Taylor glad Souness is gone.

Ugly Mackems

Taylor has noticed a complete turn-around in morale since the departure of manager Graeme Souness.

"The confidence all the way through the team has changed," he said.

"Everyone's looking forward to the next game and I don't think we really had that before.

"We're playing for each other - our passing's fantastic, we defend and attack as a team, we're covering each other at the back. We've got to keep it going and not get too full of ourselves. Knowing the lads, they won't."

Todays Journal

And this, from the same paper, less than a month earlier, confirms that all footballers do indeed talk utter shite.

"I'm absolutely devastated for the gaffer. He's been fantastic with me, and I'm grateful for everything he's done for me. He's been put under a lot of pressure, but he's never had his strongest team on the pitch since he's been in charge.

"I feel for him. I'd like to thank him for everything he's done for me.

"Graeme's always protected his players, and they've always been behind him. You see when players have scored goals, they've gone to celebrate with him. We were trying to show how much we were behind him.

"He's a great person and a great manager. I've never had any problem with him and he's been absolutely fantastic to play under. Graeme gave me my chance, and I wish him all the best."

And this, from the same paper, less than a month earlier, confirms that all footballers do indeed talk utter shite.

"I'm absolutely devastated for the gaffer. He's been fantastic with me, and I'm grateful for everything he's done for me. He's been put under a lot of pressure, but he's never had his strongest team on the pitch since he's been in charge.

"I feel for him. I'd like to thank him for everything he's done for me.

"Graeme's always protected his players, and they've always been behind him. You see when players have scored goals, they've gone to celebrate with him. We were trying to show how much we were behind him.

"He's a great person and a great manager. I've never had any problem with him and he's been absolutely fantastic to play under. Graeme gave me my chance, and I wish him all the best."

103879[/snapback]

That's more like it.

103879[/snapback]

And this from todays article ... :clapping:

Taylor has great sympathy for Scot Souness, who did more than most to advance the England Under-21 international's career.

"He was fantastic for me," he said. "He gave me my (full) debut and had a lot of faith and trust in me. I hope he does well in whatever he does.

"It was a bit unjustified the Press he got. The players he had injured were just killing us.

"I think the week after he left we had everyone back."

I don't know whose memory is better - Taylor's or mine - but wasn't it Uncle Bobby who gave him his full debut (I would have looked it up at .com but they are down).

103879[/snapback]

Taylor has great sympathy for Scot Souness, who did more than most to advance the England Under-21 international's career.

"He was fantastic for me," he said. "He gave me my (full) debut and had a lot of faith and trust in me. I hope he does well in whatever he does.

"It was a bit unjustified the Press he got. The players he had injured were just killing us.

I don't know whose memory is better - Taylor's or mine - but wasn't it Uncle Bobby who gave him his full debut (I would have looked it up at .com but they are down).

103881[/snapback]

SBR gave him his debut at Bolton IIRC. He played him at right back and he promptly made the mistake that led to their opener after a few minutes.

103879[/snapback]

103881[/snapback]

SBR gave him his debut at Bolton IIRC. He played him at right back and he promptly made the mistake that led to their opener after a few minutes.

103883[/snapback]

Exactly, that's the game I had in mind.

So, does Taylor think Souness was a great manager or not? He can't have it both ways. More pointless soundbites which justify why I'm not a fan of players talking to the press. Shut up, and play football. Ta. :clapping:

103879[/snapback]

103881[/snapback]

103883[/snapback]

Left back wasn't it?

103879[/snapback]

103881[/snapback]

103883[/snapback]

Left back wasn't it?

103888[/snapback]

Nah right back I think. I was there, behind the goal, in the Bolton end. Soopafan-takkatastic!

103879[/snapback]

103881[/snapback]

103883[/snapback]

Left back wasn't it?

103888[/snapback]

Nah right back I think. I was there, behind the goal, in the Bolton end. Soopafan-takkatastic!

103891[/snapback]

It was the only goal of the game iirc.

Can anyone tell me where that article actually says he is 'glad (Souness) has gone'? Doesnt it just say he's happy that the confidence has improved and that we're getting results?

Can anyone tell me where that article actually says he is 'glad (Souness) has gone'? Doesnt it just say he's happy that the confidence has improved and that we're getting results?

103919[/snapback]

Ugly Mackems spin tbh. It also says he's GUTTED Bellamy's gone if you read it properly.

103919[/snapback]

Ugly Mackems spin tbh. It also says he's GUTTED Bellamy's gone if you read it properly.

103921[/snapback]

:clapping:

Taylor has noticed a complete turn-around in morale since the departure of manager Graeme Souness.

"Everyone's looking forward to the next game and I don't think we really had that before.

"We're playing for each other - our passing's fantastic, we defend and attack as a team, we're covering each other at the back. We've got to keep it going and not get too full of ourselves. Knowing the lads, they won't."

Todays Journal

103875[/snapback]

See my post on Howaythetoon, "how we've changed under Roeder". These comments from Taylor reinforce that we would have went down under Souness and anyone who thinks any different wants their head looking at imo

See my post on Howaythetoon, "how we've changed under Roeder". These comments from Taylor reinforce that we would have went down under Souness and anyone who thinks any different wants their head looking at imo

103941[/snapback]

No-one's questioning that, but Taylor waxing lyrical about how GREAT a bloke and manager Souness was and then going on about how it's much better with Roeder about does not compute. Like I say, I'm not a fan of players talking to the press at all and have no interest in what they have to say, it's either a poor attempt at spin (see the mackems players comments this season for the perfect example of that) or boring same-old same-old bullshit. Paul Scholes has the right idea.

IMO and as I've said on many occasions i would put a total ban on players talking to the press other than after games, they just haven't got the minerals.

103961[/snapback]

Exactly, let's gag the bastards. I'll get the gimp while you wait for Zed...

103941[/snapback]

Stick on here man, no one goes on Howaythetoon :clapping:

103941[/snapback]

Stick on here man, no one goes on Howaythetoon :nufc:

103977[/snapback]

Tend to talk football on there and shite on here :clapping:

103919[/snapback]

103921[/snapback]

So what was morale like under Souness? Noticably worse if Taylor has told us it is now better.

So confidence was a problem under Souness? It's being inferred by Taylor that it is much better now he's gone.

Taylor now tells us that 'we' hated playing under Souness. Now 'everyone's' looking forward to the next game.

Taylor is telling us that the coaching was so poor that even basic skills were being neglected by Souness and his coaching staff.

So Taylor has given a damning indictment of the Souness tenure - either that or it's just spin I've put on it! Please wade in and tell where I'm wrong please.

103919[/snapback]

103921[/snapback]

So what was morale like under Souness? Noticably worse if Taylor has told us it is now better.

So confidence was a problem under Souness? It's being inferred by Taylor that it is much better now he's gone.

Taylor now tells us that 'we' hated playing under Souness. Now 'everyone's' looking forward to the next game.

Taylor is telling us that the coaching was so poor that even basic skills were being neglected by Souness and his coaching staff.

So Taylor has given a damning indictment of the Souness tenure - either that or it's just spin I've put on it! Please wade in and tell where I'm wrong please.

104008[/snapback]

Jesus wept-thats all plain as day! What we're saying is that Taylor's was actually a moderate response to the situation. You were sensationalising it as though he was slagging him off.

103919[/snapback]

103921[/snapback]

104008[/snapback]

No-one's doubting he said that, but he's also praising Souness to the hilt last month and also in the same Journal article. He's contradicting himself, either Souness was shit or he wasn't. My money's on it's all bullshit. :clapping: