you just lack orthodontists.

103820[/snapback]

Don't know about the rest of the UK, but our country, England, have dentists. :)

103850[/snapback]

103858[/snapback]

Got quite a few of them as well :blush:

This country's going to the dogs. You know, the idea of a welfare state that would provide decent public services for everyone was proposed during WWII. It gave a lot of people hope that the post war Britain would be a fairer place with more opportunity, and what's happening? Greedy people with sink or swim Laissez Faire attitudes are one by one stripping this away. Its disgusting.

Is this true? I've heard nothing of it and a quick Google has revealed nothing either. As far as I was aware, dental care is free on the NHS for under 18s if you can find an NHS dentist.

103820[/snapback]

103850[/snapback]

103858[/snapback]

American humour at its best.

Utter bastards, all that pain and then you have to PAY for it???  :clapping:

Had 4 teeth out and then braces for a year, then a year with a retainer...couldn't  even eat for the first week.

Oh and it isn't worth it kids.

(thank fuck i wear a visor playing hockey when you see all these toothless candians about...)

103817[/snapback]

Aye, but you're nearly 17 so it doesn't bother you anyway! :nufc:

Is this true? I've heard nothing of it and a quick Google has revealed nothing either. As far as I was aware, dental care is free on the NHS for under 18s if you can find an NHS dentist.

103877[/snapback]

Absolutely true.

103877[/snapback]

Absolutely true.

104039[/snapback]

|Not that I don't believe you, but have you got a link? Just the implications are absolutely massive, you could have families paying huge amounts of money. Surprised there's not uproar really.

103820[/snapback]

103850[/snapback]

103858[/snapback]

103887[/snapback]

That was an episode of Frasier when the lovely Daphne stormed in and shouted that she was ditchiung her dentist

Frasier - "Ooooh - losing a set of British national health teeth - that woman knows how to hurt the medical profession"

went right over the heads of 99.999% of the US viewers I'm sure but went down a a storm with the dentists

103820[/snapback]

103850[/snapback]

103858[/snapback]

103887[/snapback]

That was an episode of Frasier when the lovely Daphne stormed in and shouted that she was ditchiung her dentist

Frasier - "Ooooh - losing a set of British national health teeth - that woman knows how to hurt the medical profession"

went right over the heads of 99.999% of the US viewers I'm sure but went down a a storm with the dentists

104048[/snapback]

I know a researcher on Frasier......

:blush:

103820[/snapback]

103850[/snapback]

103858[/snapback]

103887[/snapback]

104048[/snapback]

I thought it was a common (-ish) joke in America that we have shit teeth.

103877[/snapback]

Absolutely true.

104039[/snapback]

|Not that I don't believe you, but have you got a link? Just the implications are absolutely massive, you could have families paying huge amounts of money. Surprised there's not uproar really.

104044[/snapback]

No link.

On 1st April the Department of Health is changing the procedure for contracts for NHS dentists. I'm predicting the result of this will be massive numbers of dentists pulling out of the NHS altogether. Just stand back and watch it happen, mate.

The Government of course will blame dentists, and the general public will swallow it. But the fact is the new system will make it nigh on impossible for a dentist to treat people under the NHS.

Private treatment for all is coming through the back door.

103877[/snapback]

Absolutely true.

104039[/snapback]

104044[/snapback]

No link.

On 1st April the Department of Health is changing the procedure for contracts for NHS dentists. I'm predicting the result of this will be massive numbers of dentists pulling out of the NHS altogether. Just stand back and watch it happen, mate.

The Government of course will blame dentists, and the general public will swallow it. But the fact is the new system will make it nigh on impossible for a dentist to treat people under the NHS.

104058[/snapback]

My mate's a dentist and is going 100% private from the 1st of April, which does support what HTL is saying.

103877[/snapback]

Absolutely true.

104039[/snapback]

104044[/snapback]

No link.

104058[/snapback]

My mate's a dentist and is going 100% private from the 1st of April, which does support what HTL is saying.

104063[/snapback]

Thanks for the support Gemmill, but I don't really need it mate. Unfortunately for you lot, on this subject I know what I'm talking about.

There are links out there.........here's a couple........

Link 1

Link 2

Note the last paragraph. What a scream that is, if you get my drift as it's obvious what has been happening.